• 110 results
Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Bocam

Being able to float is not a spoiler. It's something the developer specifically said you could do.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Jrinswand

Yeah, I heard the Fez spoilers just now when I was washing the dishes. I love listening to the Bombcast, but they can't just assume that because it's their job to play video games that other people have the same amount of luxury with their time as they do. I'm trying to get through the end of the semester right now, which means that I won't really be able to sit down and play Fez until the summer time, so until then I don't want to hear any spoilers, regardless of whether or not they think what they're saying is a spoiler.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#53  Edited By Little_Socrates

I haven't listened to the Bombcast yet this week, and while I effectively spoiled the game for myself over the weekend, I can't feel anything but empathy for people over this. Hell, this is like the fourth time they've spoiled the alphabet cipher between I Love Mondays and errant tweets. Both Patrick and Brad obsessively talked about how they avoided spoilers, but then they up and spoil stuff during the Bombcast? How completely fucked. Jeff and Vinny are of the opinion that the spoilers don't take too much from the experience because the game is super-obscure to begin with, so I really can't be that upset with them, but c'mon, P&B. That is not cool.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#54  Edited By bibamatt

@Little_Socrates said:

I haven't listened to the Bombcast yet this week, and while I effectively spoiled the game for myself over the weekend, I can't feel anything but empathy for people over this. Hell, this is like the fourth time they've spoiled the alphabet cipher between I Love Mondays and errant tweets. Both Patrick and Brad obsessively talked about how they avoided spoilers, but then they up and spoil stuff during the Bombcast? How completely fucked. Jeff and Vinny are of the opinion that the spoilers don't take too much from the experience because the game is super-obscure to begin with, so I really can't be that upset with them, but c'mon, P&B. That is not cool.

Yeah, this is the stuff I was talking about. Folk waxing on that 'flying isn't a spoiler!' - no-one's moaning about flying. Just didn't want to repeat it for fear of spreading the spoilers.

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By thornie

Never played FEZ. Listened to the Bombcast and I have not the slightest clue as to what was a spoiler and what was not. So it seems like they are only spoiling the game for people who already played it? So, I'll file this under "who cares?".

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By psylah
@bibamatt said:

@Little_Socrates said:

Yeah, this is the stuff I was talking about. Folk waxing on that 'flying isn't a spoiler!' - no-one's moaning about flying. Just didn't want to repeat it for fear of spreading the spoilers.

I knew nothing of the ability to fly, and this was the first I heard of it. 

The highest point of my Fez gameplay was the NG+ reveal, which was amazing. I assumed (when they were talking about it) that it was a NG++ reveal, so I was kinda pissed thinking I was being robbed of another awesome reveal.
Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Mijati

I can't believe no one is getting up in arms about the Trials spoiler, that's much more significant! (To be honest, that was actually a bigger "spoiler" than the Fez one was)

Mattalorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Mattalorian

Yeah. The Bombcast is really inconsistent with spoilers. In some cases, they'll deliberately sidestep significant portions of the game to prevent spoilers, and in others, they'll blurt out full ending twists without warning. Patrick is particularity bad about it - his Catherine spoiler really bummed me out. I was going to buy the game, but now that I know the twist, well, I think I'll give it a pass.

The best advice I can give is to simply skip over a section of the Bombcast if they're talking about a story-based game you intend to play. It sucks, and it really shouldn't be that way. Giant Bomb needs to get their shit together.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@rjayb89 said:

Is it about that certain "ability"? I haven't played the game, Fez, nor will I, but some comments on the bombcast page have said that that "ability" is treated more as a cheat code than a straight up mechanic.

I think your right. I've "beaten" the game, and didn't even know you could do that until I listened to the bombcast.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Mattalorian: Brad and Patrick seem the worst for it. Vinny never spoils anything and Jeff and Ryan are less frequent. I'm surprised Brad is so loose with them because he is adverse to spoilers himself. Going so far as to bring a music device to one of the podcasts so the rest of the crew could opening discuss Mass Effect 3.

I skipped over the Asura's Wrath and Journey discussions is fear of spoilers myself. The worst is how random they can be witrh spoilers like this week saying they were not going to spoil anything but doing that a few breaths later.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Mattalorian: There's still about six more good twists in Catherine. You should really play it anyways.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By Renahzor

Self regulate and don't listen to Bombcast until 1 year after they're released, that way you can be sure!

For any Bombcast that they happen to be discussing a game I might be concerned with spoilers about I simply skip it until I've finished large portions of the game. So far, I've skipped 1 bombcast with LA noir stuff, and one with Batman talk, neither of which upon listening to them after the fact contained anything major. I feel your impulsive need to consume content is out-weighing common sense. Here's a hint: its a podcast about video games, they may at some point discuss a portion of a game you might consider a spoiler, especially when they're relatively new. If you're concerned, maybe just put off listening to it for a couple days.

Mattalorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Mattalorian

@Little_Socrates: Thanks for the heads up - I think I'll play it in that case. I was just concerned that the story depended on that one big twist at the end.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By iamjohn

@supamon said:

I'm surprised they let fly that ability out so easily too.

I see what you did there.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Renahzor

@Little_Socrates: @Mattalorian: SPOILERS, now I know there are twists, and will be looking for twists if I ever play the game, and now they wont feel as pure, assholes.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mikey87144

@bibamatt: That happens a lot. Sometimes I wonder if we should post clarifications as the thread devolves into other discussions.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bocam

@Mattalorian: I don't even think the guys know the really big twist. Only because of how hard it is to see it

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By Xeirus

@CaLe said:

It's not even a spoiler, you fairies.

Not to mention Jeff already mentioned that in last weeks bombcast and no one said shit... people are idiots...

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TentPole

@CaLe said:

Yes it very much is, you homophobe.

@Xeirus said:

Not to mention Jeff already mentioned that in last weeks bombcast and no one said shit... people are idiots...

No he didn't. He talked around it.

At least I did not know about it until this weeks podcast.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By CaLe

@TentPole said:

@CaLe said:

Yes it very much is, you homophobe.

How is it a spoiler when it's not once mentioned inside the game itself and a person would have to have already read some message board to even know about it? (This thread IS about the flying thing, right?)

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Meh, just from looking at the trailers, I was able to figure out Catherine's 'secret'. It's pretty obvious.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By bushpusherr

I think you guys are overreacting a little bit. It isn't like they straight up said "this is how you solve this puzzle!" All they said was "you will have to pay attention in these different rooms to help figure stuff out" which, given that everyone now knows that the symbols everywhere aren't just window dressing but are actually important, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THAT ANYWAY.

Also the flying thing is totally not even an issue. I have like 60 cubes at the moment and I didn't even know how to do it. The game never tells you.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By ahgunsillyo
@cmblasko

Would anyone be kind enough to provide a time frame for which said spoilers take place on the podcast? I would prefer to maintain a spoiler-free Fez experience.

Once they start talking about Fez, skip to around the 33-minute mark. If you hear Brad talking about Starcraft, you're in the clear.
Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that was seriously annoying. Blurting shit out like that when the game is a week old is so lame.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bibamatt

@bushpusherr said:

All they said was "you will have to pay attention in these different rooms to help figure stuff out" which, given that everyone now knows that the symbols everywhere aren't just window dressing but are actually important, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THAT ANYWAY.

Until I listened to this week's Bombcast, I thought they were window dressing. Unless you've had it spoiled, you wouldn't know there's any significance there. In fact, that's one of the very things that the Bombcast praised the game for last week. The fact that you can play through to the first ending without thinking beyond it being a platformer. Now, after listening to this week's Bombcast, I know more about what's to come and I've had a 'eureka' moment spoiled.

Please don't be so condescending. The thread was meant to be a simple, courteous note for people who haven't played it much.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By bushpusherr

@bibamatt: I was hardly being condescending, I just think people are being too sensitive about this. Also, if you thought the symbols were just window dressing, that game would be totally unsatisfying and boring...sooooo, you could probably thank Giant Bomb for that "spoiler" because knowing that opens the game up so much more

Javes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Javes

People who get in a fit over spoilers are ruining the Bombcast.

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By StealthRaptor

I had the same experience today. I wish I had read your thread earlier!

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By bibamatt

@Xeirus said:

@CaLe said:

1. It wasn't mentioned the week before. 'A better way to traverse the levels' was hinted at, nothing more. I guessed what it might be, but that's it.
  2. If you'd read the thread, you'd know that folk aren't moaning about the flying. That's only really been bought up by people saying 'YO BRO, FLYING'S NOT A SPOILER'. People feel that more has been spoiled.

It's really not nice to come into a courteous thread and just through out a call that people are idiots. As I've said before, this was a simple note to people who are sensitive to spoilers in a game that people have been looking forward to for a long time. There was no intention of slating the Bomb crew or rubbishing the podcast. Just a suggestion to skip the first 20 minutes if you're early on in Fez. Chill out.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By bibamatt

@bushpusherr: I would've loved to have had more than a week to figure that out for myself (I've played the game for about half an hour so far). I've tried really hard to avoid spoilers for Fez, particularly after last week's Bombcast where the whole crew tried so hard (and succeeded) in waxing lyrical about the game without revealing ANYTHING. Like I said, as well as loads of other people in this thread, some just think that a simple eureka moment has been spoiled and I was just dropping a note for others to avoid that section of the podcast. No-one's said that they've ruined the game or that the Bombcast is shit. Just, yeah, it's good to discover things yourself and you won't do that as well if you listen to this week's Bombcast.

Crikey.

Sait0u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Sait0u

Yeah, I didn't seem like it was that big of a deal, but I want to go into that game fresh to get the full experience so I went ahead and skipped the Fez discussion to be safe.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By bushpusherr

@bibamatt: You seem super defensive, I'm just saying that I don't think what they said was that big of a deal at all, for anyone who still wants to listen to that discussion on the bombcast. I finished my first playthrough with the game before listening to the bombcasts...and I was ready to put it down because it just seemed like an easy platformer. After listening to them, and learning that all those symbols mean something, I went back in and enjoyed it a lot more, deciphering it all for myself. The big "eureka" moments haven't been spoiled by the bombcast, which is why I think everyone is saying that is isn't a big deal.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MrKlorox
I was playing Fez when Patrick just blurted something out that people trying to seal themselves off from clues and haven't beaten it yet would have never known was in the game. I was going to post something about it, but remembered back to last time he spoiled a big thing for me and how his white knights are always on duty. People give Brad shit for not being able to focus on the game when he's being recorded, but that doesn't actively ruin surprises in the game for people. But Patrick's theme is worse for the user.
jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jking47

I beat the game and had no idea about the flying thing, that spoiler took me completely by surprise. Was not too bad, but still, warning is always good.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By shaunk

This community overreacts way to much over things that are openly discussed everywhere else because they are not spoilers. Remember people saying that talking about the Batman Arkham City demo in a story was a spoiler? Then how after everyone played the game they realized they were being idiots?

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bibamatt

@MrKlorox said:

and how his white knights are always on duty.

I honestly don't think it's Patrick exclusive, that seems a little extreme. But Giant Bomb exclusive, yeah.

I know it's a forum and you should expect shit like this, but it's really sad that you can't make a well mannered, courteous suggestion for people to skip 20 minutes of a damn podcast without folk jumping in and calling everyone idiots and shouting people down for 'over-reacting'. I'd accept it if the thread was a 'fuck the bombcast' thread but the first post literally says "a mild warning to those that are sensitive to spoilers and to those that want to reveal Fez's secrets as spoiler free as possible. For those people, probably skip 20 minutes or so into this week's bombcast. That is all". Just a bit sad now. :(

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By NegativeCero

Even with some of the things they said, I will never remember it, especially if it pertains to the decoding of puzzles. I'm fine as long as I don't know any puzzle solutions. And apparently most people will look at spoilers to solve puzzles anyway, so there's that.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@bibamatt said:

Just a bit sad now. :(

Aw, you're making me sad now. It's okay! The internet sucks, but you can find the good. It's out there.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ComradeKhan

Thats unfortunate and they should know better. Last week Jeff kept blurting out micro-spoilers over and over. You could tell that he was really excited and wanted to tell everyone all about it and discuss - but you can't do that on a regular podcast right after the game has released. They've been in this line of work long enough to know better than gossip about a game that is full of twists on a public podcast. The game is really cool and they have reason to be excited about it but they should have the self control as adults and professionals to contain whatever urges they have to talk about spoilers. 

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TentPole

@MasturbatingestBear said:

This community overreacts way to much over things that are openly discussed everywhere else because they are not spoilers. Remember people saying that talking about the Batman Arkham City demo in a story was a spoiler? Then how after everyone played the game they realized they were being idiots?

You mean that time sites spoiled the fact that the Joker dies in Arkham City and then at the end the Joker dies.
shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By shaunk

@TentPole said:

@MasturbatingestBear said:

You mean that time sites spoiled the fact that the Joker dies in Arkham City and then at the end the Joker dies.

Because that's exactly how it went down right? Not at all the fact that they mentioned it as a sequence that happens a few hours into the game. Don't even try to make it seem like those are related.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TentPole

@MasturbatingestBear: I will just say that it took away much of the impact for me I think it was a poor move. I will also say that I think it was more Rocksteady's fault than anyone else's. Also you are much too aggressive.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By pyromagnestir

I remember hearing (on something credible, I think, although I can't remember what it was for the life of me) somewhere that people who'd had things like movies and books spoiled actually tended to enjoy them more than those who hadn't. Why that is I don't know, maybe it's they aren't worried about "missing" something and can just enjoy what's happening in the moment. That has also usually been the case in my own experience, as well, for the things that were spoiled for me. This is a little beside the point as those are passive experiences, whereas games require interaction and figuring out shit for yourself in a more direct way so maybe it wouldn't fully apply to them as well, I'd guess.

More on point, it sounds to me that, for some people here, this whole spoiler business is more of a you problem then a bombcrew problem, and that you should recognize your own sensitivity to things that spoil the experience for you and perhaps take more extreme precautions (although the bombcrew could take steps to help you out, like time stamping or a more explicit warning about what gets talked about so you know to be wary, but I also understand that there are so few people who stuff like this really bothers and given that it might not be worth the effort to do a full timestamp, which I'd imagine isn't quite so simple a thing to do with the way these guys podcast. Would you wanna listen to a 2 and a half hour thing to see if you mentioned Fez more than in just the 20 minute window you initially talked about it and that you didn't slip in a mention half an hour later or 2 hours later or whatever?)

So if you here them talking about Fez, bail if you don't want the Fez experience spoiled, is all I'm saying.

@Bocam said:

@Mattalorian: I don't even think the guys know the really big twist. Only because of how hard it is to see it

If you are talking about catherine pm me what you mean because I'm curious. I haven't played the game, but I don't ever really intend to so it's no big deal. I've looked up the endings and stuff on youtube but that's about as much interest in that game as I have.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Cloudenvy

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@bibamatt said:

Just a bit sad now. :(

Aw, you're making me sad now. It's okay! The internet sucks, but you can find the good. It's out there.

I don't believe you! :(

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95  Edited By Xeirus
@bibamatt

@Xeirus said:

@CaLe said:

1. It wasn't mentioned the week before. 'A better way to traverse the levels' was hinted at, nothing more. I guessed what it might be, but that's it.
  2. If you'd read the thread, you'd know that folk aren't moaning about the flying. That's only really been bought up by people saying 'YO BRO, FLYING'S NOT A SPOILER'. People feel that more has been spoiled.

It's really not nice to come into a courteous thread and just through out a call that people are idiots. As I've said before, this was a simple note to people who are sensitive to spoilers in a game that people have been looking forward to for a long time. There was no intention of slating the Bomb crew or rubbishing the podcast. Just a suggestion to skip the first 20 minutes if you're early on in Fez. Chill out.

If you would actually listen to last weeks bombcast Jeff literally says "In fact you eventually get something that makes all the platforming pointless" then goes on to say over and over about how easy it becomes to get the other cubes.
I haven't played or even seen a screen shot from this game and I could use common sense and know it was flying, use some common sense dude.
Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Rafaelfc

People are waaaay too uptight about spoilers... geez.

if you think a 12 to 20 hours long interactive experience can be ruined by a sentence then clearly the problem is you...

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By bibamatt

@Xeirus: I remember hearing that exactly and thinking 'yeah, that could be flying... or it could be fast travel! Or a double jump...'.

Congratulations on working it out, though. You can't get anything past you!

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By bibamatt

@Rafaelfc said:

if you think a 12 to 20 hours long interactive experience can be ruined by a sentence then clearly the problem is you...

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick... No-one's said that the game has been ruined or that 'a sentence' has spoiled it for them. Just a warning that there's about 20 minutes in this week's Bombcast that reveals things that you might want to skip if you're early on in Fez. That's all, no big deal.

Jesus, I'm gonna say this again. How come you start a thread to give a minor spoiler warning to the community and then get lynched by people going OMG YOU GUYS ARE OVER-REACTING and YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM and SOME PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

They should only talk about last generations games. Problem solved.

Actually, I've only just started Ico... DEATH TO THE BOMBCAST!

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TentPole

@bibamatt said:

@Rafaelfc said:

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick... No-one's said that the game has been ruined or that 'a sentence' has spoiled it for them. Just a warning that there's about 20 minutes in this week's Bombcast that reveals things that you might want to skip if you're early on in Fez. That's all, no big deal.

Jesus, I'm gonna say this again. How come you start a thread to give a minor spoiler warning to the community and then get lynched by people going OMG YOU GUYS ARE OVER-REACTING and YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM and SOME PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Just another angry day on the Giant Bomb.