2018 COMMUNITY GOTY BUGZZZZZ

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Going to open up the Community GOTY voting pretty soon and I will link to this thread for any search issues that arise. And no one can stop me.

Kaivyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do we just vote for the original entry if a remaster came out this year? The World Ends With You: Final Remix, Dragon's Crown Pro and Lumines Remastered do not have separate entries on the wiki.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sweetz

The Shadow of the Colossus PS4 remake is tied to the game page with the release date of the original version and I'm worried it would be automatically disqualified on that basis. That game goes beyond just being an HD upresed port considering that the graphics were completely redone from scratch.

If the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is considered a viable 2018 release, I'd argue that Shadow of Colossus should be as well considering that both were just aesthetic overhauls that kept the gameplay completely the same.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Thanks, @rorie.

Also, I just bought Mr. Shifty for $1.49 on the PSN sale and it lives up to the hype!!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaivyre: Yep, just vote for the original!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweetz: Just vote for the original games in case we don't have a separate wiki entry for the remake and we'll figure it out when the votes are tallied.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Cool - not sure if Divinity Original Sin 2 or Diablo 3 on Switch count, but they're on my list

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a very weird year. Not counting Read Dead, it doesn't seem there have been as many highs and lows as the last couple of years, just a lot of mediocrity.

I've been out of the game a fair bit, so I'm looking forward to getting some good recommendations.

@rorie, you usually mention a few games in your written list that are up my street, especially in the RPG area. Hopefully you push me over the edge on a couple this year.

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanted to put Lumines Remastered on my list, but I couldn't find it.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I voted for the remake for Shadow of the Colossus. Maybe remakes aren't eligible in which case never mind I guess, but I could only find the original version in the search box and not the 2018 release.

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herk: That was my thinking with Lumines Remastered as well, but I played that game for the first time this year, so the Remastered version should go on my list IMO. Oh well, I will have to find something else to slide in.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: I honestly haven't played as many RPGs as I would've liked this year. Been tougher finding time for big meaty games after moving in with my ladyfriend and her dogs a couple of years ago - much more distractable these days, unfortunately. But we'll see!

Luxury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Want to vote for Prey: Mooncrash, but only Prey is showing up. Does DLC count or does it have to be standalone?

OhHiMk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I'm assuming the 'vote for the original' rule applies to expansions as well such as Destiny 2: Forsaken.

Avatar image for thievingsince95
thievingsince95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too had a question about Forsaken. I submitted Destiny 2 on my list. Forsaken did get a retail release this year. If not eligible that's fair I was just curious where we were coming down on this.

TieTuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howdy! "Jazztronauts" isn't showing up as an option. Not sure if it'd be counted as even though it's a totally standalone game in its own right, it is technically a workshop mod.
Thanks for your time!

DrJarkomalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DrJarkomalone

Dragon Quest XI shows as a 2017 release but is September 2018 in US.

chrisccerami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would something like ESC (https://radicaldreamland.itch.io/esc) be eligible? It doesn't appear in the search, but I'm not entirely sure if that's because it's not counted as a game for these purposes or just because no one's entered it in the wiki.

MatCauthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Both Dark Souls and Shadow of the Colossus had remakes released, but link to the original release year.

eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

There's an entry for "The Bard's Tale Trilogy" (1991) without any releases. A new remake was released this year, under that name. I have submitted it as a release, but because I'm "new" to the wiki, it's pending approval, and also I don't know if that's the best way to solve it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By soulcake

Do games like Warframe count it had a major "expansion" in 2018, although the game is still in beta?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#22 Marino  Staff

Both Dark Souls and Shadow of the Colossus had remakes released, but link to the original release year.

This isn't a bug. General remasters don't get separate pages. They're included on the original game's page. So, go ahead and add them to your list.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#23 Marino  Staff

Dragon Quest XI shows as a 2017 release but is September 2018 in US.

This isn't a bug. The wiki shows the first release date regardless of region. So, go ahead and add it to your list.

Voidstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Voidstrike

I can't find Destiny 2: Forsaken, but I am able to find World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. Is this intended or a bug?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Howdy! "Jazztronauts" isn't showing up as an option. Not sure if it'd be counted as even though it's a totally standalone game in its own right, it is technically a workshop mod.

Thanks for your time!

I would also like to vote for Jazztronauts, but it doesn't appear to have any wiki page at all. If I remember right the wiki doesn't have support for adding "mods," does it?

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Already been addressed in similar comments, but just noting that Mark of the Ninja Remastered is another one in the "just vote for the original" category.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't find Dark Souls Remastered on the list. Should I just vote for the original or is it a separate listing? Thanks and keep up the great work!

Avatar image for pistolpackinpoet
PistolPackinPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@voidstrike: I think they said on the bombcast they are aware of the issue and just vote for Destiny 2 and they understand you are voting for the DLC/Expansion

iamthedizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming Parkitect, though listed as a 2015 release, will qualify for 2018?

ajman1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had Flinthook and Guild Wars 2 on my list for this year. Flinthook released on Nintendo Switch and Guild Wars 2 released 3 Living World episodes this year. Both games have release years that are not 2018. Will they be counted or DQ'ed?

Shoutout to @rorie for all the support he does during the holidays! Hope it's a chill January for you duder!

wallrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't figure out how to add games to my top 10 list. There's nothing on the page I can interact with. How do I use it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@wallrick said:

I can't figure out how to add games to my top 10 list. There's nothing on the page I can interact with. How do I use it?

Apparently you don't. Voting offically stopped yesterday, so I assume they disabled list modification and locked it in. I can still see my list, but not edit it.

wallrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_atomic_dumpling: That makes perfect sense. Last time I checked the article the voting wasnt available yet, kinda forgot about it until too late.