Which 1up podcast episode was Patrick talking about?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By psylah

Does anyone know which episode of the 1up yours podcast was the one where Denis Dyack takes out a stack of papers "and goes to town"? After looking on their podcast archive page, it looks like he's been on four or five times around 2008.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pretty sure it's the July 3rd 2008 one

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jewunit
psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By psylah

Thanks, you guys are the best.

@jewunit said:

Scroll down to the bottom of this blog. If it makes you nostalgic, you should go over the This Year podcast site and download the "Best of 1UP Yours" podcasts.

I also did this, but it is going to be HOURS of listening. I'll go through all of the years they cover, since from what I've seen around, 1up Yours is a highly revered podcast.

Edit: Also adding this video, I guess this is what Jeff was referring to in this video

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

Good luck listening to it. I was literally yelling at my... I think I was listening to podcasts on my PSP at the time... because I couldn't believe the self contradictory bullshit he was spewing. He would literally make one argument then make the complete opposite argument a minute later. And of course the people on the other side (David Ellis?) didn't put him on blast because they're not journalists. Man, just thinking about it is getting my hackles up.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

@psylah said:

Thanks, you guys are the best.

@jewunit said:

Scroll down to the bottom of this blog. If it makes you nostalgic, you should go over the This Year podcast site and download the "Best of 1UP Yours" podcasts.

I also did this, but it is going to be HOURS of listening. I'll go through all of the years they cover, since from what I've seen around, 1up Yours is a highly revered podcast.

The Dyack discussion is actually in one of those best-ofs ('07, I guess) so you can start there if you'd like.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Trilogy

I'm going to listen to it again. I remember it being a fascinating episode but that was under the context of that whole Dyack drama in its prime.

EvanFavreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By EvanFavreau

I haven't listened to this since 2008, but is it also where Dyack goes on and on about a one-console future?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I remember listening to this episode the day it came out and since then I've never thought positively of the dude. Also, Neogaf is awful and has almost always been awful.

@evanfavreau Didn't David Jaffe do the same on a 1Up Yours podcast?