Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By rohboat64

Windows 10 Pro

Firefox 64.0.2 (64-bit)

Extensions: Adblock Pro (should not be blocking anything on GB), Emoji Keyboard - Emojis for Firefox (?)

URL: https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/giant-bomb-mailbag-redpop-edition/2970-17857/free-video

Time: 12:10PM 1/16/2019

Was watching random old mailbags, and clicked the "Redpop Edition" video in the carousel and upon loading the page it asked me to fill out an age gate, but the age gate was behind the big white play button. The age gate fields could still be interacted with even though it was partially obscured. I refreshed a few times and tried it in Chrome too and it seemed to happen about half the time. Couldn't find another video this happened on. Screenshot below shows both the issue and the output from the error console. This is while logged in to a premium account. Issue occurs with extensions disabled and in incognito as well.

No Caption Provided

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've spotted two related issues that I'm guessing are all the same bug, so I'll report them here. Both were found on Windows 10 / Firefox 64.0.2, and I've reproduced them with all addons disabled.

First, which is I think a different repro for the above bug: on seemingly any YouTube video (I chose the Exapunks quick look), before hitting play, you can interact with the video behind the play screen. For example, if you hover the mouse over the little GB icon in the top right, you can expand out the little channel menu, and click on the channel/subscribe links:

No Caption Provided

(Unfortunately my mouse isn't visible in a print screen, but in the above logo it's hovering over the subscribe button.)

Second, when a video is playing, you can still click on the Download/Add to Watchlist buttons. In the next screenshot, my mouse is hovering over the position the download button is in the above screenshot; the download button shows its tooltip and is clickable.

No Caption Provided

This is reproducible on any video, while the first bug is only reproducible on YouTube videos (mainly because there's nothing to click on before you hit play on a video using the Giant Bomb video player).