Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

Giantbomb recently updated all of their Wiki Editing tools and I've run into a couple of irritating issues:

When on a Person's wiki page I used to be able to go to "Game Credits" under "Related Pages" and add game credits and specify whether the person's role was in Design, Audio, ect. Now, with the new tools, I can only add the game to their page and if I want to specify if the credit was for Marketing or whatnot I have to go to the game's wiki page itself in order to add that information. This makes adding several credits to a person's page at once incredibly tedious.

Another annoyance is that it seems that once I create an entry in the Release section of a Game page, I can no longer edit what the image for that release is. When I first create the entry I can add an image but after that there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

Maybe there is still a way to do these things with the new tools but I have yet to find it.

Nintenella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was also wondering how to add images to different releases that are already posted, I hope they reply soon.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

yea this needs to be fixed asap, please. ran into the same releases vs images problem just now.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

Another problem I've noticed since starting this thread is that when you click on "View Full History" on a wiki page and then click on an edit done by a user it is suppose to show what the original page looked like in one column and what the page looks like now after the edits in the other. However both columns just show what the page looks like after the changes were made. Here is an example: I made an edit to the Valkyria Chronicles 4 page but both columns show the same text.

Edit: Actually it looks like the left column is showing what the page looks like currently and the right column shows the changes. So even if I look at an older entry in the wiki's log it will still show what the page looks like right now in the "Original" column.

Also because of the way the new tools work I can only edit one release entry at a time, since it goes to a separate screen, making it so I can no longer make edits to multiple release entries in one submission. This is pretty annoying when a launch date is changed for a game being released on several platforms because then I need to make a bunch of submissions in order to update all of the release entries.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another issue I've run into is that I can't add images to pages that don't have anything in their gallery. This is currently the case with the Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon page and several other pages I've created recently such as the Person pages for Kouhaku Kuroboshi and Mine Yoshizaki.

Is there a better place I can send all these problems I'm having with the wiki tools?

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

Whenever I click the "edit" button on a release entry nothing seems to happen. This is something that only started happening recently and whenever I try to reload the page after clicking the "edit" button I am, for whatever reason, brought to this old forum thread on Grim Fandango. In fact I am randomly brought to this specific thread every now and then when I am editing wiki pages. Now sure what is going on with that.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

Whenever I click the "edit" button on a release entry nothing seems to happen. This is something that only started happening recently and whenever I try to reload the page after clicking the "edit" button I am, for whatever reason, brought to this old forum thread on Grim Fandango. In fact I am randomly brought to this specific thread every now and then when I am editing wiki pages. Now sure what is going on with that.

Yeah, this is a combination of two bugs that have been happening all over the site for the past few months, half of it is because of the bug reported here, where the site sees the post-count-number after the last / of the thread URL as the number at the end of the thread name (for this thread it would be 1834766, and the number is just incremented for each new thread created on the site - with most bugs taking you to the first 20 or so threads ever made on these forums) - in the case of the Grim Fandango thread you get redirected to, notice that it's the 3030th thread created on the forums, and that all wiki page URLs start with 3030 - which is where the second bug comes in. When you press edit on those releases, the site for some reason adds a second copy of the url to the page after it, so instead of /3030-xx/game/releases/ it becomes /3030-xx/game/releases/3030-xx/game/releases ... which then redirects you to the 3030th thread when refreshing the page.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

@fisk0: So is it currently impossible to edit preexisting release entries right now or is it just a problem I'm experiencing?

Edit: Okay it seems I can edit release entries if I right click on the edit button and open it in another window. But just clicking the button still does nothing.