Pod Kicker (did something change server side?)

Gaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been using Pod Kicker Pro (Android / Marshmellow) for a long time and it's been working just fine. As of a week or two ago, none of my premium feeds work any more. The free feeds still work. I've checked the authentication and there is no general problem on Pod Kickers forum ither. I'd love some feedback :)
Maybe something was changed with the Auth @ GB?

Thanks in advance

AdmiralCurtiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AdmiralCurtiss

Yeah, same problem here. I guess Podkicker isn't handling authentication correctly, and it appears they implemented a scraping protection since I get a "Wordpress RSS Reader / Scraper Blocked" error if I try manually forwarding the XML via a local server.

Dazzl3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Podkicker user, and my basic non-premium Bombcast/Beastcast feeds aren't working either :(.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd recommend pocketcasts.

kalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I had a similar problem with my podcast script (using podget). It looks like GB recently started sending their Scraper Blocked error to rss downloads (both regular and premium). There's an old thread here that helped me figure out my solution: add a user-agent. (A user-agent is a string that tells giantbomb.com who's asking for the feed.)

I don't know if PodKicker has an option for it, but if you can't find one try emailing the developer to ask them to add one. It's theoretically really easy since lots of web retrieval libraries already support user-agents. (In my case, I just added --user-agent="podget" to my wget options since podget uses wget for web retrieval.)