So who all went and watched Spring Breakers after listening to this week's Bombcast?

• 82 results
unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll So who all went and watched Spring Breakers after listening to this week's Bombcast? (394 votes)

I sure did! 18%
*sigh*, I did. 12%
Never. 38%
I'd already seen it. 32%

After Jeff's bizarre description of Spring Breakers on the Bombcast I had to watch it, and I'm curious how many other duders did as well?

• 
phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it but I don't think it would hold up a second time. I was eating dinner and drinking a margarita during it and I didn't finish the food or drink by the end of the film. It seemed like it just hypnotized me. It was just a good experience that I woudn't want to sully by watching it again and finding out it's just OK.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By PimblyCharles
@crithon said:

I will never forget seeing Kids in theaters.

Yup, same here. The reaction of the crowd at the end was pretty great. Ever checked out Larry Clark's Another Day in Paradise?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Pleasantly surprised by it, nothing really outstanding about it, but it's completely crazy, hard to believe it got made, hard to believe Nicolas Cage wasn't in it.

Kind of wish I had seen it in the theater, I'd imagine watching the audience would have been as fun as watching the movie.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It has a lengthy monologue given by James Franco talking about all the SHEEYIT he got (designer clothing in lots of colors, gold bullets, scarface on repeat, Calvin Klein escape and Be, a bed that is a fucking piece of art space ship, blue koolaid, nunchucks, different flavor shurikens, them sais, dark tannin oil)

Also, he deep throats a silenced pistol.

Best movie ever?

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It was beautiful.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'd hate it, so I probably need to watch it to know for sure.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By KaneRobot

Psh, Bombcast what? I saw that movie in the damn theater. Myself and two friends went, and we were the only 3 people in the theater. This was a weekend, night showing. The only time I've ever been in a movie theater with my group and no one else. It was glorious.

Riff Raff told people on Twitter to yell something about Riff Raff when James Franco was shown onscreen, and he would retweet the video. I followed orders.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....what the hell am I watching? It's some kind of hellish coke-fueled nightmare with a cast raised on reality television.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I just watched it. It went from hilariously bad in the first half to some what interesting by the end. I think overall I actually liked it. Somehow.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've already seen it but I should watch it again.

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Saw it in theaters. Twice.

Spring break forever.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Animasta

.....what the hell am I watching? It's some kind of hellish coke-fueled nightmare with a cast raised on reality television.

hey Ashley Benson is a legitimate actress D:

(the reason I watched it because I like her on Pretty Little Liars)

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I couldn't make it all the way through.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd been meaning to watch it before, but I really wished I hadn't bothered now. What an absolute shit-show of a movie. I hated every single character in it and the script was fucking garbage, a situation not helped by every line of dialogue was repeated about 3 times. It did do some visually interesting stuff (apart from showing some ‘Girls Gone Wild’ B-Roll over and over again), but by then I just wanted it to be over.

Amikron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPREEEEEEEEENG BREAAAAAAAAAAK.

I think that about sums it up.

Honestly though Riff Raff is owed a paycheck on this one, if "Spring Breakers" was a wrestling storyline that shit would be gimmick infringement.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@minivan said:

That scene where franco and the 2 girls walk down the pink lit dock in yellow was beautiful.

On another note, the movie was meant to point out the absurdity of the modern college experience, right? College is this time separated from "real life" where you live in a relatively safe gated community. Then spring break is this thing separated from that already separated experience. By trying to get away from college the girls accidentally end up in a shitty part of the real world, do shitty things, and still expect to walk away free.

I honestly don't think there was any message behind it. There is some very feint outlines of naivete and seeing life through the rose tinted glasses of teen fueled dreams - maybe a little bit 'coming of age' near the end when they call their parents. For the most part I think it is visually and audibly quite an experience. There is a movie titled Enter the Void that to takes the idea behind Spring Breakers to the extreme. It is an audio-visual acid trip that is fascinating to experience.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went and watched Hunger Games 1 on Netflix. That's kind of the same thing.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up watching a subtitled version in a bar by coincidence last week. It was kind of surreal at moments because there was no sound but the bar was playing a lot of club/dance music. There were moments where it really oddly synched up, including a dance remix of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" starting up when this kiss Alien at the end.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I did try and watch it. Got through like the first 10 minutes. I was not capable of opening my heart enough.

LordJezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got through it.

Credits running now.

What the hell was that?

SPRING BREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@minivan said:

That scene where franco and the 2 girls walk down the pink lit dock in yellow was beautiful.

On another note, the movie was meant to point out the absurdity of the modern college experience, right? College is this time separated from "real life" where you live in a relatively safe gated community. Then spring break is this thing separated from that already separated experience. By trying to get away from college the girls accidentally end up in a shitty part of the real world, do shitty things, and still expect to walk away free.

I honestly don't think there was any message behind it. There is some very feint outlines of naivete and seeing life through the rose tinted glasses of teen fueled dreams - maybe a little bit 'coming of age' near the end when they call their parents. For the most part I think it is visually and audibly quite an experience. There is a movie titled Enter the Void that to takes the idea behind Spring Breakers to the extreme. It is an audio-visual acid trip that is fascinating to experience.

just came in this thread to mention Enter the Void. movie is crazy yo

LordJezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pretty perfect scene..

Loading Video...

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

I did but only because they said it was available on amazon prime video for free and I had already wanted to see it before that.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

My cousin made me watch it during Thanksgiving. Being full of turkey, stuffing, and deviled-eggs really put me in the right haze to kinda deal with it. Fuck man, that movie was terrible and transcendent.

Also, Jeff Jarrett.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AcidBrandon18

James Franco is the best part of that film. I do love the Girls Gone Wild B-Roll tho.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#78  Edited By TheBluthCompany

I don't know what I just watched. Am I currently undergoing a massive stroke? Or did I accidentally ingest some high grade hallucinogenics? SPRRIIIIINNNGG BREAKKKKK

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So I bought the Blu-Ray like two weeks ago and I finally decided to watch it. That movie is interesting. I don't know if anyone else felt this way but man I felt really uneasy for most of the film. As hilariously absurd as some parts of the movie are like the Britney Spears scene. There is just this undertone to the movie that at least to me was unsettling. Its for sure though one of the most unforgettable movies I've seen in awhile.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So I bought the Blu-Ray like two weeks ago and I finally decided to watch it. That movie is interesting. I don't know if anyone else felt this way but man I felt really uneasy for most of the film. As hilariously absurd as some parts of the movie are like the Britney Spears scene. There is just this undertone to the movie that at least to me was unsettling. Its for sure though one of the most unforgettable movies I've seen in awhile.

I agree. Despite it's issues, it's definitely a better movie than a lot of people give it credit for. My only major problem is the ending. I feel like I miss something. Like there's some hidden message somewhere that has completely eluded me. How did two average white girls, who probably never held a gun before that trip, take down, with perfect accuracy by the way, a good 10-15 black dudes like it was nothing? I mean...what? I'm not necessarily saying them dying would've been better, but the ending just feels completely out of place and doesn't make any sense to me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#81  Edited By musubi

@babychoochoo: Haha yeah that and their infinite ammo cheat. =p

As for the meaning I'm not sure I have the ending nailed down but the loss of innocence seems to be sort of one of the underlying themes. Which is why I think it ends up being so disturbing. What turns from being a getaway to excess of booze and partying ends up turning into something more well...sinister.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Rafaelfc

This film is .... special

SPRIIIIIIIIING BREEAAK

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#83  Edited By Humanity

Let me just warn you guys - after watching Spring breakers I tried to follow what I assumed was a similar vibe and watched The Bling Ring, and it was a worthless waste of time.