What kind of podcast would you personally like to hear?

• 109 results
Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm pretty happy with both the Bombcast and Beastcast right now. They're both the right length for how they fit into my week and for how much or how little is going on in the world of video games and (mostly) related subjects.

I have to say that I'm actually pretty impressed with the level of energy both crews still have given how difficult things have been elsewhere in games related media. A lot of these guys have weathered a lot of change in the state of gaming over the years and we've seen that cause burnout in a lot of other people to the point they left games media altogether. I was rewatching some early Whiskey Media Happy Hour stuff the other day and, while I miss some of the spontaneity of that early material, I appreciate that their production process has streamlined a lot over time and that there were more misses early on than we sometimes think through our rose-tinted glasses.

I'd like to see Danswers return personally but I think it needs to be seasonal. Plan for X number of episodes with the right number of guests ahead of time with a theme to each episode. Dan and Danny are dynamic enough people that they'd still have that spontaneity that shows needs but it would keep it from dying on the tail end IMHO.

I'd like to hear Austin do more interviews. Those bits are interesting especially when he talks with designers and gets designers to open up more about their thought process. The change I'd like to see is for him to mix up talking with indie designers with more AAA designers just so there's some contrast in what's being presented and so that everyone gets out of their comfort zone.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Man, I really miss Behind The Screened Door being a regular thing.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would really love a comic book podcast, but I don't know how much excitement there would be among the crew for that.

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

science podcast, or maybe a pseudoscience to be accurate.

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

I know that I do not want to hear a music podcast - strictly because my tastes (prog) are not well-received by the crew

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#106  Edited By monkeyking1969

Jeff's ASMR corner. Jeff actually has a great voice range, and I can see one of his smooth, low voice characters being great ASMR.

But, seriously, I think they need an interview show. Yes, Austin has been filling on here and there with interviews. Austin does a fantastic job of grabbing people at trade-shows for quick interviews, his vast knowlege is useful in off the cuff interviews. However, I think GB needs a proper interview show, where the guests are planned to a certain extent and are heavy hitters.

Their offices is in SF for gods sake, they could easily get someone cool from the industry twice a month for an interview. What is the point of being on the West Coast, in the Bay Area if they are not reaping the bounty of game development for interviews? They might as well all move somewhere cheaper if they are not using their location to make content.

Also, while I appreciate that GB has some extremely skilled videographers and engineers, they need to do some "guerrilla video" segments on the streets! I remember at past e3s, after a keynote or stage show they would stand outside to just talk. The video was on a portable camera or even a phone. Sure it wasn't neat and clean, but the raw 'just a moment after' videos were great. I actually prefer what they has to say when out on the street than what they do now, with dozens of guests and seat hoping in a converted ballroom. Yes, they have a "whatever dollar" Tricaster and sick cameras in the studio....but the weighted baggage of that sometimes stifals the off-the-cuff commentary. They could do with more freedom, and if they ditched the expensive equipment from time-to-time I think the content might seem zippier. I like Jar Time and Mailbag much more than I like Unprofessional Friday - I think most people do. And, lately I find Jeff's Drive time more interesting than the very stale Giant Bombcast.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By billmcneal

I know not much of the staff is into sports but if they ever had a podcast about sports or about a particular sport that would be cool. I have listened to a few of the Alt F1 podcasts but F1 really isn't my thing

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man, I really miss Behind The Screened Door being a regular thing.

Would be so good, I missed Rorie and Aelx's Screened.com

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked that podcast they did where they role played that movie type thing on the Beastcast. I was uncontrollably laughing for most of it. I think it may have been called fiasco or something. More of that.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Science.

Slaskenberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Slaskenberg

I would love to get a NHL/Hockey podcast from Alex and Jeff Bakalar.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dadcast would be amazing!

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giantbomb x Kinda Funny

trim_fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch3burashka: Absolutely agree with you on the video game music idea. It would be really cool if they had an established video game music composer be a guest and talk about the process of making music for video games.