Carousel control missing

azgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Browser: Firefox 67

Issue: When watching a video, the carousel underneath which contains other episodes of the same show has the control strip hidden.

Not sure if bug or "working as intended" on your end.

- Doesn't appear to be present in multiple other browsers I tried, just Firefox.

- In Firefox the page's html element has class touchevents applied to it, other browsers on the same device get no-touchevents.

- Rule with selectors.touchevents .carousel-strip__control sets display to none, hiding the controls.

Don't know if some sort of detection of device capabilities is at all related but the device has a touchscreen.

If this is intended behavior for touchscreen devices I would suggest the criteria to hide the arrows to be changed as not to rely on touch being present on the device alone. Using non-mobile device with touch I might still want to use the arrows.

If using touch was the intent for the website on said device, I tried to swipe and it wouldn't work so switching to grid view was the only alternative.

Thanks. Hope the report helps.

Garr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Garr123

Yeah, came here looking for a solution to this issue. It started just recently. I actually don't have controls to scroll through *any* videos: every front page section, any series, quick looks, nothing. The left/right buttons to cycle through are simply absent.

azgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garr123 (and anyone else who might have the issue) Uploaded an extension as a workaround, had very little time to test it. Please report if it does or not work for you.

Garr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be fixed.

adamkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azgar said:

@garr123 (and anyone else who might have the issue) Uploaded an extension as a workaround, had very little time to test it. Please report if it does or not work for you.

Thanks for this.

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Came here to post about this too... Have had the issue for a while now.

Windows 10, Firefox 72

No Caption Provided