Can we disable Embiggen until it is fixed?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Each time I open a new video it blows up beyond my viewing space, this is a known bug with the new Embiggen and then you have to scroll down and reset the video size. I have to do this every time I watch any new video.

Maybe just disable that feature until it is working correctly? It's ok, take all the time you need, but I don't see a great reason to leave it in when it is actively broken and more of a hindrance than anything else. At least perhaps switch it so that videos don't default to starting in that mode?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@humanity: They certainly shouldn't be defaulting to Embiggen, so I'm not sure why they would be doing that for you. Can you try logging in in a different browser to see if they're sitll Embiggening for you?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Humanity

@rorie: I just tried Microsoft Edge and loaded up a video I haven't watched before (Get on my level 10/09/2019) and it also defaulted to the broken embiggen view right away.

EDIT: Also I uncluded a full screen grab of my browser showing how it looks like and I can see the screenshot when editing the post but it doesn't actually show up when I "publish" the post? So maybe another bug I dunno.

No Caption Provided

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: What resolution are you running at?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: 2560x1440 but I just checked and today none of the new videos I've started have launched in embiggen mode, although embiggen itself is still busted. I assume this is a known thing I think I let Dan know about it like 2 weeks ago or so and saw others mention it in another thread.

Deadstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Deadstar

I'm getting the same issue. I'm on an ultrawide and whenever I click a video it stretches so that I can't see the bottom of the video or the controls. I have to click the video, then turn off the embiggen. I'm on a 3440x1440 monitor. Embiggen doesn't seem to work properly with ultrawides at all.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Same here and I got a 16:9, 1080p screen.

No Caption Provided

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rorie

@forcen: @humanity: @deadstar: The issue of it not working on ultrawides is being worked on, but we'll keep an eye on if it is defaulting to that.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

@rorie Great though I'm not on an Ultrawide for the record.

It doesn't default to embiggen.

Luxury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The issue I see is that in Chrome the right edge of the video is cut off by the scrollbar. Just a minor annoyance. Otherwise - big fan