Can't play Premium videos without constant connection issues in Chrome

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm unable to stream any premium videos without them stalling and showing the spinner icon after a variable amount of time, requiring me to reload the page and resume the playback. Over and over again, usually around every 5-10 minutes.

I'm using latest Chrome on Windows 10 and I've tested non-premium videos and they seem fine, as does Youtube, Netflix etc, so I'm sure its not a local problem. Nor do I have any issue playing files on my Apple TV through the Giantbomb app on there, on the same network.

Firefox seems to work fine.

Using web inspector to bypass the javascript video player and open the stream directly in a new tab shows that the stream has the same problem in Chromes native player.

Attempting to download the file directly also stalls after a few minutes, so it feels like a problem with Chrome and streaming somehow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9bf8423af62
deactivated-5b9bf8423af62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel like I'm having the same problem... at first, I thought it was my internet, but other sites run fine. Seems to be just the premium content. Chrome too. Weird though :/

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MeierTheRed

Try clearing all the cookies from the Giant Bomb site, i had to do that a few weeks ago. Because videos just wouldn't load. Just click the padlock in the bar and delete all cookies from there.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I had this issue trying to watch the Megadate in Edge on my Windows 10 tablet too. It kept saying the page had crashed and refreshed every other minute. Worked fine in Firefox though.

Since both Edge and Chrome run on the Webkit engine, and Firefox doesn't I'd assume that's the culprit.