Why pretend it's a different day?

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By TheAdmin

So the last Bombcast Ryan said "it comes out today" - but really, they record on Monday which confused poor Will into thinking it was the wrong day, etc, etc... 
anyway... Why pretend its Tuesday? Does it work better since when we listen it's Tuesday - so when they say "out today" - our brains think the right date? Would it matter if the said "tomorrow" which meant today?  Does anyone know why they don't actually record it on Tuesday? 

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Organicalistic_

time

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CandleJakk

I'm not sure of the time that the Bombcast is released in America's various time zones, but it can be anywhere between 1am - 3am GMT, which would suggest it's late morning - early afternoon in America.
If this is true, they wouldn't record on a Tuesday as the Audio needs editing and rendering, which takes a long time, so to get a consistent Tuesday release, prepping it all Monday afternoon provides a contingency in case a render goes wrong/fails/whatever.

As I mostly listen on a Wednesday, the today issue doesn't bother me. Also, when they say "released today" it generally means 'in two weeks for the UK'.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mowgers

Typically because games come out on Tuesday in the US, so the new releases segment is current. I'd imagine, anyway.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By the8bitNacho

Because then they'd confuse listeners.  Maybe not me, and maybe not you, but a lot of them.  

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Binman88

Recording it a day before gives them plenty of time to edit it. 

It comes out on a Tuesday so they say "today" in relation to when we are getting it to avoid confusion.

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By ErgoProxy77

I like to think of it as the weekly Bombcast.  It comes out every week, and that's enough for me.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nick_verissimo

Ya the date really isn't that big of a deal since  I generally get it late Tuesday night and don't listen to it until Wednesday. To that I listen to it multiple times during the week, so that part of the show never phases me.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By AndrewB

Most podcasts feel free to reveal that editing takes time and release is usually off by a day or so.