Podcast on Android?

Jazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

Im thinking of switching from iOS phone to a android phone and was wondering is the podcast available on the platform.

Any info would be much appreciated guys.

Have a great weekend.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You can download or stream it from the website

Jazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You can also subscribe to the podcast using an RSS feed reader, or the Sticher Radio app.

Jazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VideoGameMobes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By VideoGameMobes

Podcasts are available on any devices that can play MP3s and has an internet connection.

Whilst iOS has (sub-standard, AFAIK) podcast supported build-in its local Music player app, Android does not at the moment. But! Since podcasts work through a web feed standard called RSS which is commonly used around the web, there are many apps on both platforms that are able to manage podcasts (download(/stream)/play).

The Google standard music player Play Music have been announced to be able to support podcasts, and it's been rumored to launch this upcoming Monday. If this doesn't happen then though, there are multiple good podcast clients on Android's app store, some of them are also free. I use Pocket Casts which I recommend because of its good interface, its web client and being able to sync playback data between phone and web, but it's not free.

Jazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benlaserlove: Thank you Very much for the information, I appreciate your time.

peterh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've had a good experience with podkicker.

hoochli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hoochli

Automatic download with Podkicker then I listen to it with Poweramp which adds all music from specific folders to the playlist. This way I always have all the podcasts from the site in one place.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I also use Pocket Cast. It's a bit pricey at first glance to have both the app and the browser syncing, but it's totally worth it when I can listen to the podcast at work on my desktop and then continue it on my phone. It's also got a great autodownload and cleanup built in, so whenever a new episode is uploaded it automatically downloads from WiFi (or cell network if you toggle the setting), and you can have episodes automatically deleted if you want to limit it to say the 5 newest episodes.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Podcast Addict.

But I didn't really try anything else on Android. It's definitely better than the iOS podcast app.

It's free (ad-supported, but I hardly even notice the ads since I rarely jump into the app itself). The UI is not super-slick (I think Pocket Casts has it beat here easily) but I'm pretty happy with the functionality it offers. The way I listen to podcasts is: plug headphones into my phone when I want to listen. And this works wonderfully for that (has features to auto-sort so that e.g. if there's a new Beastcast it'll play before my backlog of other podcasts).

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah there are a ton of podcast apps. I've seen a few people here mention it, but Pocket Cast's really is a great podcast app on Android.

BurnsXXIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always just gone to the bombcast page and downloaded it directly from the website, and used the Play Music app to listen during my commute.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Im into Podcast Addict, it is pretty full featured.

Rumils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just my 2 cents. I have had goodluck with Podcast Republic. I probably listen to 30 plus hours of podcasts and a week and have only had a few issues with it over the past couple years.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pocket Casts FTW

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Podkicker is my choice. A few years ago I tried eight different players and in the end Podkicker was the best at that time. I try a few new ones every year, but always go back to Podkicker. The guy behind Podkicker does one thing - this software and it is tweaked all the time.