Why does the Bombcast go up so late now?

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The Bombcast tends to get posted so late in the Lockdown Times and I don't really understand why. It seems to still get recorded around the same time of day. I prefer to listen to the Bombcast in the evenings like I have for years, so I don't watch it live. It's currently 8:40 EDT, there are no live streams running, but the Bombcast still hasn't been posted. This really bums me out. It's been a part of my Tuesday routine for so long, and now I have no idea when to expect it or why it's so frequently delayed.

Sorry if this is just a paragraph of me whining, I just wish the podcast was on a more reliable schedule.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I know everyone is doing there best. It's just that over the years the Bombcast has been a reliable weekly thing that really helps with my anxiety (which is unsurprisingly worse lately), so when it's super late and I feel like I might not be able to listen on Tuesday night, I freak out a little bit.

I really do understand, and I know the current situation sucks for everyone for all sorts of reasons.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You can always watch the twitch archive. Not as convenient as a podcast, I know.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By clagnaught

During one of Alex’s drum streams, he mentioned how Vinny IM’d him about their Beastcast audio. I think everybody is recording audio locally and forwarding it over to whoever (sounds like Vinny for the Beastcast, and Brad for the Bombcast).

Now there’s a little more production overhead. It seemed like things were streamlined when they were doing it live in the studio. Now it seems more piecemeal / time consuming.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@clagnaught: When you're all streaming into the same mixing board, it's automatically handling latency and volume equalization and all that stuff, or at least it's making all that a lot easier. For those of us who usually watch the video version now, it's a little deceptive because it's clearly just the recording from the stream, but they're not just going to pull that for the audio version because it'd sound like hell without that video/live stream context.

In the case of this episode, Brad really needed to check the audio levels at a few different points in the podcast due to accidentally hitting links to Twitch streams and game trailers that, even in archived form, are super crazy loud compared to the speaking volume of the hosts. And if people are up to date they should be aware he's been accidentally doing that fairly often since his PC audio isn't separate from his podcast feed like it was back in the studio.

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone clearly wasn't around for the third season of the Giant Bombcast.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind it. I can catch it as soon as I finish work instead of coming home half-way through it.