CSRF Token does not renew on refresh for Microsoft Edge

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

As the topic says. I can't refresh the page to renew the CSRF Token, and closing and reopening the tab doesn't do it either. I have to completely exit out of the browser, and then navigate back to the video in question.

dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Bumping this thread that this exact problem happens with Firefox and not because a significant amount of time has passed. Also on Windows 10.

Within about a minute of opening a thread title (this one https://www.giantbomb.com/contradiction-spot-the-liar/3030-50336/forums/theyre-making-another-one-1875924/ ) from Discord, I scrolled down to try and post. I hit reply. Boom, CSRF Token invalid yadda yadda.

I hit F5 to refresh, I try to post. Same error. I refresh *again*, no dice. I hard cache refresh (ctrl +f5), meaning I completely lose the short piece of text in the editor, it finally works.

Despite a website redesign and it being literal years since it was first reported, the CSRF token thing is still very much a problem. At this rate I don't expect it to be ever fixed, but at the same time don't expect most people to bother posting on these forums as long as it persists.