Braid, Anniversary Edition coming in 2021

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Jonny Blow and Pals are making an anniversary edition of Braid. The main new thing is that they're going to do some very extensive developer commentary - they say they want to make the most in-depth commentary ever in a video game. Braid is probably the first game to ever make me think about game design as something more than just 'make it fun' so I'm pretty on board for that. Their website says they're aiming for Q1 2021, so I look forward to its eventual release in 2024 or whatever.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It already had the most in-depth commentary ever. If only we had a real E3 this year, Jonathan Blow could have accidentally left it in a backpack to be stolen by the GB crew and the wait would be over. damn you 2020!

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great stuff. I would've bought it anyway but I'm really looking forward to the commentary, that's a damn nice addition. Hmm... I haven't played Braid for years now that I think about it...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Braid and I'm kind of intrigued by the commentary idea, but I don't feel like I need to play that game again. It was really good for its era and helped redefine what a 2D downloadable game could be at that time but I feel like by today's standards it's very short and doesn't fully iterate on its ideas (though it definitely had some interesting ideas.)

I'd honestly rather see a sequel or at least expanded edition. I guess it will be cool for those who never got around to the original though.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might pick it up. I played the demo back on XBLA and it didn't stick.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of my all-time favorites and I'm very interested in the commentary. That said, I don't think this game needs any kind of graphical overhaul. It was already quite pretty, and I like the slightly pixellated look. Tim doesn't need to move with that much fluidity for this kind of game.

Avatar image for ithas2besaidkvo
ItHas2BeSaidKVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lego_my_eggo: I know it was drug/alcohol induced, but I definitely need to play more games that give me the type of joy that Braid gave to Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

You know, Anniversary Edition. The 13th Anniversary clearly being the most significant of milestones.

I'm totally down for this re-release, I just think it's a weird title when the release doesn't coincide with a traditionally accepted anniversary like 10 or 15 years.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I’d love to have an in-depth developer commentary while playing Inside to understand what motivated some of those...hmm...decisions.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey i love Braid, or rather loved, i only played it once back when it came out and it really made an impact on me, i've been thinking about playing it again and this is a great excuse.
As long as Shira Kammen gets paid too i'm happy, damn i should have brought up this soundtrack in the licensed music topic.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11 chaser324  Moderator

It's time to bust out that time-rewinding potion one more time.

In spite of Blow being mostly insufferable these days, I still may be interested to hear what his thought process was on building Braid.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked that game, and it's cool how they're updating it, but I have little desire to buy and play it again.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sequel would have made more sense to me.

It's a great game but i already have it on Steam.