#1 Edited by ashbash (417 posts) -

I am using the latest version of Google Chrome.

When viewing a video in full screen, the cursor does not automatically hide after a few seconds.

To stop having the cursor on screen at all times when viewing a full screen video, I will move the cursor to the bottom left or right of the screen.

I do not move the cursor to the top left or right of the screen because the cursor is a hand icon and can still be seen when in these positions.

However, when the cursor is in the bottom left or right of the screen, the time shows for the video (little black box). Normally this will only show when hovering over the video timeline.

I have attached a picture below (see bottom right):

No Caption Provided

Sorry for being picky, but please could this be fixed as it is a little bit of a nuisance. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Fattony12000 (8299 posts) -

same

#3 Edited by Rorie (4225 posts) -
Staff
#4 Posted by Fattony12000 (8299 posts) -

@rorie: I want to say that I've been noticing it on my HD HTML5 fullscreen videos for the past...month or so?

Thanks for getting back to us on this!

#5 Posted by Fredddi43 (534 posts) -

Yeah I've had this issue for a couple month now, Using HD Streaming.

#6 Edited by Sogeman (987 posts) -

I don't think the cursor ever hid for me in Firefox.

#7 Posted by Newfangled (194 posts) -

Cursor hasn't disappeared for me in full screen for as long as I can remember. Always push it to the side. Safari, OSX 10.9.

#8 Edited by OldGuy (1671 posts) -

The cursor has always stayed on for me for as long as I can remember as well (Firefox)...

#9 Posted by SavePoint (106 posts) -

The cursor never disappears for me as well (Chrome on multiple computers - HTML5 HD).

#10 Posted by Warmachine (138 posts) -

This is still an issue for me in google chrome. Any hope for a fix?

#11 Posted by rick (504 posts) -

@warmachine: Try incognito mode with no other browser windows open. If that fixes it then look at your extensions.

#12 Posted by jojjo333 (39 posts) -

It's a sad state of affairs that in 2016 this is still a thing.

#13 Posted by Linkorius (43 posts) -

The cursor never disappears for me as well (Chrome on multiple computers - HTML5 HD).

@jojjo333 said:

It's a sad state of affairs that in 2016 this is still a thing.

#14 Posted by ChrisTaran (2039 posts) -

This has been a thing since the site launched, as far as I can remember. So a bug going on near 8 years.

#15 Posted by laini (198 posts) -

Also having this problem.

#16 Posted by lanerobertlane (260 posts) -

Since this issue has been re-raised, I'll point out it's the the same for me too. Always has been. I'm using chrome on windows 10

#17 Edited by XeloX (20 posts) -

Same issue, still, for me, has been this way for ages sadly (especially annoying on my triple-screen setup)

#18 Posted by dnosoup (4 posts) -

The new beta player also doesn't seem to hide the cursor. Tried both Firefox and Edge.

#19 Posted by wcarle (301 posts) -

@dnosoup: I fixed this and it returned from the dead... I have another fix ready, it should come out later this week. Thanks duders

Staff