#1 Posted by thegrumpskin (15 posts) -

I've heard of this famous discussion before, but I can only find it specifically on YouTube, and I want to listen to the full episode. Which episode is it from?

#2 Edited by htr10 (1000 posts) -

thegrumpskin marked this as the best answer

@thegrumpskin:

Try the Bombcast from December 17, 2013. I think that is the Ryu is a wizard episode.

#3 Edited by SethMode (1734 posts) -

I haven't listened to it yet, so this might be wrong but based on the description I think that this may be it?

https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-01-14-2014/1600-725/

Also, man, as good as knife/bat is, this might be my actual favorite discussion. Maybe it's just because I've heard knife/bat too much at this point.

#4 Posted by thegrumpskin (15 posts) -

@sethmode: I checked this episode earlier, but unfortunately it's only a followup discussion. So the episode would have been before this one. I'll probably work my way backwards from that episode and eventually I'll find it and post it here, unless someone else still knows it.

#5 Posted by Deathstriker (1025 posts) -

I've never heard of this conversation so I just listened to the clip on YouTube. Ryu definitely isn't a wizard. Shooting energy doesn't automatically mean it's magic, by that logic Goku and Cyclops from X-Men are wizards too. I'd also add using magic doesn't automatically mean someone is a wizard.

#6 Posted by nutter (1630 posts) -

It’s a classic discussion. And, yes, Ryu is a wizard.

#7 Posted by gkhan (1034 posts) -

If you're looking for the conversation itself, it's up on YouTube:

Loading Video...

Lots of classic bombcast moments are on YouTube!

#8 Posted by htr10 (1000 posts) -

@gkhan:

He said he was looking for the full Bombcast episode. Had to be an episode at some point in late 2013 (or first week of 2014). Someone could read the Comments section for those Bombcasts and it should give away the episode.

#9 Edited by thegrumpskin (15 posts) -

@htr10: That's the one! Thank you.

#13 Posted by gkhan (1034 posts) -

@tblh771 said:

It’s a classic discussion. And, yes, Ryu is a wizard.

Ryu is not a wizard. A hadoken is not magic, it's like projecting force or whatever! He's a karate man, not a wizard!

#20 Posted by cheburashka (14 posts) -

@gkhan: Jeff was right, it's different names for the same shit.