Downloaded videos constantly freezing/stuttering when played in Windows Media Player.

Monkeyman1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I view Giant Bomb videos by downloading them in WMP, this used to work flawlessly on my old laptop (was a 5+ year old Alienware laptop with Windows Vista. That laptop finally gave up the ghost in May, forcing me to buy a new one. Ever since I started using the new laptop, the Giant Bomb videos have constantly stuttered/frozen periodically throughout every video. It seems to happen in different spots every time, when I rewind it won't stutter in the place, which would make me think it was a using too much memory issue, but the new laptop is much more powerful than my old one and videos from all other sources work perfectly. Video and audio remain in sync post-stutter. I have installed the same video codec packs I had on the old laptop on the new one, and to my knowledge have up-to-date video drivers. Any idea what the issue could be? (Apologies if this should have gone in the pinned video thread, but that seemed to be about the site player)

dsjwetrwete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have you tried using VLC?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I view Giant Bomb videos by downloading them in WMP, this used to work flawlessly on my old laptop (was a 5+ year old Alienware laptop with Windows Vista. That laptop finally gave up the ghost in May, forcing me to buy a new one. Ever since I started using the new laptop, the Giant Bomb videos have constantly stuttered/frozen periodically throughout every video. It seems to happen in different spots every time, when I rewind it won't stutter in the place, which would make me think it was a using too much memory issue, but the new laptop is much more powerful than my old one and videos from all other sources work perfectly. Video and audio remain in sync post-stutter. I have installed the same video codec packs I had on the old laptop on the new one, and to my knowledge have up-to-date video drivers. Any idea what the issue could be? (Apologies if this should have gone in the pinned video thread, but that seemed to be about the site player)

Is this all video, including old ones that you previously watched on your old laptop and worked OK?