Distinguish "Latest Premium Content" box from "Coming Up"

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

This is more of a suggestion than a bug, but when I first saw the new "Latest Premium Content" box I got really confused, thinking it was stating that episode 4 of Metal Gear Scanlon as coming up soon - when I had already seen it!

As others have said in the new upgrade page appreciation thread, this new box is a little misleading, it'd be nice if it was distinguished more from the existing upcoming box so that it is easier to work out whether there's new content or not.

Maybe it's fine, and it's just me rejecting change, but hey, if you think otherwise I'd like to hear from you anyway.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I didn't even realise it was highlighting the most recent premium content, I thought it was just a bug displaying outdated upcoming features. But yeah, it would be cool if there was a way to differentiate between the two, if they're not already working on it (which I'm sure they're aware of).

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really like the idea, some way to quickly survey what's gone up recently, but it could be a little bit more separated. I'm also not a big fan of the font in "Latest Premium Content", but that's just a personal thing.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I understand the idea behind it, the thing seems a bit redundant when anyone on the front page can already see much of what has come out recently by just scrolling down. Oh well. It's not really a bad thing as long as it doesn't take up any of the space used by the Coming Soon area.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I prefer seeing a bit of info on what is coming up over the latest premium content. I think that is all well represented enough in the feed. I get the thinking but think one is more useful than the other.

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I think that knowing what's coming up is a lot more useful than seeing what already has, especially seeing as you can already see that information through the latest video feed. Its a really odd choice IMHO.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, I thought there was a bug and it was just posting content that already went up.

I don't really care if it wants to push latest premium content, though that does seem a little redundant sitting right next to the 'latest stories' thing, but it should probably be more distinguished.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Levius

Wow, I totally thought it was the coming soon box being bugged. I think it's a wierd change, I liked seeing what was coming up, and surely subscribers are invested enough in the site to go to the subscriber tab in videos.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Good to see I'm not the only one who was confused by it!

xrolfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By xrolfx

That new box really weirded me out. I'd rather know what's coming up, kinda like knowing what I can look forward to. Would be cool if that was reverted or if integrated in a different way.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's hard to really give feedback on this when there is currently no "coming up" box.

We should wait until there is something coming up so we can see the difference. That's me, though.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Yeah I'd just rather see what's coming up, not what is already out.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

Wow, add me to the list of people that thought it was a bugged out coming soon box. Why would I need to see what's out? I've already seen it! :P

Seriously though... jonesing for a new Metal Gear episode right about now...

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By Killercombo

I hope they remove the latest box, its annoying, every time I am on the site I think new stuff is coming up.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah... I was also confused until I noticed the MGS episode 4 was still there.

At least, they should have both boxes, or the union of the content with some way to distinguish between "coming soon" and "already out"

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Just to note, the Upcoming box still exists, it just hides now when there is nothing scheduled in the near future. It shows up above the new premium content thingy when there is stuff scheduled.

But yeah, I get confused by it too because I'm so used to the old way the page was set up.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Like I said in the other thread, there should at least be an option to turn it off for premium members

Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Ninja

I completely agree, I honestly don't see the need for it at all, new content is already highlighted very well on the home page and the video page, the widget should be exclusively for upcoming content.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's a bad box!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather see a list of all videos coming up, premium or not.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

Like I said in the other thread, there should at least be an option to turn it off for premium members

And, like I said in the other thread, I second this suggestion. Don't even make an option, just turn it off for premium members. To premium members, "premium" content is just content.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say I'm a fan of it either. Between the premium tab, front page listings, and new premium play button, it's pretty hard to not know what's premium and the new bars seem very redundant.

I'm fine with you guys trying to get more subs but these bars are confusing and I'd really appreciate a way to disable it for subscribers.

Thanks for reading and take care.