Confusing Parts Of The Change User Settings Flow

Crashpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just signed up and one of the first things I did was change my avatar. There are some confusing bits in the user setttings flow. They are as follows:

1. There is not default choice set for the "Autoplay next video after one ends?" radio button. It's easy to miss and makes it hard to figure out why changes aren't being saved.

2. There is no explanation as to what the difference between "Image" and "Picture" fields are in the "Avatar and backgrounds" section. I suggest changing "Image" to "Avatar" to make it consistent with the how the rest of the site refers to it.

3. The "save" button is way at the bottom after a long list of options. I must of tried to change my settings like six times before I noticed that the "save" button even exists. Maybe throw up a notification bar or something to warn of unsaved changes.

Browser: Firefox

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rorie

@crashpad said:

I just signed up and one of the first things I did was change my avatar. There are some confusing bits in the user setttings flow. They are as follows:

1. There is not default choice set for the "Autoplay next video after one ends?" radio button. It's easy to miss and makes it hard to figure out why changes aren't being saved.

2. There is no explanation as to what the difference between "Image" and "Picture" fields are in the "Avatar and backgrounds" section. I suggest changing "Image" to "Avatar" to make it consistent with the how the rest of the site refers to it.

3. The "save" button is way at the bottom after a long list of options. I must of tried to change my settings like six times before I noticed that the "save" button even exists. Maybe throw up a notification bar or something to warn of unsaved changes.

Browser: Firefox

Hey thanks for the suggestions. I think we haven't changed the UI for the user settings page for a...substantially long time. I'll see if someone can look into all this, though.