Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Applekid

lol got that long title out of the way.

I've been coming to this site for a little while now and originally scoffed at becoming a paid member when it was first introduced. Then I started coming to the site more and more and that attitude changed very quickly and I wanted to give them money, premium content or not. I had to wait until I had a birthday come up but it worked out perfectly because they were offering those badass Giant Bombcast posters. Not only that, they were going to sign it. I hopped on that right away and eventually the poster came.

I unwrapped it once to have a gander and was not disappointed. I wanted to keep it in the best condition possible so I put it back into its mailing tube for temporary storage. I knew that to give this the honor it deserves I should get a custom frame made for it and put it up on the wall. I realized that it would cost a pretty penny so i sadly had to put the idea on the backburner for the time being. Fast forward to now when I have tax return money coming in I was able to get the frame ordered.

18x35 7/8's black wooden grained rounded frame, glass is twice as thick as normal frame glass, and is going to be dry mounted on to the acid free board. In total $98 before tax. It could take up to 2 weeks for it to be done but it should be done in about 1 week. I'm very excited to see how it turns out and to post pictures.

The guy helping me with the frame was really nice and polite and he finally asks me the insurance question, "so lets say something happens to the store. It catches fire or falls down and your poster gets ruined; how much is it worth." I just start laughing and kind of shake my head, "To be completely honest its not worth anything. These guys aren't famous to the normal person." He kind of laughs and gives me an expectant look "ehhhh well, I guess if I had to put a number on it I would say about $300. I imagine it make take that much just to get the guys to give up some of their time to all sign the same poster again." I then tell him its probably pretty awkward to ask people to put a number on these type of possessions. He said that most people try and say "priceless."

Only thing missing from all of this would have been dave and drews scrawls on the poster. I know they aren't Bombcast crew but they have an equal place in my heart. lol maybe one day I can have a post-it note with their sigs added into the frame. I've rambled on enough, I'll update this with pics once I'm able to go and pick it up.

Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Applekid

lol got that long title out of the way.

I've been coming to this site for a little while now and originally scoffed at becoming a paid member when it was first introduced. Then I started coming to the site more and more and that attitude changed very quickly and I wanted to give them money, premium content or not. I had to wait until I had a birthday come up but it worked out perfectly because they were offering those badass Giant Bombcast posters. Not only that, they were going to sign it. I hopped on that right away and eventually the poster came.

I unwrapped it once to have a gander and was not disappointed. I wanted to keep it in the best condition possible so I put it back into its mailing tube for temporary storage. I knew that to give this the honor it deserves I should get a custom frame made for it and put it up on the wall. I realized that it would cost a pretty penny so i sadly had to put the idea on the backburner for the time being. Fast forward to now when I have tax return money coming in I was able to get the frame ordered.

18x35 7/8's black wooden grained rounded frame, glass is twice as thick as normal frame glass, and is going to be dry mounted on to the acid free board. In total $98 before tax. It could take up to 2 weeks for it to be done but it should be done in about 1 week. I'm very excited to see how it turns out and to post pictures.

The guy helping me with the frame was really nice and polite and he finally asks me the insurance question, "so lets say something happens to the store. It catches fire or falls down and your poster gets ruined; how much is it worth." I just start laughing and kind of shake my head, "To be completely honest its not worth anything. These guys aren't famous to the normal person." He kind of laughs and gives me an expectant look "ehhhh well, I guess if I had to put a number on it I would say about $300. I imagine it make take that much just to get the guys to give up some of their time to all sign the same poster again." I then tell him its probably pretty awkward to ask people to put a number on these type of possessions. He said that most people try and say "priceless."

Only thing missing from all of this would have been dave and drews scrawls on the poster. I know they aren't Bombcast crew but they have an equal place in my heart. lol maybe one day I can have a post-it note with their sigs added into the frame. I've rambled on enough, I'll update this with pics once I'm able to go and pick it up.

Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Applekid

I'm expecting to get a call within the week. My body is ready.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By YoThatLimp

100$ on a 10$ poster? You are crazy.

Banggoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Banggoo

WTF man. A few weeks ago I got a similar sized picture frame from a thrift store for $2.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By fattony12000

All of these five frames cost us like £25 total, and we got them bought and framed up in an afternoon. You have gone way overboard, and I love and applaud you for it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By swoxx

@Fattony12000: I really like the frames on the second two pictures, where'd you get em?

I should get my signed poster framed but I've been to lazy, it's still in its tube.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fattony12000

@Swoxx said:

@Fattony12000: I really like the frames on the second two pictures, where'd you get em?

I should get my signed poster framed but I've been to lazy, it's still in its tube.

Heh, they are all from a crappy shop called Wilkinsons in the UK. Nothing special at all, these are the black versions.

I have a nice dark brown wood type one from there as well, for a poster I've not shown yet. Once I'm home I'll post it up here, the frame and picture go real well with each other.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By swoxx

@Fattony12000: Yeah I know it's not rare or anything, I've just not been able to find it in a store and it's the type of frame i prefer, clean and simple. Thanks!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fattony12000

Here we go, this is the picture and frame I was talking about in my above post. And once again, this was from Wilkinsons!

No Caption Provided
Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Applekid

I would argue its a bit more than a $10 poster. Personal value brings that funny grey area sometimes. I'm ok with the price that I'm paying considering everything involved. Like I said before its dry mounted so if it somehow broke the glass/frame the poster is permanently attached to a board. I could just hang that or have it re-framed. The piece of glass that is covering it is twice as thick as normal frame glass.

My hats off to you though that did get great deals. Those frames look fantastic. I especially enjoy the wooden one with the man with the coffee cup. I may have found a better deal in my town if I had the time or patience to look. Working third shift limits what I can do a lot of times.

On an awesome note, I just received the call that it is ready to be picked up. I will be headed in tomorrow morning to do just that.

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By A_Dog

@Fattony12000: That poster is amazing. Where did you get it from?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fattony12000

@ryanrulez said:

@Fattony12000: That poster is amazing. Where did you get it from?

http://www.beechwoodsc.co.uk/rise-records.html

A little independent shop in the town of Cheltenham, England. There were a whole bunch of them done by the same guy, but my girlfriend and I were attracted to the Twin Peaks vibe.

Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Applekid

http://www.dayzeddesigns.com/images/6b0279cjkqjje51f3.jpg

http://www.dayzeddesigns.com/images/k9wx2idw4woob4uowty6.jpg

Those are just my initial pics. It turned out wonderful. Sorry for the bad quality of the pics though, I took them with my awful phone camera. I will get better pics in a few days once I go to hang it.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DizzyMedal

@Applekid said:

Only thing missing from all of this would have been dave and drews scrawls on the poster.

You mean the Clue-like poster on the podcast page right now? Drew signed that. It's probably one of the ones close to the right side. They streamed while they signed and Drew was definitely there. If I recall correctly, Dave signed a 'special' one right towards the end (I could be imagining this...) but I don't think anyone ever said in the forums if they got that one.

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/296766203

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Framing stuff for me is always pretty expensive since I insist on museum glass. Worth it!

Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Applekid

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about this blog post. Got caught up in real life stuff.

@DizzyMedal said:

@Applekid said:

Only thing missing from all of this would have been dave and drews scrawls on the poster.

You mean the Clue-like poster on the podcast page right now? Drew signed that. It's probably one of the ones close to the right side. They streamed while they signed and Drew was definitely there. If I recall correctly, Dave signed a 'special' one right towards the end (I could be imagining this...) but I don't think anyone ever said in the forums if they got that one.

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/296766203

XD that's perfect Drew fashion. You are absolutely correct, his signature is between vinny Patrick and Brads. I've even stared at it without my brain registering. I only wish I could have had the one with Dave.

@CharlesAlanRatliff said:

Framing stuff for me is always pretty expensive since I insist on museum glass. Worth it!

Really wish I could have sprung for the museum grade glass, it would have been well worth it.

No Caption Provided

Still not the best picture ever but still better than the ones I gave before. I deleted the picture of the backing but its really nice. I forgot to mention in my other posts but the glass is UV protective so there is no worry where I hang it.

PS. I included some Hardees coupons for you guys to enjoy.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Man, now I want Hardee's. There are none! Nooooooo

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By ashleychittock

So there's Ryan, Jeff, Patrick, Vinny, Brad and... whose is the extra signature? Absolutely love all the posters in here btw, would love to hang all these in my office space.

Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Applekid

.@ashleychittock said:

So there's Ryan, Jeff, Patrick, Vinny, Brad and... whose is the extra signature? Absolutely love all the posters in here btw, would love to hang all these in my office space.

Drew

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By nightriff

@Applekid said:

No Caption Provided

I'm so fuckin jealous right now...you are my hero