What do you think about a "SpoilerCast"?

snarekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By snarekick

I think it would be neat if the guys did a short spoiler podcast once in awhile featuring a specific game.

It could be along the lines of a quicklook, just two, or maybe 3 guys talking about a game they had all beat and being able to talk directly about plots and twists.

They don't seem to have an outlet for that info on the site and it would be neat to hear them talk in specifics rather than vaguely describing things

What do you think?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

They have done a few in the past, but I would like it to happen more frequently.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By cutyoface

This has been done before but I hope they do it again with The Walking Dead.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By impartialgecko

As long as the game deserves it. We don't need another Spore-cast.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zaccheus

Spoilercasts are great, I hope they could make more of them.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

@adam1808 said:

As long as the game deserves it. We don't need another Spore-cast.

Good or mediocre, it's still fun hearing about a game in a more in-depth way. I know it didn't com close to living up to expectations, but I still personally loved Spore.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By probablytuna

They should do one for The Walking Dead after Jeff has finished it.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By buft

The gameof the year stuff is very much a spoiler cast.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icemo

They did talk about The Walking Dead spoilercast in one of the bombcasts, so I think they will do it. Just wait couple of weeks.

ajkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ajkent

I love listening to their thoughts on major story points. I'd take more, but I can't imagine they would do one around GOTY podcasts. Too much time in one small room.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By glyn

Mass Effect 3 video spoiler cast

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Drebin_893

They used to be the best things, the MGS4 Spoilercast is still one of my favourites to go back to.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By GeekDown

They need to do one for The Walking Dead. I really want to hear their opinions of the ending.

megatronicles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By megatronicles

They really need to do one for the walking dead if they're going to keep talking about it. I've not played it myself but its kind of annoying when all they can say is "that bit where that thing happens".

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Icemo: I'm pretty sure they said that part of their GotY discussions are going to essentially end up being the Walking Dead spoilercast.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By alternate

GOTY serves as a general spoiler cast. TWD bound to be discussed and spoilt within this years.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Butler

As long as everyone on the cast has played the game in question I would love for them to talk about spoilers much more frequently. I feel if they waited to discuss it because the game was new and they didn't want to spoil it for the audience listening to it, I would have qualms with that.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EXTomar

I generally don't think "spoilercasts" are necessary for a show like Bombcast. If they want to discuss it with spoilers during an episode they should do it right then instead of breaking it out into another recording.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toowalrus
@EXTomar said:

I generally don't think "spoilercasts" are necessary for a show like Bombcast. If they want to discuss it with spoilers during an episode they should do it right then instead of breaking it out into another recording.

See, I disagree. I didn't get a chance to play MGS4 until just last year, and going back to the MGS4 spoilercast was awesome- it would have been a bummer if I had to dig through random podcasts from around that time and skip to the middle to hear that stuff. I also hate it when podcasts do that bullshit "If you don't want this spoiled, skip ahead like 15 minutes" thing.
EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EXTomar

But I don't believe they should feel compelled to restrict what they say either. If you are talking about more "structured" podcast then doing a separate podcast makes sense but the way Bombcast works is very much "guys shooting the breeze about what they play". If they want to talk about a spoiler aspect of the game then they should or that part of the segment becomes stilted.

This also means that they are free to talk about it in spoiler free terms too. If they had a separate "spoilercast" then discussion might be entirely muted and saved for that which I am not sure is good for the Bombcast.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cthomer5000

@alternate said:

GOTY serves as a general spoiler cast. TWD bound to be discussed and spoilt within this years.

Not really though. They tend to dance around things, then only get specific when pressed. I would enjoy a more flat-out "there be spoilers here" type advance notice, so they can just relax and get down to discussing how they feel about a game. For such a personality-driven site, i'm surprised they've let this feature die.

If they do them as seperate podcasts they are easy to skip or to come back to as well, which is useful. I have even listened to a few of the in-depth spoiler/specific-casts for games i haven't even played in the past and enjoyed them. Sometimes if you know you have no interest in a game you actually welcome an in-depth discussion of it.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@cthomer5000 said:

@alternate said:

Not really though. They tend to dance around things, then only get specific when pressed. I would enjoy a more flat-out "there be spoilers here" type advance notice, so they can just relax and get down to discussing how they feel about a game. For such a personality-driven site, i'm surprised they've let this feature die.

If they do them as seperate podcasts they are easy to skip or to come back to as well, which is useful. I have even listened to a few of the in-depth spoiler/specific-casts for games i haven't even played in the past and enjoyed them. Sometimes if you know you have no interest in a game you actually welcome an in-depth discussion of it.

Not to mention it's only once a year. A Mass Effect 3 spoilercast would've been awesome a month or two after it was out, but now it's been so long that I don't really care.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShadyPingu

Spoilercasts are cool. I wouldn't mind more candid discussions of game stories on the regular cast though.

I find that games with stories I care about, I buy them week one and blow through them, so I'm rarely in danger of getting spoiled. And with games I know I'll never play, I'd like to hear about purely for entertainment value. For instance, I will never play Spec Ops: The Line, and I'd love to hear Jeff break down exactly how nutso that game gets.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cooljammer00

It's just rarer and rarer these days for them to have time to have all of them play a game and then do a special podcast about the game when it is new and fresh.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By korolev

I would love more spoiler casts. But the reason why there aren't that many is due to the fact that it is rare for them to all play a game to completion at the same time. It would only work if 3+ of the bombcast played it and finished it within the same time for it to be relevant.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By MudMan

I think we're all way too scared of spoilers, to the industry's detriment. It's rarely that big of a deal and it prevents mature, interesting discussions about story-driven games from happening. I agree, more spoilercasts, even if one of the participants is in fact getting spoiled himself, or just more "spoiler warning" gaps in regular bombcasts would be great. 999, Mass Effect 3, TWD, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2... a bunch of games they discussed this year and last year would have benefited from this.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By abendlaender

I'd love to hear more spoilercasts

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Slab64

@NoelVeiga said:

I think we're all way too scared of spoilers

QFT

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#29  Edited By Little_Socrates

@NoelVeiga said:

I think we're all way too scared of spoilers, to the industry's detriment. It's rarely that big of a deal and it prevents mature, interesting discussions about story-driven games from happening. I agree, more spoilercasts, even if one of the participants is in fact getting spoiled himself, or just more "spoiler warning" gaps in regular bombcasts would be great. 999, Mass Effect 3, TWD, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2... a bunch of games they discussed this year and last year would have benefited from this.

@Oscar__Explosion said:

They have done a few in the past, but I would like it to happen more frequently.

These two things are probably true. That said, I'm furious at Ubisoft for showing the two best scenes of Far Cry 3 at two separate E3 press conferences when nothing in the game was even close to as good.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By MudMan

@Little_Socrates: I think there's a difference between putting too much into the marketing of a game that isn't out yet and being afraid to talk about a game that is out for the sake of the people who haven't played it (or finished it) yet.