Comments disappearing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Wondering if anyone else has seen their comments disappear recently. I realize they can be deleted by moderators, but the ones I'm talking about were not (at least, I can't imagine they would have been and I didn't receive a notification that a mod had deleted them). They were comments that I made and someone replied to, and I replied back under the Far Cry Primal Quicklook. They're gone now, I can even see the notification that someone replied to my comment, but when I click the link the comment chain is gone. The comments were surrounding how to buy the game for PC for less than $60 ($40-$45), via Best Buy/Amazon or D2P - was it because discussion of where to buy games at a sale price are forbidden?? And the comments were stealth-deleted with no notification?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

That could be because of an anti-spam filter.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: Anti-spam? That would require spamming, i.e sending multiple promotional comments by a bot in inappropriate places. This was literally a price discussion.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Not really, spam can be a single message from one account advertising something. They will often mention various online stores and prices. Your post must've looked like a spam to the bot.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: My post didn't, I assure you, and related posts that wouldn't even have triggered the same things are also gone.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This isn't a bug. A couple of your comments have been removed recently. If you have questions, use the PM All Mods link and send the moderators a private message.