• 125 results
mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Hey all

Thanks for bearing with us through this rough spell. We're actively working on bugs around the clock, and various engineers are starting to get snippy with each other, but I wanted to at least provide an update as to what bugs we have at the top of our queues and the progress on them.

Known bugs:

• Wiki Search - currently massive relevancy problems with search
  • Forum Search - not working at all
  • Lists - Can't edit or create lists
  • Galleries - Viewing errors on side by side
  • Forum - edit and delete buttons aren't set properly
  • Profile page - status updates, profile feeds are wonky
  • Wiki edits - associations are breaking wiki edits (and possibly other internal bugs)
  • Logins - Some users continue to have login / password problems
  • Twitter feed - Missing on front page
  • Recent posts - Missing on front page
  • Chat - various chat bugs with emoticons for premium users, not fully able to type the 255 char length

This is our current work progress:

• Wiki Search - Relevancy is the first priority for us as it's causing problems w/ wiki edits and creation of objects. I have no ETA as it seems like things work, and then start to fail based on tweaks to our scores. That said, we've finally gotten deltas and full search indices up, just need to get relevancy to a good state.
  • Forum Search - Will be attacked after Wiki search, but wanted to just tell everybody that we are looking at this. Background is our SOLR search system got a relatively large index change (which was needed).
  • Lists - hope to be fixed today.
  • Galleries - hope to be fixed today or Monday at the latest
  • Forum - hope to be fixed by EOB Monday
  • Profile page - Hope to have this working by Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • Wiki Edits - Actively being worked on, hopefully be EOB Monday
  • Logins - Attacking as they roll in, some are one-offs, others point at a backend system (which we unfortunately have no control with).
  • Twitter feed - We have the twitter worker working again, but need some time to reload the module. It's a bit lower priority so may not show until Tuesday.
  • Recent posts - We had some secure boards showing up. Will start work on this on Tuesday, hopefully half a day to fix and release (Wednesday ETA).
  • Chat - We'll probably attack it again early next week, I know @edgework is doing what he can on his free time.

The team as a whole is thankful for how patient everybody has been. We're glad the video player has been doing better and obviously we'll continue to work to make the site back to what it was and better. I'll post an update mid next week (originally was thinking of making this a blog post, but better off in the forum for now).

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RonGalaxy

@mrpibb: Just wanted to add that Im not getting any notifications at all on the site. I checked to make sure they are turned on, cleared my browsing data, and tried a few different browsers. Not sure what else it could be besides a bug with the new code.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru-joe93: let me look. Can you try resaving your profile settings? Anybody else not getting notifications?

RuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've been having an impossible time with the videos since the change. They simply wont play on chrome, it works fine on my Ipad but on my main PC it dims the lights on the back but I'm left with a black screen.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm just magic, I still haven't had problems.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@run: try clearing your domain cache (giantbomb.com).

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On todays spelunking with scoops and yesterdays kerbal space stream, my messages didn't show up in chat. refreshing the page fixed the problem, but just thought Id let you know. Thanx for your hard work. I do like the new video players and stuff.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

Has the wiki search been disabled entirely until you're able to get it working?
The only things showing up in search for me are videos, articles, podcasts, etc. Nothing whatsoever on the wiki.
I'm also not seeing anything related to the wiki under search options. Here's a screencap. Hope this helps.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Premium live streams have terrible audio skipping and artifacting on iPad. Not a new bug but I deal with it every week and it hurts me emotionally.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BisonHero

Hey, as of a few minutes ago, below each forum thread it says who created them at what time, instead of the subforum.

So now the draconian thread title character limit is even more of a hindrance, because I can't say "Has anyone played this lately?", where "this" is contextually obvious from the subforum. Seriously, with all the site updates since the Whiskey Media days, how has the thread title character limit not been raised by, say, at least 20 characters? I'm pretty sure people's widescreen resolutions these days can handle titles longer than 60 characters.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I guess this is probably intentional, but I'm kinda disappointed at how the new releases form gets disabled when you submit something. Used to be I could just close the confirmation pop-up and reuse the reuse the form for another release, which save me a lot of time since most of the details could be reused. Now I have to go back to the form and spend time re-entering everything, which will be a huge pain for titles with lots of platforms/releases. All in all, I wish the wiki had more entry tools aimed at making data entry faster.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, as of a few minutes ago, below each forum thread it says who created them at what time, instead of the subforum.

So now the draconian thread title character limit is even more of a hindrance, because I can't say "Has anyone played this lately?", where "this" is contextually obvious from the subforum. Seriously, with all the site updates since the Whiskey Media days, how has the thread title character limit not been raised by, say, at least 20 characters? I'm pretty sure people's widescreen resolutions these days can handle titles longer than 60 characters.

No thanks, keep it to 20.

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By goreyfantod

Chat stopped working for me entirely during the UPF stream. My comments stopped posting, even after several refreshes. When I tried clicking on the drop-down lists for "Staff" and "Mods" there were no names listed, just "undefined" under both.

Edit: I logged out, then back in & cleared the cache in Chrome and chat started working again.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpibb said:

@naru-joe93: let me look. Can you try resaving your profile settings? Anybody else not getting notifications?

I did that as well (turned them off then back on), but I'll do it again.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16 chaser324  Moderator

I'm not sure if this is necessarily a "bug", but the forum feed no longer indicates what forum a thread is in.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrpibb

@baillie: @chaser324: sorry that was a missed release. we're going to roll it back once chat is done (the release was sent out to fix some chat issues).

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm not sure if this is necessarily a "bug", but the forum feed no longer indicates what forum a thread is in.

I was about to bring this up. Please don't remove this, as a lot of people post a question and rely on the forum thread to specify what game it's related to. For instance, there's currently a thread whose title is "2 questions for the PC port". It's in the Dark Souls forum, but there's no way to know that without going into the thread itself.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

@bisonhero said:

No thanks, keep it to 20.

Well, it's 60, but sure, whatever.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BisonHero

@mrpibb: Thanks!

If I may phrase my earlier complaint in a more polite fashion: has any thought ever been given to increasing the character limit for forum thread titles?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Might as well post it here: I don't think aliases work. For instance, I can access the Revolver Ocelot page just fine, but not by searching Shalashaska.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I meant 60. If you can't get your point across in 60 characters, you're doing something wrong.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@baillie said:

@bisonhero: I meant 60. If you can't get your point across in 60 characters, you're doing something wrong.

Maybe. But what if I want to get 2 or 3 points across huh?

HUH? :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What new features have been added to the site that caused so many bugs? The only intentional differences I've spotted are minor alterations to the forums and profile pages. Is it mostly under-the-hood stuff us users won't notice?

Also, are the parenthesised labels at the end of thread titles intentional or a bug? I asked Rorie but he couldn't tell me, though he agreed they're kinda unnecessary.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: I think most of it is efficiency based additions, not feature based. I think they changed some server stuff as well

bluesun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru-joe93: possibly the first big update since the Gamespot and GB codebases remerged again? i thought this was mentioned on puppy time briefly...

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Just noticed this now. I was wondering what's wrong with the search engine, but now it makes sense.

beep222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having to download most videos since this went live. Most of the time the videos won't start (the window fades to black and then never starts), or the video will hang a few minutes in.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NuclearWinter  Moderator

@mrpibb: I'm sure this is probably a known issue that's including with the other search stuff, but just in case: aliases aren't working when searching for wiki pages. For example, searching for TF2 (an alias for Team Fortress 2) doesn't find any results.

Edit: Doh, I see that Video_Game_King already mentioned this above.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Bollard

@mrpibb: Awesome :D Oh, reply is red now, how odd.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@mrpibb: I didn't see this in the known issues so I will mention it here sir. Could it be falls under general "Wiki Problems"!

I was trying to edit the release information for Samurai Gunn (http://www.giantbomb.com/samurai-gunn/3030-43543/releases/) but was unable to. Every time I hit commit it said "Woops!". I tried from Firefox and Chrome, both Win7. Thanks very much.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#37  Edited By bobafettjm

I am not sure if it has been noted or not, but I cannot seem to save any edits on a games guide page. I get an error every time I save.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I take it that the broken forum search is what's keeping me from posting my blogs to a specific forum. Oh well, it can wait. Good luck on fixing things, don't overwork yourselves, I'm sure it's chaotic where you are.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By evilrazer
No Caption Provided

When you try to debiggen a video that is featured at the top of the main page - this happens. (Latest Google Chrome version) Edit: Giantbomb has revolted against me. Can't fix the formatting.

No Caption Provided

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By burgavo

Hey guy's thought I would chime in with the little issue I came across with the videoplayer while using latest version of firefox.

So when I go from full screen back to page view using the player controls everything works fine but when I try using "esc" to return to page view this happens:

No Caption Provided

The player controls show up as normal but the video stays larger and trails of the page on the right side.

This only happens when using "esc" from "fullscreen" and does not happen when I use "esc" from the "fill browser" option.

I don't know if you can use this info in any way but I thought I'd mention it.

Anyway player as a whole has been working a lot better so thanx for that and keep up the good work.

cheers

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#41  Edited By Yummylee

User-reviews are all kinda broken. They don't show up on the review section of my profile, nor can I even directly link to it. It's a review for a piece of DLC, which perhaps makes things a little more complicated, but they initially were always easy to navigate too and would at least show up on my profile.

Also,

• Profile statuses don't work.
  • Wiki submissions don't show up on your profile.
  • Seems that blogs/lists/reviews don't show up as a notification
  • No timestamps for user-posted stuff on profiles.
  • Can no longer edit your OP of a thread your created.
BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BlackLagoon

Aliases now work in search, but the results just show the main name as a regular match and doesn't tell you that the search match is an alias like it used to. Though, ideally the results would show the actual name of the alias you found as well.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im having a problem with the video player quality settings staying, they keep going back to the default of streaming-auto and i try and use progressive-HD. I haven't payed that much attention to it, but it seems somewhat random on when it will reset to default. Sometimes it lasts a full day or 2, but i also just watched a video and tried watching another right after and it was already reset.

Firefox 27 on windows 7 home premium

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently getting a 500 error every time I try to connect to my profile. Not sure if that is connected to the update or just general server wonkiness.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By cozmicaztaway

In chrome on Android, I can't click the navigation menu in a wikipage and see images, forums, etc.The icon gets highlighted, but no menu appears that I can see.

EDIT: Reproducible in chrome on WIndows 8 (so, you know, Chrome), as well as Firefox. I'm assuming other browsers as well. It seems clicking the element labeled

<i class="icon icon-reorder btn btn-mini btn-inverse"></i> just doesn't do anything currently.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are efforts being made to fix Notifications?

I don't see it on the main list, but Notifications from forum posts linked to a wiki page have been broken for days now. Is that not a top priority?

I'm sure yall are working hard; I just haven't seen an update on how it's going.

tandar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any update on the "resume" feature being fixed?

I miss it so much :/

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Are efforts being made to fix Notifications?

I don't see it on the main list, but Notifications from forum posts linked to a wiki page have been broken for days now. Is that not a top priority?

I'm sure yall are working hard; I just haven't seen an update on how it's going.

Same here, didn't see anything about this in the first post. Really annoying especially if you don't get the notification right away and then have to dig for what someone said to you.

Homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Homeslice

Not sure if it's related to Associations, but it seems like any edits to Credits pages error out. The red error bar appears almost immediately for small edits, and will also appear after 20-30 seconds if your edit is larger (like an edit that creates a new Person page).

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpibb:

So the flag system seems to be different. Everything works fine, but the system doesn't give an indication to whether the flag was sent to the mods or not. It used to change the flag button so it would say "flagged" but it no longer does that.

Also, I just tried to @ you, and it isnt working. It brings up the thing to search for users, but when I type in a username nothing comes up. Had to hit the reply button.