Brave browser and video loading problem

thomasonmars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I started getting this issue yesterday and has continued today. Premium videos will not load in the Brave browser unless all ads and trackers are allowed, once they are allowed everything functions as usual.

Would be great if this can be fixed.

Thanks,

midsummerstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same with Firefox 79.0 with uBlockOrigin enabled.

Videos won't play unless uBlockOrigin is disabled for the video page. It seems to be blocking only two domains:

• production-cmp.isgprivacy.cbsi.com
  • c.go-mpulse.net

Everything else is allowed to run.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By Forcen

@thomasonmars: @crackilator: @midsummerstorm: The "easyprivacy" list updated and it broke the site, if you use ublock origin they updated the "unbreak" list which fixes this issue. All you have to do is to purge the list cache for ublock origin and then update all the lists.

No Caption Provided

If you use some other adblocking solution then you need to whitelist the production-cmp.isgprivacy.cbsi.com domain.

midsummerstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: I can confirm that purging the cache and updating the filter lists resolves the issue with uBlockOrigin. Thanks!

Kamakazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, Forcen!

curiosus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By curiosus

The video player not loading while this script is blocked is itself probably a GDPR violation. The default for the system must assume no consent, and the client blocking your cookies or ad scripts or even privacy scripts is affirmatively refusing consent. Under GDPR you cannot block access to services when consent is refused, or else it becomes coercive and all the consent you've gathered is now invalid. The CBSI GDPR implementation has been slightly off for a long time I'm not going to whitelist this script, hopefully the site can be fixed to actually be compliant with what its trying to do. (In fact as a paying customer for a service the EU services regulation requires this be fixed or discounts to the subscription should be offered if this prevents the site from working for more than a few weeks).

therealtakeshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By therealtakeshi

The above fix didn't work for me still in Brave, so I looked at the trackers that Brave was blocking and sure enough, production-cmp.isgprivacy.cbsi.com is blocked under its list of trackers. So I have to fully disable Brave's cross-site trackers blocking feature in order to watch a video or GB-player stream, which is new behavior and not ideal.

That said, much <3 to the dev team, I know developing around this stuff with corporate and legal mandates must be really bananas.

No Caption Provided