Carousel control missing

#1 Posted by azgar (12 posts) -

Browser: Firefox 67

Issue: When watching a video, the carousel underneath which contains other episodes of the same show has the control strip hidden.

Not sure if bug or "working as intended" on your end.

- Doesn't appear to be present in multiple other browsers I tried, just Firefox.

- In Firefox the page's html element has class touchevents applied to it, other browsers on the same device get no-touchevents.

- Rule with selectors.touchevents .carousel-strip__control sets display to none, hiding the controls.

Don't know if some sort of detection of device capabilities is at all related but the device has a touchscreen.

If this is intended behavior for touchscreen devices I would suggest the criteria to hide the arrows to be changed as not to rely on touch being present on the device alone. Using non-mobile device with touch I might still want to use the arrows.

If using touch was the intent for the website on said device, I tried to swipe and it wouldn't work so switching to grid view was the only alternative.

Thanks. Hope the report helps.

#2 Edited by Garr123 (64 posts) -

Yeah, came here looking for a solution to this issue. It started just recently. I actually don't have controls to scroll through *any* videos: every front page section, any series, quick looks, nothing. The left/right buttons to cycle through are simply absent.

#3 Posted by azgar (12 posts) -

@garr123 (and anyone else who might have the issue) Uploaded an extension as a workaround, had very little time to test it. Please report if it does or not work for you.

#4 Posted by Garr123 (64 posts) -

Seems to be fixed.

#5 Posted by AdamKerr (28 posts) -

@azgar said:

@garr123 (and anyone else who might have the issue) Uploaded an extension as a workaround, had very little time to test it. Please report if it does or not work for you.

Thanks for this.