Downloaded videos not playing completely.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently downloaded the Project B.E.A.S.T videos 7 & 8 (can't recall which version was either mobile or HD) and they will work fine for an hour then just crash the video player. I have tried opening in multiple video players on multiple systems. Windows Media Player, VLC, and Cyber DVD on Windows 10 all crash as well as VLC app on Android (Neuxs 7 2012).

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well which one was it, mobile or HD? There's a big difference.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it was the HD videos.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@limond: Is this still "a thing" for you? No one else has reported this. I can't seem to reproduce on Mac with QT Player.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@limond: Oh wait, there it is. I found it. I'll see what I can do...

MrDanhattan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrDanhattan

I've also been having this issue, most recently with this week's UPF. It quits out round about 1:20, in both Quicktime and VLC. No way to make them start part-way through the video either, they flat out refuse, even though the video knows it should be 1:55.

NEPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By NEPatriot

I've been having this issue with the last two weeks of UPF downloading the high quality version.

NEPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just an update. I had this issue again downloading this weeks UPF and the episode of VinnyVania. Video seems to play until around 1 hour 20 minutes then stops.

Has anyone found any fixes for this yet?

Gracon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been having issues with all HD GBEAST videos downloaded to my phone for the last week or two. Videos crash and "fail to play" at points in the videos using the default player in Pocket Casts. Running the same videos in VLC mobile works, but the audio skips at all the same points that it crashes in Pocket Casts.

All of the West videos work fine with no problems, so I'm wondering if the GBEast guys changed how they are encoding or changed software.

function404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been having similar issues. Tried downloading the GBE Playdate for LIS on 1/8/2016 and the video just cuts off in VLC at around 2 hrs. I tried downloading multiple times and the results are all the same.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gracon said:

I've been having issues with all HD GBEAST videos downloaded to my phone for the last week or two. Videos crash and "fail to play" at points in the videos using the default player in Pocket Casts. Running the same videos in VLC mobile works, but the audio skips at all the same points that it crashes in Pocket Casts.

All of the West videos work fine with no problems, so I'm wondering if the GBEast guys changed how they are encoding or changed software.

What RSS feed are you using with Pocket Casts?

TechiesRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I have been having this same issue months on HD videos downloaded in chrome.

Gracon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilman1101: I'm using the "SD" Premium RSS feeds as I typically have the videos playing while I am working and it's basically "HD" on a phone anyway. I did have an issue with the 3/18 UPF, but that has been the only time I've had any issues with the West Coast videos in weeks.

NEPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I juts had this again for part 3 of the VR videos. Part 1 and 2 downloaded fine though.

Avatar image for thefishofwisdom
thefishofwisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am having this problem as well. It seems to happen for all HD videos I download, and also the high quality ones (at a later time than the corresponding HD video).