Recipe Brad Was Talking About

Imensae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Was wondering if anyone has the link to the slow cooked pork shoulder recipe Brad was talking about. It did have a name but I couldn't really make it out.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wasn't that Drew and wasn't it carnitas? I've made this one before and it was delicious.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By OldGuy

Carnitas (and, actually, it was Drew who made it)...

Here's one (there are lots) from Food Network that's pretty good.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantlizardking: Heh. Beat me by 6 seconds (and even pointed to the same recipe!

GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

@giantlizardking: Heh. Beat me by 6 seconds (and even pointed to the same recipe!

Yeah, I really don't like to waste a lot of time when it comes to all things pork. It's serious business. I was quite disappointed by Brad ,being a native of North Cackalacky, not knowing what cut of meat that Carnitas were. I know it's not a southern preparation but man from a respected BBQ state should recognize pork butt when he tastes it!

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

Yeah, I really don't like to waste a lot of time when it comes to all things pork. It's serious business. I was quite disappointed by Brad ,being a native of North Cackalacky, not knowing what cut of meat that Carnitas were. I know it's not a southern preparation but man from a respected BBQ state should recognize pork butt when he tastes it!

With you there -- as a matter of fact I had a plate of the last of the weekend smoking session of pulled pork with vinegar sauce (eastern NC style), mac and cheese, collards and slaw last night...

GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

@giantlizardking said:

@oldguy said:

With you there -- as a matter of fact I had a plate of the last of the weekend smoking session of pulled pork with vinegar sauce (eastern NC style), mac and cheese, collards and slaw last night...

Nice! I smoked a brisket last weekend myself. Good to see some of my fellow duders are also my BBQ brethren.