The one huge difference between the Bombcast and other podcasts.

• 65 results
LuchaDeerFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By LuchaDeerFear

The Bombcast makes work on Wednesdays much better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

musdy said:
"The bombcast is the best podcast to not need $11 000 to be good. (*cough*Rebel FM*cough*)"

And how do you know how much was spent on the Bombcast and all the gear for it? What the fuck does that shit even matter?
Kajaah117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Kajaah117
musdy said:
"The bombcast is the best podcast to not need $11 000 to be good. (*cough*Rebel FM*cough*)"
Giant Bomb had to buy recording equipment at some point. Rebel FM was formed by unemployed former 1UP staff. Of course they're going to need a little boost from the community to at least buy some decent podcasting equipment. Not to mention one of the Geekbox's crew had their apartment burn down so.... those guys have had better days.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54  Edited By Geno

You are correct.

Samercon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Samercon

I agree the Bombcast is good, but nothing (and I mean nothing) has trumped the greatness that was GFW at its peak. With Shawn, Sean, Jeff, Ryan and Anthony it was a prefect balance of video game discussion and off-topic podcast.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By RedSox8933
Jayge said:
"I like the less-serious bombcast. I might actually care to listen to things like Rebel FM if I actually gave a flying shit about anyone's serious opinion on the gaming industry. That's also why I love the Three Red Lights podcast."
but none of the people on Three Red Lights are funny, especially Nate Ahearn.
Kajaah117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Kajaah117
Samercon said:
"I agree the Bombcast is good, but nothing (and I mean nothing) has trumped the greatness that was GFW at its peak. With Shawn, Sean, Jeff, Ryan and Anthony it was a prefect balance of video game discussion and off-topic podcast."
How can you forget Robert? He wasn't a permanent member but he was there often enough to include him on the list. And he's awesome. When he and Shawn were on together they would always have such energetic conversations. It's like they fed off each others humor.
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#58  Edited By gla55jAw

I used to listen to the Gamespot Hotspot (back in the day with GB guys), 1up and IGN Gamescoop. I always found 1up a little boring but would listen if I had nothing else. All I listen to now is the Bombcast and IGN Gamescoop, because Greg Miller is quite possibly the funniest man alive. 

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Wolverine
PercyChuggs said:
"The Giant Bombcast guys are actually entertaining! I've been listening to Rebel FM lately, and my god, can that Nick Suttner sound any less enthusiastic about what he's talking about? Oh, but I guess he treats games like "art", and doesn't want to yuck it up. Come on. That's what's great about the Bombcast, it's not just dry talk about video games, it's entertaining, it's funny, and it's unique. While Rebel FM spends 10 minutes dryly discussing the relevance of nudity in a games plot and character development, Vinny is making awesome "1080 penis" jokes. The Giant Bombcast is the ONLY podcast in which I can turn it on in and do nothing but listen to it. Every other one is usually just background noise."
Yeah they are a lot more chill and laid back then the typical podcast crew. Also they are extremely funny!
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Jayge_
RedSox8933 said:
"Jayge said:
"I like the less-serious bombcast. I might actually care to listen to things like Rebel FM if I actually gave a flying shit about anyone's serious opinion on the gaming industry. That's also why I love the Three Red Lights podcast."
but none of the people on Three Red Lights are funny, especially Nate Ahearn."
It's not that they're inherently funny, it's that they are so aware of their own podcast's redundancy and that they make fun of it constantly. Hilary Goldstein gets payed to do absolutely nothing all the time, and he knows it.
musdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By musdy
Khann said:
"musdy said:

And how do you know how much was spent on the Bombcast and all the gear for it? What the fuck does that shit even matter?
"
So asking for donations is ok.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By papercut

The Bombcast is the only pod cast that I am afraid to listen to in public. I'm always afraid that I'll start hysterically laughing and look like a crazy person.

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deadmonkeys

The (GFW) Brodeo was equally as good, if not better than the Bombcast. Sadly, it no longer exists :(
Long live the Bombcast!

No Caption Provided

deeztreezeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By deeztreezeez

i couldnt agree more. thank god i stumbled on this podcast

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By animateria

My favs definitely contain the Bombcast, but I do like Rebel FM.

I like a lot of the 1UP Retronauts stuff too, though I guess that isn't quite about newer games.

The one I stopped listening to is the Destructoid podcast, all they talked about is jizz and other low brow disgusting shit, and it got tiresome fast.

JoshLarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JoshLarson

The GFW Podcast was the best there was and the best there ever will be (RIP). Right now the Bombcast is the current king, mostly because of it's relatively long length of around 2 hours or so. It sure makes the workday go by a lot quicker.