#1 Posted by ReverendHunt (743 posts) -

Hello,

Tried uploading images today, and it's not working. First, I assumed maybe that Steam (image source) had done something suddenly to disallow the import of images, as some sites have done in the past. So, I saved the image to my hard drive. But, then it's not allowing the image from there. So I looked for an image on a completely different website, and it's still not working. Considering that I've seen a few new games added today without images at all, I'm assuming I'm not alone.

All of the images were coming up as broken in my previous images section, but when I went back to it after navigating away, all of the broken images were completely gone. Using Windows 10, tried on FireFox + Chrome.

Avatar image for generic_username
#2 Edited by Generic_username (874 posts) -

Hey, I'm having a problem uploading images, too.

"Problem occurred while uploading image: no "successful" array/object was returned in the JSON response."

That's the message I'm getting.

For context, I'm using chrome, and the images are coming from my hard drive. I tried saving them in different file formats, and got the same response. I also tried uploading an image that I had successfully uploaded before and got the same response.

#3 Edited by ReverendHunt (743 posts) -

I'm seeing something about AWS being messed up today for a lot of people. I don't know anything about GB's backend, but that could potentially be the reason.

If so, it'd not be up to GB to fix and we just gotta wait on Amazon.

#4 Posted by icedturtle4 (39 posts) -

Amazon Web Services is down right now and its affecting a lot of sites. Not sure if GB uses their services. https://www.cnet.com/news/no-the-internet-is-not-broken-amazon-web-services-is-just-having-issues/

Avatar image for generic_username
#5 Posted by Generic_username (874 posts) -

@reverendhunt: That's unfortunate. I've been procrastinating this blog post for literal weeks now and finally got around to writing it up. I have great timing -_-

#6 Posted by Rorie (4128 posts) -

This is indeed related to AWS outage. When they're back these issues should resolve themselves. Sorry for the trouble, but at least it's better than that four-day-outage back in 2010.

Staff
#7 Posted by Nux (2759 posts) -

@rorie said:

This is indeed related to AWS outage. When they're back these issues should resolve themselves. Sorry for the trouble, but at least it's better than that four-day-outage back in 2010.

That was a dark time, but on the bright side that all day talk radio show Dave did was awesome.

#8 Posted by ReverendHunt (743 posts) -

Yeah not a GB-exclusive issue. I get it... I've seen this happen a few times. I work in internet security so I bet things are insane at my office right now with clients assuming the worst.

Amazon Web Services is down right now and its affecting a lot of sites. Not sure if GB uses their services. https://www.cnet.com/news/no-the-internet-is-not-broken-amazon-web-services-is-just-having-issues/

Posted that hypothesis literally seconds before you lol

#9 Posted by Rorie (4128 posts) -
Staff
#10 Edited by ReverendHunt (743 posts) -

All's well that ends well.