Changing volume on audio player (for podcasts) pauses audio

#1 Edited by Psykus (4 posts) -

Listening to the 9/10 Bombcast via the website's built in audio player and I just noticed every time I change the volume via the volume control on the page the audio pauses itself. I assume it's registering the click from changing the volume and passing it through to the big play/pause button on the page where the thumbnail for the episode is. Let me know if you want screenshots or any additional info and I'd be glad to assist.

Some tech specs: Running latest Mozilla Firefox (69.0) on Windows 7. I have uBlock Origin but disabling it has no effect.

#2 Posted by Rorie (5912 posts) -

@psykus said:

Listening to the 9/10 Bombcast via the website's built in audio player and I just noticed every time I change the volume via the volume control on the page the audio pauses itself. I assume it's registering the click from changing the volume and passing it through to the big play/pause button on the page where the thumbnail for the episode is. Let me know if you want screenshots or any additional info and I'd be glad to assist.

Some tech specs: Running latest Mozilla Firefox (69.0) on Windows 7. I have uBlock Origin but disabling it has no effect.

I'm not able to recreate this myself; can you post a screenshot of the player that you see? Might be a resolution issue.

Staff
#3 Posted by Psykus (4 posts) -

Here's a screenshot. When clicking anywhere in the volume slider at the bottom left (or holding down the mouse button and dragging the slider up or down), the volume changes but the podcast also pauses. When dragging the slider, the podcast pauses when I release the mouse button.

No Caption Provided

I should probably just find a good dedicated podcast player on Windows that syncs my played episodes with my phone but figured I would report this anyways.