" She was pretty awful. DO NOT WANT. "
Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#202  Edited By Blubba

I really don't think she was bad like the rest of you guys. Plus, this was ONE bombcast she has appeared on. Personally, I didn't think that Will & Norm were that great on the bombcast they appeared on but I'm willing to give them another go-around before I make final judgements.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#203  Edited By Hamz

She got drunk, made a tit of herself and then apologised about it the next day.

What more does she need to do in order to get the message across that she is sorry about what happened? Come on people, be reasonable.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#204  Edited By grilledcheez

Was that the annoying bitch that didn't shut up?  If so, no way should she be anywhere near the bombcast.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By mikemcn

Bitch is crazy.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#206  Edited By tebbit

YES! On proposition 24.

Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#207  Edited By Majkiboy

give her another chance, moar girlz!

nickystixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#208  Edited By nickystixx

bring her back. im all for it she was cool. i liked her.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Ramyun

There were times when she was real crazy and a bit dominating of the podcast, but I didn't find her offensive or anything and there were times where I did enjoy her commentary. I wouldn't mind her giving it another spin.....just without the alcohol.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't think any of the bombcast crew would actually want her back on... she seemed to get on everyone's nerves except brad's

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#211  Edited By Pibo47
@Jeffsekai said:
" NO, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO "
This. Shes an annoying bitch.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

How classy Giant Bomb, calling a girl you don't know, beside listening to a podcast, a bitch.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I want her back. She is a part of Giant Bomb history.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#214  Edited By artofwar420

Yes, I want her. In the podcast.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#215  Edited By Tuggah

I would like her back. Partly because, without booze, she seems interesting, and partly because people are so pissed off at the chance of her being on a bombcast.

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#216  Edited By Deathawk

I'd be all for it, but most likely it won't happen...
Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#217  Edited By Jedted

I didn't agree with everything she said last time she was on but i liked her and wouldn't mind if the guys invited her back for another round. 

I think the people that say "HELL NO!" to her being on the bombcast need to grow the fuck up and give her another chance.   The fact that we're even talking about the possibility of her being on is sad. 
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Burns098356GX

Who?

tmek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By tmek
@Godlovesugly said:
" I thought she was interesting. So what if she was drunk and you found it annoying that's what all women are like when they're drunk. ; ) I liked her, I even sent her an email of support and apologising for some of the arseholes on the interwebs. "
so your watching a streamcast coverage about a once in a year event your really interested in hosted by people you respect and find entertaining and some guy comes on there drunk and monopolizes the whole conversation.  

I'm pretty sure if this had been a guy who acted like she did you probably wouldn't be defending him.  Just because you 'like' her and found her rudeness and rambling amusing doesn't make us 'arseholes' for being disappointed that she ruined the bombcast.
EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#220  Edited By EvilNiGHTS
@tmek: The problem being that there were four podcasts that week and the general sentiment on here is that by "ruining" one of them she may as well have burned your house down.  

I've probably said this before but there's a large contingent of GB users who inexplicably seem to view the four core writers as if they're rockstars and thus are constantly on the tip. It's more annoying than anything that's happened on the podcast, definitely.  
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#221  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Just tried to watch the video. That woman is unbearable. Only made it 20 minutes in.

Shame, as the other guys seemed cool.

tmek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By tmek

I mean there are multiple games of the world series right?  who cares if someone comes along and prevents the fans from seeing coverage of the last game?  What's the big deal with that?  

Save your breath about that not being a good comparison.  We're passionate fans of the GB crew, E3 and video games.  I don't give a shit about baseball, but many of us were looking forward to good, entertaining E3 wrap-up coverage from the GB crew and guests.  There's nothing unreasonable about that.

Do you also defend people like....

The SUV driver that parks his truck in the middle of FOUR parking spots because he thinks he's more important or 'clever'.

Or the non-handicapped person that parks their car in the handicap spot, because they're just going in for a few things and it's no big deal.

Or the person who sees the "Construction Ahead - Merge Right" sign and passes the 40 or so civil people who have merged right, waiting their turn and forces his way in, again probably thinking himself to be clever and outwitting all those 'losers'.

Are these big deals?  Is the world going to end because people are like this?  No, but don't come defending that type of behavior it's ridiculously rude and obnoxious and civil people are perfectly in their right to be pissed about people that act like that.   There were thousands of viewers who came to watch this last E3 GiantBomb broadcast live event so what she did was easily worse than the examples above.

I'm not complaining about whether her voice is too loud or annoying as others have complained about.. maybe some people think she sounds like an angel.  But what made her behavior *irrefutably* rude, selfish and obnoxious was that she dominated 60-70%, maybe more of the show.  There were ten or so people on the show and she and gave almost no time to the others to speak.  She was taking advantage of the politeness of the others.   If she had talked her 10% of the time and let the others speak too I'm sure everyone would have loved having her there and wished her back in the future.

If you really want to get down to it I don't even blame her completely.. she's a female in an almost entirely male dominated industry/hobby and many of them have no idea how to act around women and place her on a pedestal and treat her like a unicorn.  Now I'm not so gullible to believe she doesn't know what's going on it's just she's been treated that way so long she thinks she can get away with it with a "tee hee hee!" and batting of her eyelashes.  And for the most part she can because there are always guys who will "come to her rescue!".  One day they will stop though because she's not 'cute' anymore, and I feel really bad for her when that happens.  

Her behavior last night was rude and selfish. If she were just speaking twice as much as she should have.. OK, that's bad, she's an attention addict but we could probably deal with it.. but when she completely dominates the air and derails the whole point of the event it went way over the line.

Let's not defend that kind of rude, anti-civil behavior.  If you are defending it, you're either blindly playing "white knight" just because she's a girl, you are a friend of her's and blindly defending her, or you behave selfishly yourself and think there's nothing wrong with it.

She really put a downer on a fairly big event many of us were looking forward to and I don't think we're acting unreasonably to complain about out her awful behavior and request that they please never have her on any live event again.

ArchV1le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By ArchV1le

A. Fucking. Men.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I think if you compare stealing handicap parking spots to being loud on a podcast, your priorities are dead wrong, son.

Just don't listen to it, all right?

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Lemoncookie01

My poor ears. D:

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Zabant
@tmek said:
"  I mean there are multiple games of the world series right?  who cares if someone comes along and prevents the fans from seeing coverage of the last game?  What's the big deal with that?  Save your breath about that not being a good comparison.  We're passionate fans of the GB crew, E3 and video games.  I don't give a shit about baseball, but many of us were looking forward to good, entertaining E3 wrap-up coverage from the GB crew and guests.  There's nothing unreasonable about that. Do you also defend people like.... The SUV driver that parks his truck in the middle of FOUR parking spots because he thinks he's more important or 'clever'. Or the non-handicapped person that parks their car in the handicap spot, because they're just going in for a few things and it's no big deal. Or the person who sees the "Construction Ahead - Merge Right" sign and passes the 40 or so civil people who have merged right, waiting their turn and forces his way in, again probably thinking himself to be clever and outwitting all those 'losers'. Are these big deals?  Is the world going to end because people are like this?  No, but don't come defending that type of behavior it's ridiculously rude and obnoxious and civil people are perfectly in their right to be pissed about people that act like that.   There were thousands of viewers who came to watch this last E3 GiantBomb broadcast live event so what she did was easily worse than the examples above. I'm not complaining about whether her voice is too loud or annoying as others have complained about.. maybe some people think she sounds like an angel.  But what made her behavior *irrefutably* rude, selfish and obnoxious was that she dominated 60-70%, maybe more of the show.  There were ten or so people on the show and she and gave almost no time to the others to speak.  She was taking advantage of the politeness of the others.   If she had talked her 10% of the time and let the others speak too I'm sure everyone would have loved having her there and wished her back in the future. If you really want to get down to it I don't even blame her completely.. she's a female in an almost entirely male dominated industry/hobby and many of them have no idea how to act around women and place her on a pedestal and treat her like a unicorn.  Now I'm not so gullible to believe she doesn't know what's going on it's just she's been treated that way so long she thinks she can get away with it with a "tee hee hee!" and batting of her eyelashes.  And for the most part she can because there are always guys who will "come to her rescue!".  One day they will stop though because she's not 'cute' anymore, and I feel really bad for her when that happens.   Her behavior last night was rude and selfish. If she were just speaking twice as much as she should have.. OK, that's bad, she's an attention addict but we could probably deal with it.. but when she completely dominates the air and derails the whole point of the event it went way over the line.Let's not defend that kind of rude, anti-civil behavior.  If you are defending it, you're either blindly playing "white knight" just because she's a girl, you are a friend of her's and blindly defending her, or you behave selfishly yourself and think there's nothing wrong with it.She really put a downer on a fairly big event many of us were looking forward to and I don't think we're acting unreasonably to complain about out her awful behavior and request that they please never have her on any live event again. "
The only person talking fucking sense in this place.

I come to giantbomb for giantbomb not for this.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#227  Edited By Vinchenzo

How the fuck did she make it on the Bombcast again this year? I'm 20 minutes in and can't stand her. 

• Her raspy voice.
  • Her inability to talk normally, and rather always sound as if she's yelling across the room.
  • Her stupid commentary.
  • Her constant obliteration of jokes. She takes everything too far and just keeps going and going. She kills anything remotely funny within seconds.

Fuck, she's so fucking annoying.
Zaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Zaph

If there is a god, GB will bring her back next year. This is just too hilarious to miss.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By blair
@Vinchenzo said:
" How the fuck did she make it on the Bombcast again this year? I'm 20 minutes in and can't stand her. 

• Her raspy voice.
  • Her inability to talk normally, and rather always sound as if she's yelling across the room.
  • Her stupid commentary.
  • Her constant obliteration of jokes. She takes everything too far and just keeps going and going. She kills anything remotely funny within seconds.

Fuck, she's so fucking annoying.
"
It doesn't get better until like 2:08:00.00 when she leaves!  It's disgusting.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#230  Edited By trophyhunter
@Guyzea said:
" Would much rather fight 8 Deadly Premonition wall crawler ladies in a row with the handgun than listen to her. "
that and with a broken controller.
I was waiting all year to hear new Paul Barnett stories and she talked over him the whole fucking time.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#231  Edited By Claude
@Zaph said:
" If there is a god, GB will bring her back next year. This is just too hilarious to miss. "
I thought it was great too. The live feed was so much fun. Hell, they all were drunk and cars kept beeping in the background with LA winning the NBA Championship. You can't make that shit up.
Zaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Zaph
@Claude said:
" @Zaph said:
" If there is a god, GB will bring her back next year. This is just too hilarious to miss. "
I thought it was great too. The live feed was so much fun. Hell, they all were drunk and cars kept beeping in the background with LA winning the NBA Championship. You can't make that shit up. "
Don't forget the ghetto birds. <>
Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't want to hear her voice, but she was looking pretty good last night <I'd do her>

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hm. After listening to a good portion of the podcast, I'll admit that she is a bit abrasive. But not unusually so. 

She does seem intent on making it hard for Ryan to keep the conversation productive.

Andris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Andris

Ok, so here's the dilemma, she derailed the show, but there were some truly epic funny moments like these: 

So I say, bring her back next year :DD
captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By captainfish

Leigh is like Ryan's Everest. She puts his hosting ability to the test, allowing him to become even better in subsequent casts. It's like training in 100x gravity for podcast hosts. I wouldn't mind having her on a separate cast than Paul Barnett though. I really like hearing his opinions, and she kinda makes it impossible for him to settle in and tell a good story.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I dont get all the hate for her. Yes, her mic was too loud (or she spoke to loud). Yes, she isn't that funny. But the only annoying thing is that she kept trying to get the attention, and can you blame her? Not to sound sexist but shes a woman surrounded by guys. She will want the attention. I don't blame her. i don't like her, I think the podcast would have been better without her, but you guys shouldn't attack her ffs! Calling her a bitch or dropping the c bomb is totally unwarranted, and grounds for punishment, imo.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Mrskidders

Well I really enjoyed it.  It was fun and a good way to finish E3.  Better than all the moaning internet fucks going on about system wars and how shitty 3D and motion control is that I have heard for the past week.

@tmek: You are a joke

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@CaptainFish said:
" Leigh is like Ryan's Everest. She puts his hosting ability to the test, allowing him to become even better in subsequent casts. It's like training in 100x gravity for podcast hosts. "
Nice analogy.
Avatar image for internetdetective
InternetDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

give her more purple drank.

quote this if you are down

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@arab_prince: So because she's a girl surrounded by guys she deserves special treatment?
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@FluxWaveZ: nope im not saying that at all. I'm saying, with women in particular, they like attention. Given the situation i dont blame her for wanting attention. I'm not saying she deserves it im just saying thats the type of person she is. that doesnt make her a bitch though. I know plenty of people that feed off attention and need it like its fucking oxygen, but they have close friends. So clearly, some people can stand that type of behaviour. Its just a personality trait, which imo, doesn't warrant harassment.
captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By captainfish
@arab_prince said:

" I dont get all the hate for her. Yes, her mic was too loud (or she spoke to loud). Yes, she isn't that funny. But the only annoying thing is that she kept trying to get the attention, and can you blame her? Not to sound sexist but shes a woman surrounded by guys. She will want the attention. I don't blame her. i don't like her, I think the podcast would have been better without her, but you guys shouldn't attack her ffs! Calling her a bitch or dropping the c bomb is totally unwarranted, and grounds for punishment, imo. "

" @FluxWaveZ: nope im not saying that at all. I'm saying, with women in particular, they like attention. Given the situation i dont blame her for wanting attention. I'm not saying she deserves it im just saying thats the type of person she is. that doesnt make her a bitch though. I know plenty of people that feed off attention and need it like its fucking oxygen, but they have close friends. So clearly, some people can stand that type of behaviour. Its just a personality trait, which imo, doesn't warrant harassment. "

Wow, this is more sexist than the detractors, are you sure you're on her side? You literally just said that she can't control herself in that situation because she's a woman. On top of that, according to you, people who feel the need to call her names deserve punishment? Judging you based on this you're a sexist a-hole and I think you're wrong, but that doesn't mean anyone can dictate what you get to say, or punish you for it. It's called free speech.
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#244  Edited By Lunar_Aura
@Ace829 said:
"I'm going to be non-conformist to this thread and say that we should clone her, then get both her and her clone drunk, and then have her and her clone have a conversation over the whole bombcast. "

That's some hadron collider shit. Too bad we'll never see that happen since that technology probably costs, well, I think we all know by now how much.
zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By zonerover

I haven't read all of this thread because frankly after reading some of the posts (scrolling from page 1 to 3, 5, 7 etc.), I think this thread is getting out of hand.  I know that her contribution to the podcast is somehow polarising opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Here's mine:

Leigh Alexander in my opinion WAS FINE. Sure she was drunk, but so was everyone else. Sure she was a big part of the podcast considering how many guests there were, but I don't believe has anything to do with alcohol. That's just part of her personality, she likes to voice her opinion and I think this shows that a Bombcast/podcast with her on would work better with fewer people so that she can contribute a more even amount with the other hosts/guests.

If you don't like her style for whatever reason, there's nothing wrong with that. You do have the choice of tuning out. However, attacking her based on her gender (not naming anyone here, I'll leave that for individuals to decide for themselves) or by taking out-of-context quotes is probably not a wise thing to do. 

Personally I think its great they got some gender balance by getting her on and I'll be happy to hear her on the Bombcast again.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zonerover:
She is the one playing the gender card though... I can honestly say that no matter what gender, age, color, nationality etc.. if you're an obnoxious person (which she clearly was on the two occasions I've seen her) then you don't deserve any kind of sympathy!
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By gearhead
@zonerover said:
" I haven't read all of this thread because frankly after reading some of the posts (scrolling from page 1 to 3, 5, 7 etc.), I think this thread is getting out of hand.  I know that her contribution to the podcast is somehow polarising opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Here's mine: Leigh Alexander in my opinion WAS FINE. Sure she was drunk, but so was everyone else. Sure she was a big part of the podcast considering how many guests there were, but I don't believe has anything to do with alcohol. That's just part of her personality, she likes to voice her opinion and I think this shows that a Bombcast/podcast with her on would work better with fewer people so that she can contribute a more even amount with the other hosts/guests.  If you don't like her style for whatever reason, there's nothing wrong with that. You do have the choice of tuning out. However, attacking her based on her gender (not naming anyone here, I'll leave that for individuals to decide for themselves) or by taking out-of-context quotes is probably not a wise thing to do.    Personally I think its great they got some gender balance by getting her on and I'll be happy to hear her on the Bombcast again. "
Calling her names like the c-word is childish, but she gets so fucking drunk that she takes over the conversation. A podcast is about hearing multiple opinouns and instead I just hear about ten seconds of someone else's before she interupts them with hers. I'm fine with a good old derailment, going onto a complete off topic discussion, but for fuck sakes, just let someone else speak. And for the whole "Gender Balance," I'm fine with a woman being on the podcast, Carrie Gusko's is awesome, and she would not interrupt everybody and ruin the podcast.
Also, the 'Fuck Boston' thing was annoying, especially after the tough loss. Being a devoted Boston fan, I in turn get to say: No thank you. (I have class)
dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By dfsvegas

Does she have tourettes or something? I mean, honestly, she'd be an ok guest if she wasn't constantly yelling incoherent shit. Give that girl some goddamn Drank, or just don't bring her on.

YANKEESYANKEESYANKEES! Apparently...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By LiquidPrince

Greatest thing that happened that night - X Stream. I wonder who knows what I'm talking about.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By cap123

I'm 39 minutes in. I don't want her to be on ever again, she's a bit too loud and interupts everyone.

FUCK BOSTON