• 70 results
#1 Posted by Seppli (11232 posts) -

#2 Edited by Seppli (11232 posts) -

So the Bombcast crew are of the opinion that Sony will have to showcase at least one game at their upcoming PS4 reveal event on the 20th. What do you think will it be, if that's the case?

I think it'll be Battlefield 4. It's Call of Duty's main competitor, with which Microsoft has a timed exclusivity deal, which has proven to be one of its biggest trumps this generation. It runs on a bleeding edge engine, that's capable of so much more than what we've seen thus far. Battlefield 4 will most likely come out smack in the middle of the estimated launch window for the PS4, and I just know DICE will blow minds with it.

I think that'll be the game Sony will go with on the 20th. Battlefield 4 is a safe bet to stir some major hype, it serves the purpose of being a tech demo perfectly with its scale and scope, and they're not revealing too much of their hand for E3 either. So that's my guesstimate. What game is your bet on?

#3 Posted by bibamatt (1129 posts) -

Rumours are that they're gonna have a Kinect-like camera solution. Wondering whether we'll see something similar to when Microsoft first showed the Kinect? Not the Cirque du Soleil stuff, but the tech demos (skateboard kid, etc)... So no games specifically, just a bunch of tech demos?

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (17359 posts) -

None. Its going to be a lot of flashy tech demos. They dont reveal their hand for software until E3.

#5 Posted by paulwade1984 (493 posts) -

Uncharted 4. However the shitty quality of Internet video even at 1080p means we won't appreciate the nuances of how amazing it will look.

#6 Posted by Marz (6072 posts) -

nothing, they will name drop the official name, probably show some specs and we'll learn more about games at GDC and E3.

#7 Posted by pr1mus (4158 posts) -

A new Final Fantasy VII tech demo.

#8 Posted by SlashDance (1867 posts) -

My guess is they show nothing but hardware until E3.

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (10827 posts) -

Final Fantasy Versus XIII of course.

#10 Posted by ShaggE (8563 posts) -

Jerry Rice & Nitus' Dog Football 2: Wide Retriever.

#11 Posted by cloudymusic (1971 posts) -

A new Ridge Racer.

#12 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (854 posts) -

Didn't some leak say they were planning on having a new Uncharted at launch? My guess is that they'll show that and little else.

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (14737 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite!

Wait, that's a PlayStation exclusive, right?

#14 Posted by Animasta (14906 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

oh man this would be so good

#15 Posted by Kidavenger (4246 posts) -

I bet we'll see whatever Sucker Punch has been working on, It's been a long time since Infamous 2 came out, they must be pretty far along on whatever they have been working on.

#16 Posted by AgnosticJesus (547 posts) -

Calling All Cars 2

#18 Posted by Funkydupe (3613 posts) -

I hope they pull David Cage out of a hat and he has a new Heavy Rain inspired game going.

#19 Posted by Fredchuckdave (10674 posts) -

Witcher 3 if they were smart; but realistically some shitty launch title.

#20 Posted by Flappy (2415 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

As far as I'm concerned, this is the only right answer.

#21 Posted by mikey87144 (2108 posts) -

Probably Gran Turismo 6. That's Sony's biggest money maker by far and it's still far and a way the sales king for sim racing games. I wouldn't be surprised if a GT6 prologue is a launch game.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
#22 Posted by White_Silhouette (511 posts) -

My guess. No games but tech demos . The official name of the unit but no price point or launch date. Possible they will show of some of it's features/specs.

#23 Posted by Insectecutor (1253 posts) -

Voted new IP, but really I doubt they will show any gameplay.

I bet they'll show a tech demo that will eventually become a new IP, or a tech demo that shows you your favourite Sony characters like you'venever seen them before. Yech.

#24 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2486 posts) -

The next Call of Duty in Sony's attempt to steal Microsoft's timed exclusive content.

#25 Posted by phantomzxro (1613 posts) -

If we are being real i think we will see the Quantic Dream game that they are working on for next gen. I think it will be on the same level as kara more of a tech demo if you will. I also think we will see something from naughty dog that is not uncharted.

#26 Posted by uniform (1842 posts) -

MediEvil 3 and a new Ecco the Dolphin.

#27 Posted by Kidavenger (4246 posts) -

@phantomzxro said:

If we are being real i think we will see the Quantic Dream game that they are working on for next gen. I think it will be on the same level as kara more of a tech demo if you will. I also think we will see something from naughty dog that is not uncharted.

We've already seen both those things, Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us, I seriously doubt either company will have anything worth showing beyond their current projects.

#28 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2038 posts) -

A new Crash Bandicoot made by Naughty Dog.

#29 Edited by phantomzxro (1613 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

@phantomzxro said:

We've already seen both those things, Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us, I seriously doubt either company will have anything worth showing beyond their current projects.

Well Quantic Dream is working on a next gen game that is code named singularity and some have found domain registered under ps4 singularity. To have that slip i would bet its has some tech demo ready to be showcased at some point. Now with naughty dog they are a pretty big team now that has split into two teams.

So i could see team A finishing up on last of us while team B is working on something new that could be ready by ps4 launch. I don't think it would be uncharted 4 since that won't make it by launch time, so i could see them working on a new IP or an older one.

I could be wrong because there are a few other Sony studios that have been pretty quite lately, so i could see studio japan or something from the other studios working on something

#30 Posted by ExplodeMode (851 posts) -

Guerrilla (Killzone) has been quiet since 3. Naughtly Dog is doing the last of us, but they seem like they do 2 games at once.

Something from one or both of them if anything.

#31 Posted by Superkenon (1670 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

Unlikely, but still the first thing that came to my mind.

#32 Posted by riostarwind (1251 posts) -

I could see them showing a flashy CG trailer for a new IP and some tech demos.

#33 Posted by jay_ray (1532 posts) -

Rubber ducks in a bath tub?

#34 Posted by Gaff (2670 posts) -

@Jay_Ray said:

Rubber ducks in a bath tub?

This.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
#35 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1873 posts) -

Killzone 4 slated for 5 years after the original release date

#36 Posted by algertman (871 posts) -

Playstation All Stars Vita

#37 Posted by algertman (871 posts) -

FFVII remake with Lighting replacing Cloud.

#38 Edited by butano (1998 posts) -
#39 Posted by Zooey74 (59 posts) -

Super Wake Up Club

#40 Posted by papercut (4115 posts) -

Rubber Ducky Simulator 2014

More realistically they will probably do tech demos.

If the do choose a game I'd like to see "one of those PC games" from E3 like 1313 or Watchdogs.

#41 Posted by Mr_Antimatter (5 posts) -

Honestly? My guess is ether a new IP from Naughty Dog, Early footage of Gran Turismo 6, Killzone 4, Hot shots golf 7, or Metal Gear.

If they wanted to create a stir? Final Fantasy 14 or 15 running on ps4, Syphon Filter, or Planet Side 2.

Bricks were crapped: Monster Hunter 4 HD, Zone of the Enders 3, or Everquest Next.

You could make an argument for any of those, but I think the first two catagories, at least in video form, are most likely.

#42 Posted by Berserker976 (558 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles 4!

......What? I can dream :(

#43 Posted by BaneFireLord (3323 posts) -

LOOK HOW PRETTY FIFA LOOKS!

#44 Posted by NTA_Luciana (405 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

It's actually going to be Final Fantasy VI. And it's going to be a lot more tragic when that game never gets a remake of any kind, ever.

#45 Posted by AuthenticM (4322 posts) -

Killzone 4. I think they'll save Uncharted 4 for E3.

#46 Posted by DaMisterChief (612 posts) -

WONDER BOOK 2

#47 Posted by PillClinton (3586 posts) -

Probably Gran Turismo 6. That's Sony's biggest money maker by far and it's still far and a way the sales king for sim racing games. I wouldn't be surprised if a GT6 prologue is a launch game.

No, goddamnit! No more prologues! Just release the damn game when it's done.

#48 Posted by Legion_ (1718 posts) -

CRASH BANDICOOT

#49 Posted by dungbootle (2502 posts) -

One photo-realistic Darkwing Duck.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
#50 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2048 posts) -

@algertman said:

FFVII remake with Lighting replacing Cloud.

So... FFVII?

*finger guns*