Would You Like Matt Rorie On Every Week As A Permanent Bombcaster?

rm082e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would You Like Matt Rorie On Every Week As A Permanent Bombcaster? (188 votes)

Yes 47%
No 54%

I thought having Matt on the show last week was great. Matt laughs a lot, and that's something I've felt has been missing since Ryan passed. Ryan was great at reacting to the jokes Vinny and Jeff would throw out, and without him, it feels like there's some empty space that needs to be filled.

I also want to hear more about PC stuff and MMOs. Rorie seems to be the only member of the team who's into that stuff. I appreciate his perspective.

• 
aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

I'm sure there are reasons why he isn't (see: not actually being a Giant Bomb staff member and having a busy schedule) but I would love it. He has a really infectious personality (and laughter) that I always love hearing.

That and I mean, who else is Jeff going to have a conversation with about the Dog Channel.

TwinkleTwinkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TwinkleTwinkle

I would love him to be on, not that I don't like Drew of course but nobody is like Matt.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Rorie's interests are the opposite of mine in some cases so whenever the conversation turns to something like fighting games or Final Fantasy XIV I either get frustrated at what he has to say or he's nothing to add.

If we're talking a 5 man podcast then hell yeah let's do it he would be a good addition, but I wouldn't sacrifice Jeff, Vinny, Brad or Drew's spot for him.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Everytime this is asked, I'll just say infinite yeses.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I love Matt and Drew, but I feel like Giantbomb really needs someone who can do what Ryan did, on the podcast and in general. I know that is a tall order and it's incredibly hard to find someone who can do those things and still fit in really well. But I just feel like the quality of everything has gone down significantly, which is understandable and totally expected. I know filling that void will take a long time and obviously you can never replace someone like Ryan, but that's just how I feel about all this.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love it but Rorie himself doesn't want to because he already does that stupid movie podcast, as if that was more important than the Giant Bombcast.

It really sucks but that's just how it is guess.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samael2138

He was saying in the GTA online stream chat that he doesn't want to spend that much time podcasting. The average Bombcast is close to 3 hours, thats nearly half a work day, plus he does the movie podcast. Not that I don't want him to be on the podcast, but I can totally understand his reasoning.

Edit: Yes=73%

No=30%

Total=103%..............Haven't we been over this before? You can't have more than a 100%!!!!!!!!!, lol

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

He doesn't want to, why should he feel obliged?

rm082e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rm082e

Nah.

He doesn't want to, why should he feel obliged?

He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to. I was just wondering what listeners thought. I figured maybe some feedback might be useful to the guys. If Matt isn't interested, that's fine - I'll enjoy him when he is on. :)

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to have him on because I think he provides a perspective on areas the other guys don't really get involved in, but if he doesn't want to then I'm not going to suggest he should be conscripted into service.

tooPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think he would need to round out his video game playing, but he probably has more validity than Drew.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'd love it but Rorie himself doesn't want to because he already does that stupid movie podcast, as if that was more important than the Giant Bombcast.

It follows his pattern of arbitrarily doing things or not doing things because of other things that aren't very closely related or pertinent to the thing he's doing or not doing.

Buble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Buble

I want GB to steal the Mcelroy brothers from Polygon. Is that an option?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Box Office Bomb is great and forces me to keep up on movies, don't hate.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

No, sorry Rorie.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

So why isn't Rorie on there yet? Is it because of his shameful foot attire?

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I would like that. It's not the end of the earth if he can't/doesn't want to be on the bombcast though.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the Bombcast already is barely about video games, so why not? His movie opinions are way, way more informed. So it'd be nice to get that sort of perspective in there when they start talking about 80's action flicks. Rorie is a cool dude. With good stories. That's why Drew works. I mean, he likes video games, but his biggest contributions are his awesome stories. I'm sure Rorie has some cool stuff to share, given his history in the industry.