@Titl:  Awesome!
James89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By James89

I think communisim could be used as front for slavery (or vis-versa) since both include working for no pay.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#103  Edited By I_smell

The statue of liberty is secretly a giant mech that only Lincoln 2099 has the key to activate.

Wait no, either a mech or a nuclear missile silo.

hodgins313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By hodgins313

The C in F.O.R.C.E. should stand for cunt and when ever any character says it in the game it should just be a soundbite of Vinny saying it on the bombcast.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Deusoma
@hodgins313: 
I'm shocked. When did Vinny drop the C-bomb on the podcast?
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By Ryax
@Mmmslash: and later john wilkes booth acquires a body thus leading to his ultimate purpose of bringing about lincolns demise?
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Red

I think John Wilkes Booth should be an emotional centerpiece of the game, with his eventual decision of whether to kill Lincoln or not changing depending on Lincoln's actions towards both him, and other people.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#108  Edited By thatfrood
@Red said:
" I think John Wilkes Booth should be an emotional centerpiece of the game, with his eventual decision of whether to kill Lincoln or not changing depending on Lincoln's actions towards both him, and other people. "
What are you talkin' about! This isn't Thinkin' Force!
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Red
@ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
" I think John Wilkes Booth should be an emotional centerpiece of the game, with his eventual decision of whether to kill Lincoln or not changing depending on Lincoln's actions towards both him, and other people. "
What are you talkin' about! This isn't Thinkin' Force! "
Who says it can't be? Lincoln is the greatest American who ever lived, and has helped millions with his patriotism, so why can't he help people also learn a little bit about themselves, and doing things the right way.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#110  Edited By thatfrood
@Red said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
Who says it can't be? Lincoln is the greatest American who ever lived, and has helped millions with his patriotism, so why can't he help people also learn a little bit about themselves, and doing things the right way. "
Jeff says it can't be. It was said on the GDC day 1 podcast.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Red
@ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
Who says it can't be? Lincoln is the greatest American who ever lived, and has helped millions with his patriotism, so why can't he help people also learn a little bit about themselves, and doing things the right way. "
Jeff says it can't be. It was said on the GDC day 1 podcast. "
But it was also said that the game needs to be serious, and intense.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Ryax
@Red said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
that sounds awful
Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By Darkstar614
@Deusoma said:

" @hodgins313:  I'm shocked. When did Vinny drop the C-bomb on the podcast? "

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Meltac

I fucking love this forum.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#115  Edited By LordAndrew
@Red said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
But it was also said that the game needs to be serious, and intense. "
It might work if we change John Wilkes Booth to a talking pie.
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By FlipperDesert

I would actually, genuinely play and enjoy a third-person action game with Abraham Lincoln as the protagonist.

And if you wouldn't? Get outta here!

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#117  Edited By gla55jAw
@I_smell said:
" The statue of liberty is secretly a giant mech that only Lincoln 2099 has the key to activate.  Wait no, either a mech or a nuclear missile silo. "
Dude, yes!
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've been loving the Lincoln Force joke in the Bombcast since Ryan first mentioned it and the Lincoln Force mock-ups in this thread are fantastic, excellent work.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#119  Edited By solidlife

Any chance of a European release?

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Tuggah

I think we are forgetting about the spin off kart racer game and the spin off fighting game. Not to mention we have heard talks of Paul W.S. Anderson making a movie based on the game.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#121  Edited By Computerplayer1

God bless this forum. 

His special attack obviously needs to be a rip off of Odd Job's hat throw. I mean cmon that hat is a BEAST.

Also, somebody needs to get on top of some Chuck Norris-esque facts for Abe's beard.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By CaptainObvious

How about a comic book tie in to the official Lincoln Force comic? And a crossover with Batman?  

Lincoln and Batman - Partners in justice.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#123  Edited By Ramyun
@Red said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @Red said:
But it was also said that the game needs to be serious, and intense. "
He said that it needs to be serious so it can be unintentionally hilarious and ridiculous instead of it trying too hard to be ridiculous.
Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Tuggah
@JDDrewes:
No Caption Provided

All good games have a driving sequence.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#125  Edited By damswedon

Don't forget the 2D side scrolling beat-em-up we release the month before we ship that acts as a Prequel to Lincoln FORCE.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126  Edited By nanikore
@damswedon said:
" Don't forget the 2D side scrolling beat-em-up we release the month before we ship that acts as a Prequel to Lincoln FORCE. "
Lincoln Force Zero?
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Lincoln eh? Impressive to the OP. I applaud you.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Computerplayer1 said:
"His special attack obviously needs to be a rip off of Odd Job's hat throw."

He does that to OPEN A CRACK IN THE TIME SPACE CONTINUUM!
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By RobotHamster

Man, this is a great forum right here.

Chardok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Chardok

HANDS ON PREVIEW - Lincoln F.O.R.C.E. 
By Chad Rock  03/13/10 

After Carbon Neutral's announcement of the forthcoming Lincoln F.O.R.C.E.; I will admit to being among the skeptical crowd, but after this hands-on experience, I have to say I'm at least EXTREMELY excited. You would think that a game about a time travelling, kung-fu fighting, brain-in-a-jar toting Abraham Lincoln would not work, especially with so many games presenting alternate history as the plot being the opposite of what you would call "good." (I'm looking at you, Darkest Of Days). But Lincoln Force's combination of sophisticated storytelling, satisfying gameplay, and polished voiceovers combine to form a potentially superlative 3rd person action game, even with this early-ish build.  Minor spoilers ahead!

The level we got to play is fairly early in the game, and featured the arrival of one Nikola Tesla (who is also a playable character for at least part of the game, apprently) from the year 2057 in a time machine originally constructed in the future by none other than Steven Hawking. The mission's goal is to find Honest Abe and recruit him into the Lincoln F.O.R.C.E. But there is one problem -  Tesla has no idea where the White House. So, after navigating the streets of Washington on foot while fighting off hordes of handlebar 'stache sporting street toughs with a portable Tesla coil, he arrives at the white house and steels himself for the inevitable confrontation.  

Lincoln, as luck would have it, notices the flashes from the street, and has come to the front of the White house to investigate. In a cutscene reminescent of Metal Gear Solid 4, Abe and Nikola banter back and forth, and after a few tense moments (Where the player must correctly navigate a long and complicated dialogue tree in order to avoid having to fight Abe) Abe will either attack or agree to accompany Tesla back to the time machine to begin the missions. Either way, Tesla will present Abe with a gift from the future - John Wilkes Boothe's head in a jar. I won't spoil anything more, except to say that the interactions between John Wilkes Boothe's brain (Voiced by Charlie Adler, who voiced Professor Monkey-for-a-head in the Earthworm Jim game) and Abe (Voiced by Nolan North, whose previous work includes a Dervish Kingpin in Everquest II), are nothing short of comedy genius.  

We were a little perplexed as to why a hands on demo would not feature the game's main protagonist, so we asked Carbon Neutral why they would send us this particular build, the answer we got? "Dude - if we showed you all of Linoln's sweet stovepipe hat attacks and awesome beard-finishers, it would completely ruin the game. They are completely awesome - trust us. Also - Look forward to a little something we're calling 'shirtless avenger mode'." 

Ignoring the fact that Lincoln does not feature prominently in this demo, The combat was nontheless a lot of fun. Who knew Nikola Tesla was a judo master? Most things in the environment are also destructible, flammable, or conductive (Or some combination of the three). The new Ultra-Dynamic Stiffler 4.5 engine developed in-house specifically for Lincoln F.O.R.C.E. features none of the ridiculous fade-in of the unreal engine, or the pop-in nonsense present in other engines, and the lightning effects are just awesome. I spent 30 minutes just figuring out different ways I could use my PTC to arc lightning through as many objects as possible in order to "Snipe" the street toughs from a distance.

That's kind of all I'm allowed to say about Lincoln F.O.R.C.E. for now - but look for more features in the future as details emerge. Set for release sometime in Q4 - Lincoln F.O.R.C.E. just may be the God Of War killer 360 owners have long sought.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#131  Edited By gla55jAw

Lincoln Force TACTICS: American Freedom Fighters:

After saving the world AGAIN from communism and their evil self-aware helicopters, Abe and his rag-tag crew of American Freedom Fighters from throughout history are once again teleported to a possible future where communism is ruling the world. Abe has been separated from the A.F.F. and must find them to devise a plan to defeat the evil that is communism in this future world.

Can Einstein make use of the technology available to destroy the helicopter factory? Will you find Buzz Aldrin in time before he runs off to punch communism in the face by himself? How will Abe deal with JWB's voice, who seemed to come back after traveling through the time device?

All this and more in Lincoln Force TACTICS: A.F.F.

Box art anyone?

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By damswedon

I made the head of the Abe Lincoln sprite for the Lincoln FORCE: Zero downloadable game.

No Caption Provided
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#133  Edited By jakob187
@Bubahula said:
" collectors edition comes with a hat? "
Dood, collector's edition comes with a hat...but the Hardened Legendary Snipefest Edition comes with a night vision hat with a hidden sword!!!
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By jakob187
@Titl said:
" So..i decided that i wanted to pitch in with something, to this awesome thing that is going on..so i threw something stupid together.  i made something. inspired by this Lincoln F.O.R.C.E idea..

"
SOMEONE PICK MY FUCKING JAW UP OFF THE FLOOR, PLEASE!!! 

RICH GALLUP!  CURT SCHILLING!  MAKE THIS SHIT HAPPEN!!!
TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By TheLastNeo

This thead is so so full of WIN... I cant stop laughing at all the crazy shit you guys keep posting up...   Great Job guys... too damn funny!

Martdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Martdawg

The Multiplayer is the real draw for me here

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Wildfire570
@Martdawg said:
" The Multiplayer is the real draw for me here "
Capture the Slave, the game mode is set during the Civil war and you have to catch a slave and either a Union or Confederate soldier return them into the free state base or the slave state base respectively.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By nrain

Voiced by Nolan North.

Chardok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Chardok
@nrain:
Read my hands-on. Nolan  North voicing Abe is confirmed! I couldn't be more excited!
TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By TheLastNeo

Here's my Small Contribution: 

LINCOLN FORCE THEME SONG!!! 

http://rapidshare.com/files/363045264/lincolnforce_themesong.mp3.html 

(its a small download , just about the length of the GB intro music)
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By RipTheVeins
@nanikore said:
" @damswedon said:
" Don't forget the 2D side scrolling beat-em-up we release the month before we ship that acts as a Prequel to Lincoln FORCE. "
Lincoln Force Zero? "
No, it should be called Lincoln S.O.U.R.C.E.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By nrain
@Chardok said:
" @nrain: Read my hands-on. Nolan  North voicing Abe is confirmed! I couldn't be more excited! "
Tottally, and Stephen Hawking's timemachine is powered by Super Conducting Inertial Electromagnetic Neutron Capacitor Energy. Y'know SCIENCE!! 
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Daveyo520

SO of course he is going to have an ax along with his hat as a main weapon. But halfway through you can unlock two hatchets on chains he can swing around.
TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By TheLastNeo
@Titl: Dude,, I just put together a "theme" song (perhaps you can recut your vid with it)   :) 

http://rapidshare.com/files/363045264/lincolnforce_themesong.mp3.html     

here's a mirror:  
http://www.mediafire.com/file/thzynztczyn/lincolnforce_themesong.mp3     
misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By misterpope

The final level should be Lincoln having to fight the moon, which is really A GIANT HELICOPTER IN SPACE!!!!! 

Plus, moral choice. 

Done. 5 stars.
Chardok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Chardok
@nrain:
Well, Ryan wanted it believable! Who in our generation could credibly create a time amachine but hawking?! Unless.....oh, God...What if Michio Kaku is the final boss......
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Coltonio7
@JJOR64 said:
" The best part of the game:

No Caption Provided
"

My picture is getting use! 

<33333 JJOR64
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By jakob187
@Ryax said:
" @mosdl: the villain is john wilkes booth bro "
But wait... 

If Abe Lincoln is voiced by Nolan North... 

...then that means that the second most popular voice actor in video game history has to play John Wilkes Booth... 

DOOD, ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT NOLAN NORTH IS GOING TO BE GOING TOE TO TOE... 

...WITH RON FUCKING PERLMAN?!
 ...WITH RON FUCKING PERLMAN?!
...maybe Jefferson C.O.R.P.S. really DOESN'T stand a chance against Lincoln F.O.R.C.E.!!!
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By VisariLoyalist

eventually lincoln should have to fight a 3 headed beast with the heads of chairman mao, hitler, and sauron

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#150  Edited By mosdl
@solidlife said:
" Any chance of a European release? "
Yeah, but Abe is replaced with famous folks from the release country.  UK is getting Queen Victoria perhaps, and the villain is jack the ripper.  In russia the villain is Rasputin.

Unclear if Godzilla would make it into the japan version as the license is expensive...perhaps mothra!