Giant Bombcast on Spotify?

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I just got the new spotify update on iOS, and they've added support for podcasts! I'd like to consolidate all of my audio stuff into one app, so, I ask...

Is the Bombcast going to be on Spotify?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That would be pretty cool

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This would be great. I hope this happens.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I assume there is some way to add it to Spotify, do they take RSS feeds?

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I heard a bit about Spotify's new podcast and video initiatives, but I'm not sure how they're choosing content to take in or what any of the business end of things looks like. I'll ask around when I get back in the office, but it's probably something that will take some wheeling and dealing.

Or maybe we'll go Tidal-exclusive and have Jay-Z be the permanent fourth member of the Giant Bomb East podcast.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

"So Jay, what did you play last week?"

"Well.. I was on my boat, anchored a few miles off the shore of Malta all weekend man.."

"So you didn't play anything?"

"You know me Brad, can't go a few days with dropping some ill combos in puzzle and dragons son"

Enuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

since i use spotify for my daily music needs, this would be a welcome addition!

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

look I love spotify and all, but

I was born a default iOS Podcast app man, and I'll die a default iOS Podcast app man

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jeff: Would be pretty cool if it could happen! Would make it easy to listen to the Bombcast on the PS4 Spotify app while...maybe playing Destiny.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

It's kind of frustrating that there's no way to just tack on an RSS feed to your Spotify account and be on your way. This would be great for me to let go of my other podcast app (which works fine, but if I had everything in one place I would be happier).

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Y2Ken

I use Spotify pretty much every day so I'd probably listen to the podcast this way at least some of the time if it was there. It wouldn't necessarily make my life any easier than how I currently listen to it (usually just streaming to my phone from the site MP3 link or occasionally on my actual iPod from iTunes if I sync it up) but I'd use it.

EDIT: Actually @iron1c's point is pretty neat. I might be tempted to listen that way on occasion. Actually that reminds me of another benefit - streaming from the site doesn't track it to my Last.fm, and it's really slowed Giant Bomb's numbers on my profile dramatically since I shifted from exclusively using my iPod to streaming it on my phone a bunch. So I guess Spotify would help with that? Not the biggest issue, admittedly.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@humanity said:

"So Jay, what did you play last week?"

"Well.. I was on my boat, anchored a few miles off the shore of Malta all weekend man.."

"So you didn't play anything?"

"You know me Brad, can't go a few days with dropping some ill combos in puzzle and dragons son"

"And that's gonna do it for the Giant Bombcast this week, see you next Tuesday!"

"H.O.V.A.!"

Really, what's his number? I'm sure he's got a couple hours to spare.

jdbloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

+1 for this! Between Sticher, Pocket Casts and Spotify I want to move as much as possible to Spotify.

superkebabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listening while playing on PS4 is the only reason I'd want this and they haven't even updated the PS4 Spotify app to add this (in Canada), so time isn't really a factor here yet.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slab64 said:

I was born a default iOS Podcast app man, and I'll die a default iOS Podcast app man

I used to be like that, but then they made the iOS app entirely unusable. Have they fixed it recently?

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slab64 said:

I used to be like that, but then they made the iOS app entirely unusable. Have they fixed it recently?

Maybe? Not sure what your specific issues were but I haven't really had any major problems