Just want to say, in regard to the podcast.

• 69 results
smokingdeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really ,really was one of the best ones I've ever listened to, all things considered. Didn't real go how I thought it would, but it turned out better than I ever thought it would. I laughed, cried, laughed through the tears, it was wonderful, and in all honesty, the closure I needed, and I'm sure for many aswell.

I look forward to next weeks, and all the ones after, and have extreme faith in you guys being able to come outta this, guns blazing, making the best content of any website out there.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Immediately went back and listened to it again. Never have done that with a podcast before. Really powerful stuff. Funny too.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A big thanks to all the guys for going through with it, as I'm sure it was not an easy proposition.

smokingdeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't until the last few minutes that I really just let it all out, when Vinny was saying thanks in regard to ryan. That....that was rough.

Jugglerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Jugglerman

Indeed, that podcast was the closure I needed. It's like a virtual memorial, fantastic to hear about the stories about Ryan.

You human pack of shit. Ryan was truly unique.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

That podcast was fantastic. Absolutely.

I think it's the beginning of the way forward.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

fuck that ending...

That "we'll be back" meant so much. I was so worried. Damn you Ryan for being so awesome. -_-

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It was special, and I honestly feel like it's a HUGE part of the healing process that I'm glad they gave of themselves to give to us. I'm not sure I can ever listen to it again. I think I wanna maybe just start taking what I learned from his story and sprinkle a bit of that enthusiasm into my own life.

It's typically how I approach all deaths. I guess I sorta Megaman things I like about people and try to honor them by taking that upon myself. xD

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By masternater27

It was a special cathartic experience. Really glad the guys did it.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Truly a special gesture. No fucking way they owed that to us. Yet here we have this sincere, candid memorial. It was like being at a wake.

Thanks guys. Thanks.

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it, it was such a nice sharing of experiences, and memories.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny absolutely destroyed me at the end. Thanks to the guys for going through with it.

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After listening to the podcast and wiping a couple tears away I went to put on some music and saw my desktop wallpaper. It was a Dark Knight Rises poster and all of a sudden a photoshop idea hit me. To make it centered around giant bomb and have it be the centerpiece of this "moving forward" business. Idk maybe it's hitting me weird or maybe it's a great idea, just felt like I have to let that emotion out and my way is wanting to change a batman poster.

NemeanOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By NemeanOtter

The podcast was something I needed. It was a good diverse mixture of emotions, but I definitely lost it at the end.

Ezkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just found out from the podcast...

I don't visit the site as offend as i use too (or should), but i still listen to the podcast every week at work.

now i'm stuck in work trying to make sense of the news

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Niceanims

Man. That podcast.

The way they talk about him, it's... just....

It was closure for me. Kind of. I'm still down, but... it helped. Definitely helped. Better than I could have possibly imagined. The whole thing was bittersweet. I haven't laughed that hard at a bombcast in a very long time, hell, I haven't laughed that hard at anything in a very long time. I haven't cried at one until now. Thank you Ryan. You were an inspiration to so many thousands of people, you will be sorely missed.

And to the rest of the Giant Bomb crew: Ryan's death was a hard dose of reality for me. I can't even begin to imagine the smallest iota what it must be like for you. It may not be much, but I'm proud of all of you for doing this, making the ultimate 21 gun sendoff for him, and I'm sure, wherever he is, that he's proud of all of you too. Ryan may have passed, but, in my mind, he's never truly gone. He will forever live in your hearts and our, the community's, hearts.

You said you'll be back. We'll be waiting. For you, and for Ryan.

Rest In Peace.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@negativecero said:

Vinny absolutely destroyed me at the end. Thanks to the guys for going through with it.

It was the same for me. Hearing his voice break brought tears to my eyes. The most heartbreaking part of all of this for me is not knowing if/how these guys will get over it.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That podcast was fantastic. Absolutely.

I think it's the beginning of the way forward.

This really.

smokingdeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezkilla said:

I just found out from the podcast...

I don't visit the site as offend as i use too (or should), but i still listen to the podcast every week at work.

now i'm stuck in work trying to make sense of the news

Are you saying that you didn't even hear about it til you heard the podcast, or heard about it from the site before you listened to the podcast?

Because if the first time you heard about his passing was from the podcast....and with that beginning....then I'm really, really sorry. Know that everybody on here is here for you, with hundreds of threads to help with the coping process.

Stay up, man.

Caserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@negativecero said:

It was the same for me. Hearing his voice break brought tears to my eyes. The most heartbreaking part of all of this for me is not knowing if/how these guys will get over it.

Same hear, I would love for Vinny to take the lead for the podcasts going forward.

smokingdeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caserno said:

@wemibelec90 said:

@negativecero said:

Same hear, I would love for Vinny to take the lead for the podcasts going forward.

I was thinking the same thing at the beginning. Maybe it was how he opened, or just the way he talked, but I thought to myself that I would be perfectly happy with him, or Jeff, taking the lead.

Well, Ill be perfectly happy no-matter what, but you know :p

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I still have tears running down my face. So, so powerful.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recording it must have been a tough decision and a much tougher task, but I'm so glad they did it. And, yeah, that close was brutal - completely heartbreaking.

smokingdeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recording it must have been a tough decision and a much tougher task, but I'm so glad they did it. And, yeah, that close was brutal - completely heartbreaking.

I think just him trying to put into words that Ryan is going to impact Vinny's childs life,aswell as Vinny, just made the levee break.

Didn't cry all the way through it, up until that point, and then I just broke down for a good 20 minutes in my bathroom.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny at the end of the podcast finally did it for me. Was out walking my dog, and hearing Vinny tearing up saying "Thanks Ryan...", tears were running down my face (thank god for sunglasses:)). Great, great podcast.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Very touching Bombcast. Can't imagine how hard it was for them to keep it together throughout that, I think I'd been a wreck from the very beginning. Some lovely words and memories said, and I'm happy Jeff and the crew are going to take a while before even considering the website again, seems the right thing to do. Vinny at the end, man that hit home real hard.

Happy to they will be doing a shirt in memory of Ryan, it will be an honor to wear that shirt. Ryan Davis should forever be a presence on Giant Bomb, I liked Alexis idea about the color changes, sort of want him to do that now :)

smokingdeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very touching Bombcast. Can't imagine how hard it was for them to keep it together throughout that, I think I'd been a wreck from the very beginning. Some lovely words and memories said, and I'm happy Jeff and the crew are going to take a while before even considering the website again, seems the right thing to do. Vinny at the end, man that hit home real hard.

Happy to they will be doing a shirt in memory of Ryan, it will be an honor to wear that shirt. Ryan Davis should forever be a presence on Giant Bomb, I liked Alexis idea about the color changes, sort of want him to do that now :)

I agree, the idea of a shirt is friggin' awesome! Is definitely 2nd on my list of things to do on this site, right after getting my money situation in order to upgrade to premium :)

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah. Usually when Vinny breaks me, I end up with the other kind of tears. These ones are really hard to take.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got hard to listen to at points, but it was incredible. I extend my eternal appreciation to the entire crew, and Ryan, again. Forever.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff and Ryan, breaking shit.

I'm glad they did the show - it was the right move at the right time. I expect the site will continue, and each member of the team will come back and contribute at their own pace. If I had to guess, it might make sense to see some Bombasticas. I'm certainly going to check back every day until the apocalypse.

This site is weirdly important to a lot of people for reasons that at once utterly dumb and more genuine than most things in life. It's very humbling to read the beautiful things people have written, and it will stick with me the rest of my life. Long live Giantbomb. Even if Brad can't review shit for shit.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TruthTellah

I am psyched to see the shirt, no matter how dumb it is. ha. This might just be my first Giant Bomb-related apparel, and whether I can only wear it in my home or it's alright for on the street, I will wear it with pride in remembrance of him.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm so sad and happy and incredibly proud of everyone

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was awesome they did it cause now it feels like we can heal up and come back stronger then ever. Once that t-shirt is finalised. Il be buying 3 of them.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing that you held it together to do this podcast, but a great help for us and hopefully for you too.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea it was great, think i got about 3 hours of sleep as i had to hear it last night but it was worth it. Im sure its not easy for yea, thanks for this guys.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a fantastic podcast! Thankyou Giantbomb crew for sharing all your fond memories! I could not think of a better way to celebrate Ryan's life!

Row

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the podcast. I listened from start to end with no breaks which is something I've never done before. The podcast has started to help me with the beginning of acceptance and closure.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

It's gonna be really hard listening to a podcast without his presence. It's gonna take a while...

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, it was one of the best podcasts yet, and not for the reasons that they're usually good. This was the first one that I simply put on, sat down, and listened to, uninterrupted for the entire length of the episode, while doing nothing else. Normally I'll drive, or play stuff, or browse the Internet while I listen, but this time? Nothing.

Nabbemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never written a single comment on here, as I've never felt the need to do so... but I'd just like to drop in and say thanks. I don't think that you guys could have handled this any better than you did, and I have the utmost respect for you, not just for the way you've handled this horrible situation, but for the hours of entertainment you've given me. Through the time I've spent watching and listening... well, it's been said so many times by so many people at this point... but it does feel like I've gotten to know you guys in some weird way, and it did hit me way harder than I thought it would have when I read the news. Can't even try to imagine how much of a wreck I'd be if I lost someone so close to me ... it's just... awful.

So. Yeah. I wish you the best. And. Thank you.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This podcast was exactly what I wanted - I just wanted to hear familiar voices all remenisce and remember someone collectively.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"He was so happy to see me. He slapped me in the face and sent my sun glasses behind the bar!"

I enjoyed the stories of Ryan's physical abuse to people.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tears at the beginning with the intro, tears in the middle with Drew, tears at the end.

Amazing stories about an amazing man.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah, it was one of the best podcasts yet, and not for the reasons that they're usually good. This was the first one that I simply put on, sat down, and listened to, uninterrupted for the entire length of the episode, while doing nothing else. Normally I'll drive, or play stuff, or browse the Internet while I listen, but this time? Nothing.

Me too. I had to just lie down and listen to it all in one go.

And hearing how Brad seemed to take it real hard really affected me. The happy stories they had to tell were fantastic though.

rittsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, the internet's a really crappy place. But the people in the giantbomb community are the most human collection of 1s and 0s I've ever been able to find. This podcast really made me appreciate the website and how much of a small but constant part of peoples lives it has been. I'll miss Ryan, but at least I wont miss him alone.

Giantbomb loves Ryan Davis.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This was the celebration that the man deserved. This podcast was healing.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if all this stuff is getting buried because of how many threads there are right now, but thanks so much to the Bomb crew for that podcast. It's been an awful, numb couple of days but this is still and will continue to be the best website in the world. I'll look forward to when they start making content again, whenever that may be.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Really touching podcast.

Avatar image for lotusflowerbomb
LotusFlowerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long live Giantbomb!

The sprit of Ryan Davis will forever be entrenched in this legendary pioneer in gaming journalism.

Giantbomb will continue to advance, and I hope that it becomes even more and more successful in the decades to come. That would be the greatest way to honor Ryan's legacy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

The podcast was definitely something that helped the closure process. It's still going to be a while before I can accept it as truth. I'm just glad to hear those guys' voices in the way they know how to present them: as a sit-down group of friends dealing with a shitty situation. I got off work last night, went to the apartment, put a virtual fire GIF on my computer, turned out the lights, grabbed a brew, put on Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" lightly in the background, and hit Play on the podcast. Goddamn if it wasn't fucking awesome all around.

Thank you, Bomb Crew. Your strength and solidarity is the kind of thing legends are written about.