Should there be two podcasts now?

• 102 results
TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

Poll Should there be two podcasts now? (688 votes)

Yes! I need more Bombcast! 77%
No thank you, one is plenty. 23%

I love the Bombcast, but I miss having Vinny give his opinion and musings.

I think they should make two podcasts. The normal Bombcast and the other: Bombcast East - with Vinny, Alex, and Patrick. What do you think? Any possibility of this happening?

• 
RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think the best thing would either be have vinny join bombing in the am, or do away with bombing in the am and replace it with an offshoot of the bombcast. The way I think it should be done is have Vinny set up a thing in the NY office where Patrick can call in and be apart of the conversation. Probably wouldn't be that hard to hook something up on patricks end that acts like a phone but has a quality microphone.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@theblue: Me because I don't think Vinny and co need to ape what GB west is doing. They need to do their own thing and be weird and different in their own ways. Besides that Bombin the Am is basically another podcast twice a week.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

While I am always in favor of more Vinny, I don't think a second weekly long podcast is justified.

Maybe something less structured... a long content that happens once in whenever, that way it would still feel special instead of overwhelming.

nilsth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really miss Vinny on the Bomcast. He and Jeff riffing off each other was always my favorite part of the podcast. All the guys are great, but those two are genuinely funny. I don't know what form it should take, but I need some of that "Small business man"-magic!

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think there are enough podcasts as there is--and with the slow and steady increase in GBEast content, I feel like I'm getting my recommended dose of Vinny. Skype podcasts can work if you record all the dialog separately and cut it together (mostly to ensure high quality audio--I am pretty sure that's what Bombin' the A.M. does, and the Chainsawsuit podcast does), so it's not completely out of the question that you could bring Patrick into a secondary Bombcast East, but I'm just not sure it is necessary. So long as Vinny pops in on Bombin' from time to time and continues to churn out cool shit, I'm okay with the Bombcast as-is.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BradBrains

i like the one on one conversation style of bombin so if you want to have vinny talk for a bit give him something different i think

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hate Bombin' the AM and pretty much always have so I hope Vinny stays mostly seperate from GB Chicago stuff.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't want another podcast. Too many exist already. Many superior in quality to what could be done with Vinny and Alex alone. There aren't enough hours in the day for Giant Bomb to become like WWE with 9 hours of programming every week.

Yusar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Yusar

As much as I would probably love it, I think a second podcast would have to happen organically and because the guys want to do it, rather than because I want it.

Right now I'm just happy whenever Vinny and Alex to stuff, since I still view it as additional content on top of what I'm used to.

Also as mentioned earlier, there's already two podcasts - one with two episodes a week (and an east coast representative).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5bc497650e6
deactivated-5e5bc497650e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work nights so the idea of having two podcasts a week makes two of those shifts much easier :p

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The most simple solution, as others have said, is Vinny should just join Bombin in the A.M. I already love the show and Vinny would just make it better.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#62  Edited By Eder
No Caption Provided

More of this

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Content wise I get through maybe 10% of what GB pumps out, so for the time being, I'm pretty happy with the amount of content.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheBlue

@demoskinos: I get that. I'm just one of those people who is able to listen to podcasts for long hours at work, so more content is always welcome for me. Granted, there's not enough news in a week to warrant 2 podcasts and a morning show certainly.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No I want Vinny to do whatever the fuck he Wants to do because that is what will be fun to watch/listen to.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind having a Bombcast East & Bombcast West. The problem is will they over lap with format and what they talk about?

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but I dont think it would have to as long as the bombcast.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By KaneRobot

"Cancel" at least one of the Monday/Friday AM shows - nothing ever happens over the weekend, no point in having one on both days - and replace it with a podcast with Alex & Vinny and one or two of the midwest contingent, maybe? I do like that the Bombcast is a in-studio only podcast (for the most part) but no reason BEastcast can't be different.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe almost a quarter of voters are saying no. Are they nuts?!

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wouldn't mind having a Bombcast East & Bombcast West. The problem is will they over lap with format and what they talk about?

I don't think so, at least most of the time. The off-topic talk would be different, so there's like half the Bombcast right there. As games go, more often than not they'll be focusing on different games, though there will definitely be some overlap with bigger titles. But in those cases, hearing a separate, isolated take on things would still be interesting, I'd think. Same goes for any news overlap (which already happens between Bombcast and Bombin', and I think it's fine).

Different e-mails too...?!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope Vinny ends up in some sort of audio content, because unlike videos I always have time for that.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Jeff's lucid ramblings on the bombcast about a month ago. He was talking about having two separate bombcasts. One being a pure video game focused thing and the other a total nonsense, any topics go podcast. I love that idea.

As for GB on the east coast, While I do love Bombin', I sometimes get the feeling Scoops and Alex aren't committed to it as a twice-a-week thing. Frequently cutting shows short, one of the two not being there, a general sense of malaise etc etc. Maybe if they made it a once a week thing with Vinny, it might become a better product in the end.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

the podcast talent is thin as is.

spineshank1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By spineshank1981

I would never say no to more podcasts. But I would also be fine with Vinny joining Bombin' the A.M.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Rotnac

I'd love another Podcast with Vinny hosting but for right now I would have to vote no. I'd rather have GBeast get settled asap first so they can produce more awesome video content. Having a podcast from GBNY would be a bonus.

EDIT: Also, I didn't actually choose an option on the poll since it doesn't make any sense. GB already has more than 5 different podcasts.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba519b6e291
deactivated-64ba519b6e291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More audio Vinny? YES PLEASE! He's left a mighty void.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@wjb said:

Vinny just needs to be on Bombin'. Make it 90-minutes if they have to.

Yeah I agree to this. If they had one more person in NY a proper podcast with Vinny, Alex and a third person would be great. I think I remember Jeff or someone saying they really don't like to use skype or google voice for podcasts. But if they are going to add Vinny to Bombin' it should be the 3 of them, not just 2 at a time.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, if Vinny wants to join up with Vinny & Alex I won't complain. I'm always looking for more quality podcasts to listen to.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

An Alex/Vinny cast would be great.

@chumm said:

The hell year is this, 3000 miles should not be enough to prevent the crew from casting together as usual.

Also this though. I know they dont love Skype but it's not like there aren't a million other podcasts who make it work.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#81  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think Vinny and Alex need to do something video related. That's where Vinny shines, and I think they should do something others are not doing.

I know you can buy consumer level animation programs that do mo-cap with Kinect, so why not have them do a sit down discussion show where Vinny and Alex are constantly change shape and the the back grounds are in are changing as well. One second Vinny is a princess and Alex is a dragon, the next second both are in space flying into the sun. Or, if switching around is too hard just make Vinny and Alex out of 'yarn or paper' all the time. Just convert 30 minutes of motion data into two 'craft' puppets. I'm not even talking polished stuff here...keep it rough...do it easy. Just a few cuts, with a standard intro and ending.

Everyone is doing video, everyone is doing call-in shows on video! I think GB New York should just do something weird...that screamsanimation to me. Or, maybe do a talk show like Space Ghost Coast to Coast where when they interview people over Skype that is chroma keyed onto a "virtual set" where the interview happens. Different, odd, unexpected is what they need to do. Vinny is super smart, if anyone can figure out some quick & dirty animation or chroma key backgrounds it is Vinny.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd be fine if Vinny would become a regular or semi regular on Scoops and the Wolf maybe.... I don't know, whatever they do I'm on board with.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Harkat

I don't like Skype podcasts, so bombin the am doesn't do it for me.

We need a bombcast NY with Alex, Vinny and whatever guests they have on hand

NYBC

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually i changed my mind. No there shouldn't be two podcasts. I can barely keep up with just one and the Bombin the AM, plus all the other content.

Plus having two podcasts would probably only cannibalize their own audience. So it'd just be a bit of a mess really.

Sarkahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sarkahn

I was kind of surprised they outright dismissed the idea of skyping in people during the podcast early on (aside from the occasional Patrick news segment when Vinny was hosting). If you listen to My Brother My Brother And Me you literally cannot even tell they are skyping, and they have over 200 episodes now. Sucks that Vinny is no longer on a podcast.

Edit: And yes, I'm sure that requires a bit of editing work, but it's obviously possible.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l44 said:

@hunkulese said:

They already do another podcast Monday and Friday mornings.

That one doesn´t count. It's a freaking skype call. That show can be pretty okay, but it's no substitute to a proper bombcast.

If they were to do a second show (or alternate coasts) they would have to adhere to a strict no skype rule. That shit sucks the life out of everything.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree with some of the sentiments here in this thread. In 2008, Joystiq was doing their podcast with one dude in Philly, one guy in West Virginia, and the other one somewhere in Africa with little to no delay at all after some editing and audio file trickery. They could totally have a podcast with everyone or a rotated cycle of 4-5 members if they wanted. I would very much like to have Vinny on a podcast.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe but I could see it.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should join Alex and Patrick on Bombing in the Am. It's already a really solid show. Throwing him in the mix will make it even better.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NTM

Wait, is Vinny on the east now and not with Jeff and the rest? If so, that sucks... I didn't know that.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By erhard

Anyone who thinks the bedroom skype call of Bombin' the AM is the equal of an actual face-to-face conversation in a professional studio either hasn't made enough Skype calls or had enough face-to-face conversations in their lifetime. I don't think the stilted your-turn-my-turn dialogue skyping constrains one to would be making particularly good use of Vinny's engaging personality. They need to get him in a studio with Alex for a Bombcast East.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By penguindust

@hunter5024 said:

I hope Vinny ends up in some sort of audio content, because unlike videos I always have time for that.

This. I listen to podcasts at work and while videos are great, I don't have as much time for them as I would like. I've never missed a Bombcast, but rarely catch the AM show in its entirety. I know the AM show has an audio upload, too but...well, remember when Vinny took the lead chair at the Bombcast and he added all these effects and had Patrick swearing up and down that Microsoft wouldn't cut the Kinect? That's the type of shenanigans I'd like to hear again. He was great when he moderated the Gamespot podcast, too. Listen to a few of those old ones if you can find them.

Oh, and I think Drew is doing a great job now that he's a regular on Bombcast Original.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bombcast East featuring Alex, Robyn, Vinny and Jimmy sounds like a thing to me.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By IcyEyes

I'm all for anything that gives me more Vinny, but what I miss most is the incredible chemistry between Jeff and Vinny on the Bombcast and in Quick Looks. Any podcast without both of them is just not the same :(

erikmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By erikmb

They should get some skype calls into the mix, get vinny back into the action with the science of modern day technology. It aint rocket science... I think? O.o

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ripelivejam

@superfriend said:

@l44 said:

@hunkulese said:

They already do another podcast Monday and Friday mornings.

That one doesn´t count. It's a freaking skype call. That show can be pretty okay, but it's no substitute to a proper bombcast.

If they were to do a second show (or alternate coasts) they would have to adhere to a strict no skype rule. That shit sucks the life out of everything.

their end of last year skype thing was one of the most entertaining "bombcasts" of the past year.

TriBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I vote for skyping in to the bombcast proper. Skype/hangouts/whatever else is good enough at this point, especially because it stands to reason that they have decent internet connections and microphones, that it shouldn't be much of a problem from a quality perspective, especially if they cut it together after the fact. Even with some awkward interruptions and VOIP glitches though, it would be worth it to have Vinny back.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#98  Edited By AndrewB

The times when Patrick was brought in over Skype for news segments on GiantVincasts were always gold. I wouldn't mind the occasional remote guest appearance. It would make more sense than doing two podcasts, especially keeping in mind how podcasts are still a timesink for them even if I do love them and would still argue the merit over just keeping people coming back to the site.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ch3burashka

I honestly might stop listening or at the very least taper off if I don't get a regular injection of Vinny into my ears.

I feel like I should write a blog about the flux between happiness and sadness that has become synonymous with listening to podcasts. Over the last 5 or 6 years, I've listened to a hell of a lot of 'casts, mostly gaming related, and they've been amazing, then slowly lost people until they were cancelled or transformed into something unrecognizable. The last year has been filled with change at Giant Bomb, and I feel the Bombcast singularity approaching with greater and greater speed. Giant Bomb is the first gaming website I joined and followed since its inception (I don't have stacks of Nintendo Power, never got into magazines as a kid), and seeing the entire saga from beginning to foreseeable end is heartbreaking. They'll keep doing their thing, but I might peel off. Nevertheless I'll never say it wasn't worth all the memories.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Vinny join BitAM and we will get our fix.