When do the GOTY podcasts start?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pompouspizza

Obviously they do it in sections but when do the start putting them up?.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

it says right there on the main page

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By doobie

they've been cancelled this year due to a swarm of killer swans

swanbies if you will, fooking lethal!

Chronologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Chronologist

In 5 hours, according to the main page.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

FUCK RYAN DAVIS

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RazielCuts

So are the podcasts going to be in video or what then? Because it says 'Day One Recap - Video'. Seems a bit counter intuitive to have the discussions come out at the same time as the winners.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

@RazielCuts said:

So are the podcasts going to be in video or what then? Because it says 'Day One Recap - Video'. Seems a bit counter intuitive to have the discussions come out at the same time as the winners.

they always have so why would now be different

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rattle618

Good for you for being polite, the title I would have chosen would read something along the lines of "How about some content motherfuckers".

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By cutyoface

In about 4 and a half hours from now.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Christoffer

4 hours to finish all the games that came out this year. C'mon people, crunch time.

all millions games

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RazielCuts

@Rhaknar said:

@RazielCuts said:

'They always have'...what? Done the GOTY podcasts in video form? Nope. Put out the discussion podcasts at the time as the winner page articles? Nope, because that wouldn't make sense. 'Listen to our lengthy podcasts and hear our in depth discussions, the back and forth on this years winners'...'Actually fuck that, here's them in a list instead.' So what part of what I siad have they always done?

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jothel

@RazielCuts said:

@Rhaknar said:

@RazielCuts said:

'They always have'...what? Done the GOTY podcasts in video form? Nope. Put out the discussion podcasts at the time as the winner page articles? Nope, because that wouldn't make sense. 'Listen to our lengthy podcasts and hear our in depth discussions, the back and forth on this years winners'...'Actually fuck that, here's them in a list instead.' So what part of what I siad have they always done?

They have always put out the bombcast at the same time as the articles and no one has ever had a problem with it until you, now. Just learn self control...

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Winternet

whaa whaa

Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Balex1908

@RazielCuts said:

@Rhaknar said:

@RazielCuts said:

There is always a recap video and there is always a podcast with the discussions on the same day. Crazy thought, listen to the podcast first and then watch the video.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RazielCuts said:

@Rhaknar said:

@RazielCuts said:

Every part of what you said they have always done. The obliviousness in this post is actually hilarious.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By EpicSteve

@SecondPersonShooter said:

@RazielCuts said:

@Rhaknar said:

@RazielCuts said:

Every part of what you said they have always done. The obliviousness in this post is actually hilarious.

They have always done a podcast and a video recap that just goes through their list of whatever awards they chose during the podcast. Based on looking at the schedule on the front page, seems like this year will be no different.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RazielCuts

@EpicSteve said:

@RazielCuts said:

@Rhaknar said:

@RazielCuts said:

They have always done a podcast and a video recap that just goes through their list of whatever awards they chose during the podcast. Based on looking at the schedule on the front page, seems like this year will be no different.

It's like you people didn't even read what I said...I'm talking about the timing of it all, not the fact these things are even happening. They usually have the build up of discussion in Podcast form, having it out and debating whats on the list, who won what category etc first THEN they have the recap of 'who won' in Video and Article form.

My original thing was as it says on the Coming Soon bar 'Game of the Year 2012: Day One Recap' and when you hover over it says 'Video'. So yeah, is that going to be the podcasts in video form or is that the run down vid they do of who won? Because surely if we see who won first in the recap video before the podcasts we lose following the build up of how they got there with the decisions made!

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By dtat

@RazielCuts said:

That's what they do every year. You decide if you want to spoil it and watch the video first.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RazielCuts said:

@EpicSteve said:

@RazielCuts said:

@Rhaknar said:

@RazielCuts said:

It's like you people didn't even read what I said...I'm talking about the timing of it all, not the fact these things are even happening. They usually have the build up of discussion in Podcast form, having it out and debating whats on the list, who won what category etc first THEN they have the recap of 'who won' in Video and Article form.

My original thing was as it says on the Coming Soon bar 'Game of the Year 2012: Day One Recap' and when you hover over it says 'Video'. So yeah, is that going to be the podcasts in video form or is that the run down vid they do of who won? Because surely if we see who won first in the recap video before the podcasts we lose following the build up of how they got there with the decisions made!

No dude, we completely get what you're saying. It's just that they have done the exact same thing for a while and you seem to have lived in a parallel universe where they did not.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aegon

WHERE MA BOMBCAST DAMMIT

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21  Edited By Phatmac

Only an hour away! Too bad I'm on the road! :(

Darkhollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Darkhollow

These can't come out fast enough.

I'm looking forward to 5hours long podcasts in the next coming days.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pyrodactyl

WHERE IS IT??? We get results before the deliberations, that's stupid...

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By doomed

https://twitter.com/taswell

1 hour ago:

THIS IS A REAL CRAPPY TIME TO BE ALL CRAPPY AMAZON S3 WEBSERVICES.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Drebin_893

Is it going to be uploaded now? Or along side Brad's top ten? I don't want to watch the video until I listen to the podcasts but it's hard to stop myself.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By gamerpigeon

i dunno why they have this thing of releasing it all at once. I mean the huge majority will wait to hear the podcast before watching the video anyway. I know its what they have always done BUT there is simply no logic to revealing the conclusions of the discussions that will have been had on the podcasts before anyone gets a chance to actually hear them. Like Seriously it makes no fucking sense to do that all. Any possible problems like this prove that point more so

Jeff Gerstmann ‏jeffgerstmann

Sounds like taswell's Internet connection has gone rotten, so he's driving over to my driveway to upload today's podcast. pleasehold

At least it'll get fixed but i wonder why they dont just upload it earlier anyway

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pyrodactyl

@gamerpigeon: the video release was probably on a timer. The podcast, as always, is directly posted by ryan, which is maybe the stupidest thing about this site. Just build a goddamn back end so ryan can post podcasts in advance and release them on a timer, fuck...

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By dtat

@gamerpigeon said:

i dunno why they have this thing of releasing it all at once. I mean the huge majority will wait to hear the podcast before watching the video anyway. I know its what they have always done BUT there is simply no logic to revealing the conclusions of the discussions that will have been had on the podcasts before anyone gets a chance to actually hear them. Like Seriously it makes no fucking sense to do that all. Any possible problems like this prove that point more so

Jeff Gerstmann ‏jeffgerstmann

Sounds like taswell's Internet connection has gone rotten, so he's driving over to my driveway to upload today's podcast. pleasehold

At least it'll get fixed but i wonder why they dont just upload it earlier anyway

Haha! I get an image of them scrambling to upload the podcast and it makes me laugh XD Seriously why don't they just do it in advance?

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By peritus

@pyrodactyl said:

@gamerpigeon: the video release was probably on a timer. The podcast, as always, is directly posted by ryan, which is maybe the stupidest thing about this site. Just build a goddamn back end so ryan can post podcasts in advance and release them on a timer, fuck...

I actually kind of like it the way it is, makes it feel more real. Or something.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#30  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Aegon said:

WHERE MA BOMBCAST DAMMIT

SRSLY WHERE IT AT

galenblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By galenblade

Just popped up on the site.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShaggE

@pyrodactyl said:

Every Giant Bomb brand Bombcast is lovingly handcrafted out of the finest farm-fresh banter, with no artificial ingredients. Timers lend an impersonal, mechanical feel to the product.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gamerpigeon

@ShaggE said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Every Giant Bomb brand Bombcast is lovingly handcrafted out of the finest farm-fresh banter, with no artificial ingredients. Timers lend an impersonal, mechanical feel to the product.

All is forgiven. Down with Machines. I only want my podcasts to be Organic!!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pyrodactyl

That new musical intro is.......AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!