zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

Edited By zanzibarbreeze
No Caption Provided

So, we've been working on the best-ofs for the Bombcast archive for most ofthisyear, and now we've finally caught up! This best-of for the show's 2010 year fills in the gap, so now we've essentially done a complete Bombcast highlight reel. For those who don't know or haven't heard any of our stuff before, we basically produce best-of highlight shows for podcasts/radio shows. We've done 1UP Yours, Idle Thumbs, GFW Radio, Loveline, The Adam Carolla Show... and the Giant Bombcast, naturally.

It's unclear whether the Giant Bombcast has ever really been about video games. It ostensibly should be—it is a podcast produced by a video game website, starring a number of individuals that make a living as video game critics—but that doesn't account for the discussion of pizza, helicopters, Swatch Internet Time (or 'beat time'), and Kid Rock. Nevertheless, video game players will find the Bombcast informative: included within is an exhaustive and potent segment where the cast discuss the latest releases for Nintendo's WiiWare and DSiWare, two critically acclaimed online-only platforms recognized for providing the cutting edge in video game software. Stocked with an illegal amount of humor, the Giant Bombcast is among the longest running gaming podcasts, and among the most superior.

You can download the best-of here. It's six and a half hours long; one and a half hours of that is new releases. You can hit up our rush on Twitter, or on Facebook, or on iTunes, or via RSS. If you subscribe to us through iTunes, we'd really appreciate a rating and a review! Thanks for listening. And if you like what we do, then there's a ton of other podcasts we cover. You can find all those through our blog. We are listener funded (for our hosting costs), and we appreciate any help you can give us with that too. :)

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
No Caption Provided

So, we've been working on the best-ofs for the Bombcast archive for most ofthisyear, and now we've finally caught up! This best-of for the show's 2010 year fills in the gap, so now we've essentially done a complete Bombcast highlight reel. For those who don't know or haven't heard any of our stuff before, we basically produce best-of highlight shows for podcasts/radio shows. We've done 1UP Yours, Idle Thumbs, GFW Radio, Loveline, The Adam Carolla Show... and the Giant Bombcast, naturally.

It's unclear whether the Giant Bombcast has ever really been about video games. It ostensibly should be—it is a podcast produced by a video game website, starring a number of individuals that make a living as video game critics—but that doesn't account for the discussion of pizza, helicopters, Swatch Internet Time (or 'beat time'), and Kid Rock. Nevertheless, video game players will find the Bombcast informative: included within is an exhaustive and potent segment where the cast discuss the latest releases for Nintendo's WiiWare and DSiWare, two critically acclaimed online-only platforms recognized for providing the cutting edge in video game software. Stocked with an illegal amount of humor, the Giant Bombcast is among the longest running gaming podcasts, and among the most superior.

You can download the best-of here. It's six and a half hours long; one and a half hours of that is new releases. You can hit up our rush on Twitter, or on Facebook, or on iTunes, or via RSS. If you subscribe to us through iTunes, we'd really appreciate a rating and a review! Thanks for listening. And if you like what we do, then there's a ton of other podcasts we cover. You can find all those through our blog. We are listener funded (for our hosting costs), and we appreciate any help you can give us with that too. :)

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ThePickle

Awesome.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

Just downloaded it, can't wait to listen to it once I've listened to all of 2010

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Joker369

Thanks. It's awesome to have a lot of the Nintendo download segments all in one place.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maajin

Oh, you're the duder responsible for This Year? I feel bad now, wish I would have thanked you before... but you're doing god's work, man. I really enjoy listening to these, they're are awesome.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

That has to be the most tedious project ever. You're amazing, duder. (and since there are always requests in these threads... MBMBaM? :P)

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

@Maajin said:

Oh, you're the duder responsible for This Year? I feel bad now, wish I would have thanked you before... but you're doing god's work, man. I really enjoy listening to these, they're are awesome.

Thanks!

@ShaggE said:

That has to be the most tedious project ever. You're amazing, duder. (and since there are always requests in these threads... MBMBaM? :P)

Thanks! Yeah, we'll eventually get around to that. I've listened to a few episodes of that show and I liked it, so I do plan to get to that at some time. My problem is that my morning commute has just gotten shorter, so I don't have as much time for podcasts as I did in the past. Otherwise I'd probably be listening to shows like MBMBaM more regularly. But we will be getting to that, yes.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaggE

@ZanzibarBreeze said:

Thanks! Yeah, we'll eventually get around to that. I've listened to a few episodes of that show and I liked it, so I do plan to get to that at some time. My problem is that my morning commute has just gotten shorter, so I don't have as much time for podcasts as I did in the past. Otherwise I'd probably be listening to shows like MBMBaM more regularly. But we will be getting to that, yes.

Be glad, it always sucks catching up on an awesome podcast and then being stuck waiting for each new episode, haha.

Oh, and This Year is, in a roundabout way, how I discovered the Gamespy Debriefings/Comedy Button, so double thank you. :D

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By rachelepithet

Way to go, bro. These things make my day. Perfect for a marathon TF2 Mann vs Machine night.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Pie

Awesome stuff

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DeadPan

Once again sir, awesome stuff

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

I somehow managed to forget just how annoying Leigh Alexander was on that E3 Bombcast. Now it's been seared into my brain for another year. Thanks This Year.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#13  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@OneAndOnlyBigE said:

I somehow managed to forget just how annoying Leigh Alexander was on that E3 Bombcast. Now it's been seared into my brain for another year. Thanks This Year.

This Year: Helping you relive the trauma of E3's past in 6-8 hour chunks!

In all seriousness, I love that you guys do these.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

@ShaggE said:

Oh, and This Year is, in a roundabout way, how I discovered the Gamespy Debriefings/Comedy Button, so double thank you. :D

Cool! I've heard mixed things about The Comedy Button, but in sum I guess there's more good feedback about it than there is bad, so maybe I should check it out.

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

Way to go, bro. These things make my day.

Thanks!

@OneAndOnlyBigE said:

No, thank you! :)

@ArbitraryWater said:

In all seriousness, I love that you guys do these.

Thanks!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShaggE

@ZanzibarBreeze said:

@ShaggE said:

Cool! I've heard mixed things about The Comedy Button, but in sum I guess there's more good feedback about it than there is bad, so maybe I should check it out.

It's definitely not for everyone, as it's very "cross the line twice" style offensive, but they can be painfully funny. I can imagine that the people who complain about off-topic talk in the Bombcast would hate it, though... even when it was a gaming podcast, it was extremely rare to hear them discuss games, haha.