They were right about StarzPlay on Netflix instant...

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross

Horrible!  

I was watching Black Hawk Down, and when it was in Native resolution, it was just a picture with 6 inches on either side of it, and like 8 inches above and below it, and this was on a 32'' tv. 

So I had to go to fullscreen view, and it did not look very good. But at least I was able to watch BHD I guess...

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

as long as i get to watch Punch Drunk Love, dammit.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Barrock

I haven't had much problems with it, as far as I can tell. Are you sure it is like that for all titles?

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Irishdoom

The quality of Starz Play titles on Netflix is notoriously bad.  They had the same issue with their On Demand offerings through cable.  They recently added a Starz HD On Demand channel which works just peachy.  I don't know if they have improved their Netflix steaming, however. 

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By schizogony

I can pretty much only tolerate HD stuff on Netflix streaming (when it comes to movies, not shows or documentaries).

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By WickedCobra03

I noticed, that yes, it was bad, but then since I was the only one watching it on my 34inch TV, I didn't care too much.  Plus it was instant on.  Yeah, it should be better, but most of it I have been able to live with.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sickVisionz
@WickedCobra03 said:
" I noticed, that yes, it was bad, but then since I was the only one watching it on my 34inch TV, I didn't care too much.  Plus it was instant on.  Yeah, it should be better, but most of it I have been able to live with. "
That's the big draw for me.  If I really wanted ultra quality I could grab a torrent or something but the appeal of clicking a button and watching it in a few seconds overrides the fact that it's SD.  It's not even all that bad of SD.  It looks better than watching SD cable on a HDTV imo.
Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Deathawk

It's a mixed bag, I don't notice it a lot of the time but there are other times where it's really apparent that you're watching has been horribly compressed.
Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Netflix isn't available in England so I couldn't care less.