Cannot download following premium videos - "Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable"

iamaparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iamaparade

Good evening,

I've recently re-subscribed to Giant Bomb Premium during the past week after letting my subscription lapse in 2016, and I'm receiving error messages when I try to download episodes of premium series:

"Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable"

https://static-giantbombvideo.cbsistatic.com/vr/2019/03/02/mc_dieanotherfriday_03012019_sdfew_1800.mp4?api_key=3ea3d647f074b465f5274665f207118815272552

I'm able to watch the episodes without issue, but my problem comes from trying to download the videos. I've tried logging out and logging back into the website, but this does not seem to correct the problem. What should I do to correct this issue?

Thanks,

Andrew

*Edit - It looks like my problem may be caused by the free trial that you get from re-upping a subscription?
https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/why-cant-i-download-video-or-wheres-my-videos-1794099/?page=13
If so, I would be okay with eschewing the free trial in favor of a "locked in" subscription. I also am currently subscribing monthly, and would be okay with subscribing yearly if it means I can have access to offline downloads.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 rorie  Staff

@iamaparade: Hey there, is this still happening for you? It looks like you're no longer in the free trial?

iamaparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rorie: The problem no longer occurs! I saw that I was billed yesterday, and was able to successfully download a later episode of Die Another Friday. I guess that the free trial was preventing me from downloading content for offline play, and the downloading problem expired when I started being billed. Thanks for your time, though!