Weird podcast this week?

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Leptok

Just gotten into the news segment, taking a break. But damn, the podcast seems to have a weird vibe going on this week Or is it just me?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

He is watching. 

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Leptok

They all seem on edge or something. And it almost seems like they recorded it on friday.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Slaker117

Pretty sure it was recorded on Friday.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Leptok: Well, they DEFINITELY didn't record it Monday, so they probably did record Friday. I think it's pretty entertaining, though.

(I'll continue to be bummed out that there'll be almost no content this week all the same.)

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Chris2KLee

@Slaker117 said:

Pretty sure it was recorded on Friday.

Yeah, I remember saying they were going to do that because of the 4 day weekend they were taking. Also, there isn't really anything coming out right now so there isn't much to talk about.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By buzz_clik

@Leptok said:

They all seem on edge or something.

Quiet, you fool! Do you want Tim Langdell to sue you for using that word?

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UnrealDP

They skipped right over the 4th of july recap which is always amazing! Any 4th of july converation i've ever had with another human being has always been amazing, so im pretty bummed they skipped right over that. I might just be paranoid, but i think this podcast was recorded last week and the 4th of july had simply not yet occurred.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It obviously wasn't recorded on their regular schedule and they sounded more tired than usual. I found it to be pretty boring and the Journey segment was useless (not funny or informative).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It pains me to hear everyone be generally dismissive of Journey. :[

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By grilledcheez

You guys are funny, and now I'm off to listen to this abomination of a bombcast.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#12  Edited By Brackynews

@Leptok: You know that feeling when you have to do one more thing before heading home for a long weekend?

That's what the podcast sounded like. And that's totally fine.

CAEX cast next week! Woo!

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah i was looking forward to their recaps...  oh well, ill just wait till they release another one next week

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By psylah

The GB crew are actually Nexus-series replicants.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By DeeGee

It was recorded on Friday.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Elazul

Well I can't say I noticed it being particularly "weird" about it but it was definitely recorded last week.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Only 94 minutes long, I think it's the shortest Bombcast ever.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By penguindust
@Mr_Skeleton said:

Yeah, I think that's what makes it really weird. 
psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By psylah

@PenguinDust said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Yeah, I think that's what makes it really weird.

I just listened to it twice, replicated the usual podcast.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Yanngc33

Here's my question: when your job consists of playing video games, how can you complain or sound tired? You have the best job in the world, you're not working in a coal mine. I know there are meetings but they spend most of their day gaming. I don't want this to turn into the whine fest that is TalkRadar

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By phantomzxro
@Yanngc33 said:
Here's my question: when your job consists of playing video games, how can you complain or sound tired? You have the best job in the world, you're not working in a coal mine. I know there are meetings but they spend most of their day gaming. I don't want this to turn into the whine fest that is TalkRadar

I have not listen to the podcast yet but i guess they are tired and want to get to there weekend.  

But come on man how can you say somethinglike that, we are not soccor moms or uninformed people who just think they play games all day. They do real work which mirrors most job that are in the media or press.
Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Flaboere
@Yanngc33 said:
I don't think they spend most of their time playing games. Even so, that would certainly tire me out. Energy levels simply drop on front of a screen. I think they spend quite alot of time recording videos and editing, reviewing and so on. Sure, it's not a cole-mine, but that doesn't mean you can't be tired. And, no offence to the Bombcast Crew, but they aren't excactly images of energy-filled, fit people. 
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShaggE
@Yanngc33 said:
Nothing sucks the fun out of games like playing them for a living. You have to really love gaming to make it your job. 
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Gabriel

@Yanngc33 said:

Suckle at the sweet tits of envy.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By l4wd0g

it was recorded on a Friday. They probably didn't want to be there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

For being the only listenable video game podcast I think they can do the occasional 90 minute Bombcast especially considering how much effort went into the E3 shows.  
Fuck it we should go to the Giant Bomb headquarters and protest this injustice.  No more Bombcast under 2 1/2 hours or we riot.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By RTSlord

it was all that talk of journey and jeff just being confused as hell the whole time

ryno9881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryno9881

@RTSlord said:

it was all that talk of journey and jeff just being confused as hell the whole time

That was probably the funniest part. Besides Vinny saying Brad had a giant boner.

Max_Hydrogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Max_Hydrogen

Seems like they're trying to promote games that aren't that impressive...

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By alternate
@Yanngc33 said:
Doesn't matter what your job is - not that I agree about video games journo being such an amazing job - you can still feal tired at the end of a working week.  If your job was banging supermodels or chief weed tester I am sure you are still ready for the weekend sometimes. 

I am sure the  4 day break will increase energy levels - just ready for California Extreme to sap them.
paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By paradox121
@Soapy86 said:

It pains me to hear everyone be generally dismissive of Journey. :[

I don't think they were dismissive so much as just taking the piss out of Brad for struggling to describe it. Even so, I doubt many of the guys will like it in the end but meh.... 
Like people have said, it was recorded on a Friday so everyone was probably tired and itching to go out 4th July-ing. I found it weird because it was almost like a quick look recap, where they all basically described what had happened while they played the games for the quick looks to each other. 
KensterFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By KensterFox

@Mr_Skeleton: Since I am the guy that knows these kinds of things, no, it's not the shortest Bombcast ever, in fact, quite a number of the 2008 Bombcasts were shorter, as were a number recorded at a show (E3, PAX, TGS), to talk about the plot/mechanics of a certain game, to talk with PR or developers of a certain game, or for the Game of the Year deliberations.

It is the shortest "regular" Bombcast since June 6, 2009, the week after E3. That one clocked in at a mere one hour, seventeen minutes, six seconds.

The shortest "regular" Bombcast was the one immediately after they launched the site, on July 22, 2008, at 45-and-a-half minutes.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@KensterFox: Wow you are like a living encyclopaedia for useless Giant Bomb information and I salute you for that. Consider yourself followed.

nickystixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nickystixx

They do sound tired and ready to get the hell out of the office. Oh well at least a bombcast was put out on tuesday.

Apollo87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Apollo87

I hope that in the next bombcast they do the 4th of july recap, those are always great and since there aren't a lot of games coming out I think they can burn enough time talking about it.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By hockeymask27
@l4wd0g said:

it was recorded on a Friday. They probably didn't want to be there.

Most likely. Still enjoyed it for what it was. 
kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kishinfoulux

I didn't notice a difference at all. Was still quite entertaining. 

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DeadPan

They probably didnt want to be there, they have been in a pissy mood all week. Probably the week thats in it.

I normally love Jeff, but i found him a little bit unbearable on the podcast.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kingzetta

Well two weeks till we get some more Cathrine talk. then a month after that we'll get some Deus Ex talk, then a month after that shit will get real.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By FireBurger
@KensterFox said:

@Mr_Skeleton: Since I am the guy that knows these kinds of things, no, it's not the shortest Bombcast ever, in fact, quite a number of the 2008 Bombcasts were shorter, as were a number recorded at a show (E3, PAX, TGS), to talk about the plot/mechanics of a certain game, to talk with PR or developers of a certain game, or for the Game of the Year deliberations.

It is the shortest "regular" Bombcast since June 6, 2009, the week after E3. That one clocked in at a mere one hour, seventeen minutes, six seconds.

The shortest "regular" Bombcast was the one immediately after they launched the site, on July 22, 2008, at 45-and-a-half minutes.

Dude. What.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Three0neFive
@KensterFox said:

what the hell is wrong with you
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Anyone ever noticed that if you play the podcast at x2, you can get it done in half the time and it really doesn't even sound that fast.

Dudes talk slowly.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kishinfoulux
@DeadPan said:

They probably didnt want to be there, they have been in a pissy mood all week. Probably the week thats in it.

I normally love Jeff, but i found him a little bit unbearable on the podcast.

What do you mean?
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#44  Edited By EpicSteve

@Leptok said:

They all seem on edge or something. And it almost seems like they recorded it on friday.

Spoilers: They did record on Friday.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45  Edited By natetodamax

I didn't have any problems with the podcast at all. I enjoyed hearing Brad try to explain Journey to everyone.

Although I must say it has to be weird for everyone to sit there on a Friday and be like, "Yeah, that 4th of July weekend was crazy! I'm exhausted!" when it hadn't even happened yet.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By august

The podcast was fine. Great even.

Some of you sound like a bunch of gossipy old women if those old women were pimply teenagers with entitlement complexes.

KensterFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By KensterFox

@FireBurger said:

Dude. What.

@Three0neFive said:

what the hell is wrong with you

I do have a ridiculous amount of Bombcast trivia at my command... but, seriously, guys, this one wasn't hard, just sort the episodes by length in my media organizer (MediaMonkey Gold, by the way, check it out!) and look at the titles. Yes, I have all of the podcasts downloaded to my hard drive, but considering the fact that I listen to them more than once, that isn't THAT weird.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Leptok

@EpicSteve said:

@Leptok said:

Spoilers: They did record on Friday.

Yes yes, but they dont make that very obvious till the end. I had taken a break earlier and made this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d73e7a19677b
deactivated-5d73e7a19677b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yanngc33

It's a fun job but it's still a job-Cypress Hill

It's not all that it's cut out to be, I'd probably tired of playing a bunch of games and having to right reviews for everyone too. Some of which games probably are mediocre and boring