Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Two q's:

iOS:

What is the best podcast app?

I want premium podcasts on my phone can i do it?

jd_delgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jd_delgado

Downcast. And yes you can add premium podcasts, but regardless of which app it tends to be rather cumbersome unfortunately.

jackgordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jackgordon

Been using Downcast to listen to the bombcast for about 18 months or something now, never failed to let me down.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By samfo

Any instructions on how to add premium casts?

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By samfo

Hey guys, So is there no way to add premium podcasts to an iphone app?

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nnickers

I actually just figured this out last month. I just use the stock Apple app because I don't even know how another could be any different, so this is all with iTunes (I'm also on a Mac, so some of the items may be in different places but I assume its the same general process).

I don't have it up now, but there's a url for the premium feed. I simply searched the forums for help with the premium feed, and there are posts within several threads that give the url address. Once you find this, in iTunes go to file and you'll see "Subscribe to Podcast." Click this, and it will bring up a box asking for a url address. Simply paste the url into this box, click ok, and then type in your GB username and password when prompted. And that's it; once you know how to do it, it's incredibly simple.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you asked for iOS but if anyone comes in here wondering about Android then the answer to that is PocketCasts (Which is also available for iOS). It just works! They have some weird way for updating the podcasts so they update when they're released instead of pinging the servers every few hours/days/weeks etc. checking for new podcasts. I can't remember how they do it but it made sense when I read about it :P.

Also one of their big things is that it syncs between devices. You do have to make a separate account but it's really neat to be able to listen to a podcast in my car and then be able to pick it up at the same spot on my laptop or tablet or something.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ilikepopcans

I use icatcher on IOS. I like it. Some notable technical issues here and there, but its been good and adding the premium feed is really easy.

And to add premium podcasts, go to the part in your app that asks for a URL, the URL will be the one you get when you go to one of the podcast page on GB and click on the orange RSS button. The page you are taken to, is the url to add in the app. If its one of the premium feeds, then you will need to input your login info.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

On Android I use Podkicker 4.2. They just revamped the free player and it is even a bit better than before.

L0dric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

@samfo: In Downcast you take this link and add it as a podcast manually. Then you go to that feeds settings in your podcast list and sign in using your Giant Bomb credentials.

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: I also use Podkicker and it really became a lot better after the redesign. What I like about it in comparison to most other apps is that it's very simple and lean, no dumb suggestions. It organizes subscriptions, downloads episodes, plays them. Not much else you would need a podcast app to do.