Am I going crazy, or are release dates dissapearing?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Is it just me, or are release dates dissapearing. There are a tonne of games, which I'm sure had release dates before that don't have anymore. All of the major francise pages I've looked at have hardly any release dates for the games. Out of all the pokemon games, only 4 have release dates, Final fantasy is missing loads too, and same for FIFA. I'm sure all these games used to have release dates. I'm sure they did. I was sure virtually every non-obscure game had a release date. But now, there are tonnes that don't. I'm sure I'm not just going crazy.

Just incase its only me who is not seeing these release dates, here is a screenie of a selection of titles from the pokemon page that have no release date, and I'm sure they used to:

caption
caption
And I'm using firefox 3 on windows XP if that makes any diference.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
SuperMooseman said:
"Hey Matt, I believe that is due to this recent removal of content."
That includes release dates? The way snide was talking it sounded like it was to do with copyrighted images and pasted content. I wouldn't have thought release dates would be included in that.
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

It's not just release dates. A lot of releases themselves have vanished, too, including some ones I put up. I'm working on re-adding releases and dates whenever I come across a missing one. Assuming everybody else is willing to do the same, it shouldn't be too long before they're all filled in again.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

OK, thanks guys, it seems really weird them removing release dates, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yup. I was looking at some pages I contributed to, and a lot of the release dates were gone.

blazingwookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By blazingwookie

Same here - release dates randomly dissapearing