Chat Notification Count

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not much of a chat person, so maybe this is a me problem. But when I have the chat closed I get this ever-updating icon for every message anybody types into chat. It's not the biggest deal, but it doesn't seem useful and it is a little distracting. If I click "HIDE" at the top, the video window is too large and gets cut off on either the top or bottom of the frame.

No Caption Provided

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@hatking: Hmm, yeah, I can see that that might be a little distracting. Maybe we'll try getting rid of that and keeping the reply tab in case someone @s you? Curious if anyone else has any opinions on it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I think that would be a perfect solution, but I have no idea how this stuff works or if other folks actually do need those alerts. However it turns out, thanks!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

To add one more user’s opinion, I have never found those alerts useful either. I’m aware that hundreds of chat messages are coming in, but sometimes you just gotta close chat for size screen reasons (laptop, etc.).

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll add my two cents here. Get rid of the count for chat, but keep it for replies. The chat count just seems un-needed. It only seems useful for GB Infinite, since it's a much lower viewer to chatting count than say a Beastcast live stream.

Avatar image for heartbreakridge
HeartbreakRidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll also chime in that the chat notification just isn't useful. Reply count is nice but if I have the chat minimized it is because I don't want to deal with chat right now (spoilers, people spending way too long gushing about abusers, etc).

And if/when I do pop back into chat, I am not going to go read all the previous comments. I'll just see what the current topic is.