Will this weeks Bombcast be the most uninterested ever?

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cheapoz

Anyone who has listened to the Bombcast knows when a big game comes out that the whole team is hyped for, the subsequent show after is quite disinterested. 

You may recall earlier this year the show after SFIV came out, all four guys sounded like they couldn't WAIT to wrap up the show and get the hell outta there. 

I'm betting this week's cast will go for about 15 minutes tops, thoughts?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pazy

Even if they arent excited and dont have a lot to talk about they tend to go for an hour at least but I think they will be really excited since there are still a lot of games to come in the coming weeks.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By Suicrat

You used the proper prefix in the thread title, but the wrong one in the post. "Disinterested" means without a vested (usually wealth-oriented) interest. "Uninterested" means "couldn't care less".

Anyways, back on topic: Yeah, I have a hard time visualizing them filling out a full 2 hours this week. But who knows. I kinda would like to see them do a separate CODcast (kinda like the Solid-Snake-cast when they spoiled all of MGS4. That podcast actually made me want to go out and buy a PS3 and MGS4...) where they spoil the entire game. I'd listen to that while playing Burnout Paradise :p

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Captain_Insano

get Dave on to gush about Dragon Age (as well he should). Said 2 hours will fly by

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cheapoz
@Captain_Insano said:
" get Dave on to gush about Dragon Age (as well he should). Said 2 hours will fly by "
I think I'd listen to that for about 15 minutes tops, so I get the same result 

@Suicrat said:
" You used the proper prefix in the thread title, but the wrong one in the post.   
Covering all bases, hahah. 

FWIW, there's sure to be some haters in the thread here eventually, so I'll just clarify, if I was any one of the four guys I would be TOTALLY uninterested in talking about/doing anything else but playing MW2.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar

the way you talk makes it sound like they do the bombcast on their free time or something, which they dont, its part of their job, so its not like they cant ditch their job to go play videogames (even tho their job is to play videogames in part). and besides, you would think that they would be excited to talk about something they (probably) love

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

the way you talk makes it sound like they do the bombcast on their free time or something, which they dont, its part of their job, so its not like they cant ditch their job to go play videogames (even tho their job is to play videogames in part). and besides, you would think that they would be excited to talk about something they (probably) love

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

Don't recall them ever being like that when I listen, of course there going to talk about the latest games that's the whole point.  

In fact, what I love about the Bombcast is that unlike some other podcast I listen to, the lads don't wet themselves talking about games. Not like the garbage IGN podcast and 1Up podcast. 

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed

If by uninterested you mean "talk passionately about something you really like for an hour" then yeah Im all for this weeks being the most "uninterested"
Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Kibblez
@Suicrat said:
" You used the proper prefix in the thread title, but the wrong one in the post. "Disinterested" means without a vested (usually wealth-oriented) interest. "Uninterested" means "couldn't care less".  Anyways, back on topic: Yeah, I have a hard time visualizing them filling out a full 2 hours this week. But who knows. I kinda would like to see them do a separate CODcast (kinda like the Solid-Snake-cast when they spoiled all of MGS4. That podcast actually made me want to go out and buy a PS3 and MGS4...) where they spoil the entire game. I'd listen to that while playing Burnout Paradise :p "
Ho hum
markleonard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By markleonard

I'm looking forward to this one as much as any other, there has been an occasional correlation on slow news weeks with slightly less interesting podcasts, but the same is true of any media. 

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jkz

They've had the game for a while now, by recording time I think they'll be able to take a break

babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By babylonian

The idea of them liking MW2 so much that they won't be able to talk about it is one of the silliest made-up problems I've ever seen on here.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Jadeskye

They should do the bombcast while playing MW2 multiplayer in the same room. yes.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ht101

I bet it will be mostly about COD and I also think it won't go for 2 hours.  It might but I kind of doubt it.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Johnny5

If its mostly MW2 It'll be kinda meh for me. Hell I want more dragon age!!!!

Wunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Wunder

I do hope they'll do a CODcast, though hopefully in a week or so after I finished the Single Player... But I doubt the SP is so engrossing that it would warrant a separate podcast about it, I mean, it's no MGS. But yeah, I usually listen to the bombcast quite passively anyways but I really do love some of the guests they have on sometimes, like John Vignocchi!

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Binman88

I think they'll stay interested for the full 2 hours. I don't care if they talk at length about COD but I hope we don't hear too much mindless praise about things we've seen other games do in the past, like shooting down UAVs.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Red
@Binman88 said:
" I think they'll stay interested for the full 2 hours. I don't care if they talk at length about COD but I hope we don't hear too much mindless praise about things we've seen other games do in the past, like shooting down UAVs. "
What other games let you shoot down kill streaks?
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Driadon

I'd think it'd be the MOST interested, after all this may be the first podcast where they're all sitting around with their night vision goggles on.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Binman88
@Red said:
" @Binman88 said:
" I think they'll stay interested for the full 2 hours. I don't care if they talk at length about COD but I hope we don't hear too much mindless praise about things we've seen other games do in the past, like shooting down UAVs. "
What other games let you shoot down kill streaks? "
Do you mean UAVs? Battlefield 2 let you do that.
Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teh_Eel

If they start rambling on about MW2 for anything over 20 mins, which is more than likely as they all like the game, then it will be one I skip sadly.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Shadow

Hell no.  This will be MW2 infested and will undoubtedly go on fewer of those random tangents I love so much.
Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cheapoz

This weeks show is around 30 minutes shorter than average. That's quite the achievement. Well done.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I've never noticed this disinterest, and thought this week's Bombcast was pretty good.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By walreese55
@UnsolvedParadox said:
" I've never noticed this disinterest, and thought this week's Bombcast was pretty good. "
You have to remember, these are people hating on it based on pure speculation.
neon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By neon321

Never noticed it either, also +1 babillion points for Brad for mentioning Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Philantrophy

They need moar guests, those podcasts are always the funniest to me.