Who Else is Sending in A Postcard to the Beastcast?

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Although I'm in New York I'm still sending the Beastcast a postcard. Would it be weird if I hand delivered it? I don't work too far away from their office, I just never dared go over there. I don't want to be that guy. Anyway, anyone else sending a postcard in?

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@striderno9: I wouldn't drop in on them unannounced shoot a message to Vinny, Alex, Dan or Abby and see how they feel about it.

I'm not sending one myself mainly out of laziness and I usually don't write into podcasts or shows I watch. I just never been that guy. I would like for them to read others though so I fully encourage others to.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Good advice on both accounts.

bawbalewie1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I won't send them one. It will be easier that way. My handwriting has often been mistaken for ransom notes

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably send one. I live in a pretty small town in Northern Ontario, I'm sure I could find a nice local postcard from one of our many natural attractions!

vsharres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably send one, thought I have no idea how much those cost here where am at. Since I live in Rio, there is quite a few options of cards to send, I'll probably send the least recognizable just for a change.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

whats teh address?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Definitely.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By matsemann08

I don't understand why they have the birthday wishes stuff on the beastcast. I tought they were gonna stop doing it, but then they suddenly started again a couple of months ago.

I don't get why they have it, it's fun for the person sending in the message, not for anyone else?

It's even worse in the newest episode. 13 minutes of birthday wishes with talking inbetween, I'd like to listen to the talking, not the postcards, so I can't just skip that part either.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I feel like they haven't solved any problems by moving this to a postcard system unless people lose interest in sending them cause it took them 10+ minutes to read out everyone's kisses.

PassiveSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's awesome for people to send them postcards. I'm sure they love the support and it would be cool if they are able to put them up on the wall. Just please don't request they read shout outs and kisses on the cheeks, it's gotten out of control and is really making the show drag at the end.

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why people are complaining about the podcast dragging at the end, especially yesterday's' Beastcast. They make it super clear it's the last thing they do. If you don't want to hear them read postcards, turn it off. For everyone else, it's fun.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honorary mention for Please Stop 2017

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By matsemann08
@punched said:

Not sure why people are complaining about the podcast dragging at the end, especially yesterday's' Beastcast. They make it super clear it's the last thing they do. If you don't want to hear them read postcards, turn it off. For everyone else, it's fun.

That's the whole point of what I wrote, even though it was at the very end they still talked about other stuff in-between the postcards, stuff I'd like to listen to, so I can't just skip the postcards without skipping part of conversation.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By odinsmana

@matsemann08 said:
@punched said:

That's the whole point of what I wrote, even though it was at the very end they still talked about other stuff in-between the postcards, stuff I'd like to listen to, so I can't just skip the postcards without skipping part of conversation.

To be fair the postcards are what prompted those convesations, so without the postcard bit you wouldn`t get the conversation bit either. Otherwise they would have just ended the podcast earlier instead.

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matsemann08: So you want to be able to listen to the conversation that comes from them reading postcards without listening to them reading postcards?

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's awesome for people to send them postcards. I'm sure they love the support and it would be cool if they are able to put them up on the wall. Just please don't request they read shout outs and kisses on the cheeks, it's gotten out of control and is really making the show drag at the end.

This is exactly how I feel. The "kiss on the cheek" used to be this nice and heartwarming closing to the podcast, but now it's just this forced thing that drags for way too long and lost all of it's true meaning.

But I'm fine if they do a bit of a selection and read some of the most interesting postcards they got. Just don't drag the kisses and get rid of the birthday wishes and shout outs.

With that said, maybe I would send them a postcard just as support and as a thank you, not asking for kisses or anything, but sending postcards from Europe to NY probably isn't cheap.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I'm in New York I'm still sending the Beastcast a postcard. Would it be weird if I hand delivered it? I don't work too far away from their office, I just never dared go over there. I don't want to be that guy. Anyway, anyone else sending a postcard in?

Just drop it in the mailbox. While they all seem like great people, they're at work. Don't make things weird for anyone. Save the "HEY GUYS, BIG FAN HERE!" stuff for something like PAX or a sanctioned meet up.