Suggestion: Live Bombcast on Monday for Subscribers.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mcfart

Instead of splitting the bombcast and lowering the quality (I don't want Wiiware in the first hour), I think it would be a great incentive to get a subscription if subscribers got the bombcast a day early (listening to it live), and that way, they would get to hear stuff that usually gets cut out, such as wild tangents going off topic and such. Although it would likely take around 3 hours to listen to (I'm sure they take frequent breaks, unnoticeable after the editing), I'm sure the subscriber base would love it, since they get to listen to the bombcast a day early, and they already are proving their dedication to the site by paying money, so I think this would be a win/win situation.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Coombs

Again an awesome idea 

pnevares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By pnevares

I can't even imagine the complexity that would be involved in getting this to happen weekly. But I would love to see it!

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Artikay

I'd like to see this happen. Lisening live or just put up the whole uncut podcast up at the same time as the unedited one. 

Cutting the bombcast in half is a stupid, stupid, STUPID idea. This is what happens when you know your good at something, you try to charge for it.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PufferFiz

that would be cool. but ryan has to edit it so not sure how that would work live.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By LordXavierBritish
@pnevares said:
" I can't even imagine the complexity that would be involved in getting this to happen weekly. But I would love to see it! "
It is incredibly easy. 

All you need to do is set up a camera in the podcasting room and stream it.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

I would be fine with that, but I'm not so sure it's even possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c86670f38adc
deactivated-5c86670f38adc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Artikay said:
" I'd like to see this happen. Lisening live or just put up the whole uncut podcast up at the same time as the unedited one.  Cutting the bombcast in half is a stupid, stupid, STUPID idea. This is what happens when you know your good at something, you try to charge for it. "
Oh no! How dare talented people charge money for doing what they are good at!
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By hellsing321

Tested has done live streams of their podcasts so they could do it. The problem is blocking it out to only members when anyone can go on Justin.tv and find the stream.

pnevares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#10  Edited By pnevares
@LordXavierBritish: I would want something higher quality than an average live stream, though something like what they did with the Live Live Show Live would be perfect. But expensive, I'd think.
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@pnevares said:
" @LordXavierBritish: I would want something higher quality than an average live stream, though something like what they did with the Live Live Show Live would be perfect. But expensive, I'd think. "
You are already getting a Friday live show like TBLLS:L, I don't see why an early, live Bombcast isn't good enough.
BSchneider30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By BSchneider30

That wouldn't really work though. They often record conversations that are under embargo when they know the embargo lifts Tuesday.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Leptok

Yeah or they start talking about stuff they shouldn't. They've said before they'd never do something live. 

What would be nice is to start getting it at or by a certain time. Then you could plan for DLing it instead of the unknown wait each tuesday.

ScunerMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ScunerMac

Brilliant idea. But I always listen to the bombcast in my car. So I'd still have to download it. But I still think it's a good idea.

Agent_Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Agent_Eli

It's a pretty good idea. The only issue I could imagine like others said before is that they'd have to watch what they say for embargo reasons or whatever; stuff they usually edit out.
If it changes the nature how the bomb squad do the Bombcast how they want to do it,  I would be against it.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Green_Incarnate

So far all there live stuff has been through justin.tv. I don't know how they can limit access to subscribers only that way.

Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By The_Philosopher

I'd much rather something else. It wouldn't be as good as the normal Bombcast. Besides I don't have the time to sit down and listen to 3 hours of podcast every Monday. I usually listen to the Bombcast in 2-3 sessions as it is.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

Dude no.

People bitched about spliting of Bombcast becouse then the non subscribers would be left out due to other users already knowing what happned on the Bombcast, your idea is almost the same in principle. It starts to split the community.