good lord. God have mercy on us all.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#156  Edited By jakob187

As long as she could understand that there are other people on the podcast besides her, then I'm sure it would be a great podcast.  Whether people like it or not, she's got a lot of great points to make about the industry.

Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By Okari

On the ustream ride home, Ryan said she would probably be on the podcast, but to not worry because she's very aware of how bad she was last time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ez123 said:
" Carrie Gouskos and Paul Barnett - YES!  "
I demand Paul Barnett please. The best bomb cast there ever was, so far. 
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#159  Edited By Dany

Of course she needs to be one so those disgruntle assholes from last year can eat their words.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I didn't have a problem with her, so I wouldn't mind if she made another appearance on the Bombcast.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#161  Edited By apathylad
@Okari said:
" On the ustream ride home, Ryan said she would probably be on the podcast, but to not worry because she's very aware of how bad she was last time. "
Sigh...Anyway, can you link or name which video it was?
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#162  Edited By Bones8677

I wouldn't mind Leigh coming back to the podcast. She's made it clear that she learned her lesson. What I would like though, is to have the guys from Joystiq on the podcast. Will Chris or Justin be at E3?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By mutha3

No.

EDIT:Huh. Apparently I already posted in this thread.

Well, it bears repeating.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#164  Edited By buzz_killington

NONONONONONONONONONONONO. Please no. And  @Guyzea said:

" Would much rather fight 8 Deadly Premonition wall crawler ladies in a row with the handgun than listen to her. "
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Okari
@Apathylad said:
" @Okari said:
" On the ustream ride home, Ryan said she would probably be on the podcast, but to not worry because she's very aware of how bad she was last time. "
Sigh...Anyway, can you link or name which video it was? "

It was last night, which doesn't seemed to be archived.

@Bones8677:
Ludwig is going to be there, so I would assume Chris and Justin will be as well.
Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#166  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
@Steve_C said:
" @Claude said:
" I listened to that Bombcast. I found nothing wrong with it, except for the community's reaction. "
Couldn't have said it better. "
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#167  Edited By Griddler

Ehh I'm not totally against it, not gonna lie, I could barely listen to it because of her... But, she did say she was drunk or something so, sure, give her another shot.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By NathHaw
@girdz said:
" so, sure, give her another shot. "
Precisely what you don't want to do.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By TheKidNixon

I foresee this going poorly. While I disagreed with some of the things she said, and thought that her constantly interrupting to be obnoxious, the reaction to the podcast was probably the single lowest point for the GB community. Disagreeing with her or criticizing her monopolizing the conversation for Kojima gushing is one thing; saying half the ultra-misogynist things that people posted honestly made me have to step away from the forums for a long, long time. 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By mutha3
@TheKidNixon said:
" I foresee this going poorly. While I disagreed with some of the things she said, and thought that her constantly interrupting to be obnoxious, the reaction to the podcast was probably the single lowest point for the GB community. Disagreeing with her or criticizing her monopolizing the conversation for Kojima gushing is one thing; saying half the ultra-misogynist things that people posted honestly made me have to step away from the forums for a long, long time.  "
Well, its the internet, what did ya expect?

To be fair: the white knights on the other side are pretty sad as well.
InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I actually never listened to the Bombcast she was on and based on what everyone said about it, I don't think I ever want to. So no thank you.

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#172  Edited By evildeadron

no thanks, i would rather listen to an audiobook narrated by Fran Drescher (both would be like a knife being stabbed into my ears) but Fran Drescher isn't an annoying overbearing japanophile
Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laughing at your reactions bombers, it's what happens when she gets tipsy, and you assumed that she was always like that? 

Her knowledge on the industry is just. If she's on the podcast, all credit to her.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By mutha3
@RhombusOfTerror said:
" laughing at your reactions bombers, it's what happens when she gets tipsy, and you assumed that she was always like that?  Her knowledge on the industry is just. If she's on the podcast, all credit to her. "

....yeah. People getting drunk does not change their opinion, it merely changes the way they say it. Actually, seeing how they lose their inhibitions, people are at their most honest when their drunk.

What she said was nonsensical garbage.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#175  Edited By mikemcn

Please don't

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutha3 said:
" @RhombusOfTerror said:
" laughing at your reactions bombers, it's what happens when she gets tipsy, and you assumed that she was always like that?  Her knowledge on the industry is just. If she's on the podcast, all credit to her. "
....yeah. People getting drunk does not change their opinion, it merely changes the way they say it. Actually, seeing how they lose their inhibitions, people are at their most honest when their drunk. What she said was nonsensical garbage. "
No man, you just don't get it like she does. I don't get it either, but she does. She's the only one that has ever thought about it like that.
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By TomA
@Godlovesugly said:
" @OllyOxenFree:  She is my fair maiden.
 @luce:  Their uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss "
Their uniforms were designed by I don't fucking care cause Leigh Alexander sucks.
evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#178  Edited By evildeadron

I'll give Leigh Alexander one thing, that bitch can go chin to chin with Jay Leno

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I'm simply astonished.  

"Learned her lesson?" What lesson? She was a guest host on a free podcast revolving around a free media outlet (website) that is Giant Bomb and that she was invited by one of the main reviewers and members of the outlet itself.  Where the fuck did this self-entitlement come from that means all people on the Bombcast must be endearing to you, and only you few? I'm not saying this because I liked her, hell no she was a mic hog, but responding in this way is a sign of social ineptitude and, I think, a desensitization of actual people. Are you people aware this is something that you chose to consume? Something that you could just hit "Stop" and never go back to? Commenting on it does nothing but breed stupidity and puerile comments. 

I didn't think she was an issue, sure she was loud and talked a lot, but you guys/gals complaining have obviously never been drunk. You talk bullshit for hours because of it, and it was sort of the guys' fault for allowing a drunk woman (not to sound sexist, but a lot of women can talk and talk and talk when they're drunk) on the podcast, and talking MGS4. I'm just surprised that nearly half, or more based on eyeballin' it, of this thread has such a massive chip on their shoulder about the podcast.  

Whatever, if she's sober this year, and even if she's drunk you can count me in for consuming more GB content, and learning more about E3 through the podcasts.  

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese
@SirOptimusPrime said:

" I'm simply astonished.  

"Learned her lesson?" What lesson? She was a guest host on a free podcast revolving around a free media outlet (website) that is Giant Bomb and that she was invited by one of the main reviewers and members of the outlet itself.  Where the fuck did this self-entitlement come from that means all people on the Bombcast must be endearing to you, and only you few?"  

This. 

Honestly, I could not begin fathom the outrage by this community when that podcast went out. She realized what she was doing wrong and openly apologized for it afterwards. When she isn't all liquored up, she's a competent and compassionate journalist. She writes great material on her blog and as news director for Gamasutra. I would happily welcome Leigh back to the Bombcast. She's got more intelligent and insightful things to say than half the users of this forum who can't seem to muster anything past "fuck that bitch lol!"

Some of you seem to be forgetting that she is a person with actual feelings who admitted she was wrong. It's time for this community to move on and grow the fuck up.
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By masternater27

I don't get what the big deal about her is. 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#182  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@masternater27 said:
" I don't get what the big deal about her is.  "
She got drunk and talked about Nazi's being super cool. Also she constantly interrupted.
SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By SlasherMan
@ThePhantomnaut said:

" @masternater27 said:

She got drunk and talked about Nazi's being super cool. Also she constantly interrupted. "
She didn't say Nazis were cool, she said their style was cool (as in look, clothing, uniforms, etc).

To answer the OP, though, no I wouldn't want to have her again on the podcast. She tends to hog the whole conversation as if it's the Leigh Alexander show. That poor GRIN dude barely got to a say word because of her. And her voice was like a drill in my head... maybe slightly worse. I can't believe I actually listened to the whole thing.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#184  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@SlasherMan said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:

" @masternater27 said:

She got drunk and talked about Nazi's being super cool. Also she constantly interrupted. "
She didn't say Nazis were cool, she said their style was cool (as in look, clothing, uniforms, etc).  To answer the OP, though, no I wouldn't want to have her again on the podcast. She tends to hog the whole conversation as if it's the Leigh Alexander show. That poor GRIN dude barely got to a say word because of her. And her voice was like a drill in my head... maybe slightly worse. I can't believe I actually listened to the whole thing. "
Whatever.
peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By peteycoco

I liked having her on the podcast. She was funny and brought up good points. So what if she hogged the podcast?

havoc414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By havoc414
@evildeadron said:
"annoying overbearing japanophile "

sums her up perfectly.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@havoc414 said:
" @evildeadron said:
sums her up perfectly. "
Sums up a lot of the users on this site actually.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#189  Edited By Atlas

Leigh was entertaining and fairly insightful, and since her Bombcast appearance I've become a big fan of her articles. She deserves a second chance, seeing as how she seems to have not made a good first impression on the Giant Bomb community. I'd be glad to see her on an E3 podcast again.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By ChickenPants

I'd love to have her on again if only to piss off the idiots on this site.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#191  Edited By Lautaro
@havoc414 said:
" @evildeadron said:
sums her up perfectly. "
Wait preferring Japanese games makes you a Japanophile? Because in that aspect what I remember her saying was that she preferred Japanese game design (Old RE over new RE for example), is that the criteria for being considered a Japanophile? 
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#192  Edited By asurastrike

There was a crazy drunk scottish guy on 1UP Yours back when it existed. He was worse than her.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Lautaro said:
" @havoc414 said:
" @evildeadron said:
sums her up perfectly. "
Wait preferring Japanese games makes you a Japanophile? Because in that aspect what I remember her saying was that she preferred Japanese game design (Old RE over new RE for example), is that the criteria for being considered a Japanophile?  "
Yes.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Jadeskye

Christ no.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#195  Edited By rjayb89
@rjayb89 said:
" Jesus Christ, this thread lasted longer than it should have. "
STFU
havoc414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By havoc414
@Lautaro said:
" @havoc414 said:
" @evildeadron said:
sums her up perfectly. "
Wait preferring Japanese games makes you a Japanophile? Because in that aspect what I remember her saying was that she preferred Japanese game design (Old RE over new RE for example), is that the criteria for being considered a Japanophile?  "

i haven't lisntened to her Bombcast in a year but i do remember her shitting on all that wasn't Japanese. not just game design.  she talked about initially hating X Box because the simple fact that it wasn't Japanese meant it must be for bro's. she brought up numerous times how she never fit in because of what an "anime nerd" she was. maybe she's not the quintessential japanophile but if you listen to that podcast again (and please don't, as i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, including you) and don't come away thinking she's somewhat of a japanophile, you're kidding yourself.  either way, i wouldn't have cared if she's annoying or a japanophile if it hadn't been for how pretentious she came off throughout the entire podcast.
delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#197  Edited By delta_ass

She was pretty awful. DO NOT WANT.

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#198  Edited By roborobb

I'd rather have hitler himself on the bombcast than her again. Rude! 

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By AuthenticM

Man, a lot of you people need to shut up and get real. Was she annoying? A little, but most certainly not as much as the lot of you fools. Everything she said was extremely interesting. It got me to visit her blog regularly and read her thoughts on games and journalism, which is fascinating. I want her on the bombcast again; I am sure she has learned her lesson.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By blair
@AuthenticM said:
" Man, a lot of you people need to shut up and get real. Was she annoying? A little, but most certainly not as much as the lot of you fools. Everything she said was extremely interesting. It got me to visit her blog regularly and read her thoughts on games and journalism, which is fascinating. I want her on the bombcast again; I am sure she has learned her lesson. "
Opinions; not everyone agrees.